Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 3:19 pm

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 The_li10Lilly turned at the sound of clapping, seeing the Norseman standing there as she breathed heavily from her long training exercise.  When he threw his axe, she didn't even flinch as it sailed by her, watching it as it imbedded itself into one of the dummies.  She turned to look at him, her eyes a myraid of swirling colors, unable at that moment to settle on just one.  She grabbed a small towel, wiping the sweat from her face and chest as she removed the coat, pleased that she'd sewn in the sheaths perfectly once again.  She looked down at the large hand then back up to him before placing her so much smaller hand into his, watching as his hand completely engulfed hers yet her own grip was strong in his then looked up and up, tilting her head back so that she would look into his eyes. Her head barely came to his chest.  

"Aye...I remember ye, Norseman", she said with a small smile only to look away at his question about her eyes.  "No one knows for sure, Dietrich.....at least 'tis has never been explained tae' me.  Me parents died before they themselves could tell me an' the nuns at the orphanage kept me locked away so they would'nae hae' tae' look at me eyes.  All I know is they change with me emotions and swirl when I doona know what 'tis I feel or I am feeling too much."

She walked over to the dummies, deftly removing her blades and after checking each and ever one for knicks before wiping them off she then replaced them into the appointed sheaths within the coat.  The two Uferbht blades went into special sheaths that tied to her right thigh, something she wore even when wearing her training clothes of spandex pants and tank top.  Her long, black hair was tied back with tendrils framing her pixie like face when she turned again, seeing his hatchet imbedded into the dummy.  She walked to it, grabbed the handle and tried to pull it free for him, tugging and pulling but she could not pull it loose.  Stepping back, she tilted her head to one side, as if assessing the situation and how best to go about it when she approached it again this time stepping under it. She placed both hands underneath the handle, gripping it tightly before pushing up trying to dislodge it that way.  Again, it didn't budge.

She turned then, startled to see that Dietrich had approached her from behind, her hand automatically going to one of the blades at her thigh, her hand gripping the handle before she relaxed.  Her eyes were now a brown with a bluish hue from her concentration to remove the hatchet.

"Ye threw it....ye can remove it", she said with a chuckle.  When he easily pulled it free she couldn't stop the grin or the smart remark, "Aye.....I loosened it for ye."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 4:46 pm

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Dietrich_zps57091a19
He shrugged his shoulders when she said no one was really sure how her eyes shifted as they did, he watched her dab herself down and the different rainbow effect of different colors he smiled at the handshake and the odd sensation of looking down on her as he shook his head. "Joten?" Smiling as he mentioned the Norse Ice Giants name as he chuckled.

He watched for the longest time it seemed as she tried to remove the hatchet the throwing axe was embed deep even he was slightly happier with the result with its lack of accuracy compared to her pinpoint knives. He scratched his head as she tried her hardest to dislodge it he wondered if it was truly stuck as the target wasn't intended for such a thing he guess, he noted how her hand went to the knife at her thigh he hadn't made a sound following her and someone so large it was odd what made it worse was his boots as he stepped forward the obvious thump of his frame as he shifted his weight.

It came free easily as he tilted it examining the blade as he smiled at the fact she loosened it. "Aye wouldn't have gotten it out without ye." Winking as he chuckled as he shook his head a little. "Nuns?" Finally remembering the point he had never imagined her as the Nunnery type but then again the mention of being locked away made sense from a 'Human' perspective.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 The_li10Lilly looked up at him, "Aye....nuns. After me mum and da were killed when I was only six, someone took me from the hospital and dumped me at the orphanage. The nuns, for the most part, kept me locked away....me eyes made them uncomfortable. They didn'a like them. Called me a demon at times an' I was given the stick more than the other children. They said it was tae' beat the demon out of me", she said with a sarcastic chuckle. "It didnae' work".

She wondered at why she found Dietrich so easy to talk to. Perhaps because he was the odd one, like she was. She began cleaning up the training area, wiping up her sweat from the mats, making sure everything was the way it was when she'd entered. Once she finished, she looked up at Dietrich, tilting her head back to look into his face, "Ye are a big mon, aye?", she said with a laugh. "Tis glad I am tha' ye are coming with us. We will need all the help we can get agin' these druids. They both are a nasty lot."

She finished cleaning up, turning to look at him again, smiling at him her odd eyes a beautiful green color now. "I need tae' clean up...shower and dress. I hae' enjoyed out talk, Dietrich....I would not mind speaking with you agin", she said with a smile before turning to leave the training room and head to her own room to clean up.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 1:26 pm

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 EanBanner

Ean listened to Aurora and nodded, “Aye, you need to push yourself, and that is what I do when we train, I push you, and you are a hard worker, and ultimately I agree you aren’t ready…”

She pulled back and looked up at him and he spoke softly, “…none of us are.”

He inhaled deeply and spoke, “I have never been up against anything like these Druids, neither has Lexy or Liz. I can’t speak too much towards the others, Kimiko looks like she has learned a great deal from the school of hard knocks, and that Dietrich, well let’s just say based on the bruise I will have on my shoulder from the flat of his blade I am glad he is gon’ta be fighting on our side of the battle. My point is, you aren’t ready, but neither are a lot of us, and that is all the more reason to not injure ourselves so we can’t even move forward as a team. You have a new weapon that you are unaccustomed to, new abilities that you have only just learned to wield, so you simply need to take a small step back so you can look at the bigger picture instead of focusing so deeply on whether or no you are ready.”

He smiled and kissed her on the forehead, “As for asking me to not worry about you on the battlefield, well you might as well ask me to stop taking in oxygen, that is gon’ta happen regardless. With that said, I will no become distracted, I know you can handle yourself, and besides you will be side by side with Lizzy, it makes the most sense that your bow and her magic work together while Dietrich and I cut a path.”

He smiled and kissed her on the forehead again, holding it a while before withdrawing.

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 KimikoBanner

Kimiko smiled softly to Lilly as she said her last words, and without saying another word, simply nodding respectfully, she walked down to the main floor. She looked around and observed the quiet castle. Inside she kept feeling unsettled, like she was working a puzzle knowing that the last piece was missing, or hidden where she could never finish. She walked to the hall where the group had dined the night before and looked at the place where Lilly had sat across from Sionn, staring at the chair and letting her thoughts linger on the events that had unfolded over the last couple weeks. Her stomach churned and she closed her eyes as she took a long, quiet breath.

“Tea Ms. Kimiko?”

Kimiko spun on her heels, half defensively and looked at the young Scotswoman who was wearing a white apron, “I’m sorry… what?”

“Did you come here because you would like some tea or something?”

Kimiko looked around and then smiled, realizing that it was a perfectly fair question, “You know, I think I would like some tea, can…”

“Green tea with hibiscus and honey, I will fetch it straight away.”

Kimiko withdrew slightly, again the eerie feeling walked through her stomach and she watched the young lass walk to the kitchen. Why did it all seem so perfect, TOO perfect.. The McGhees seemed to know every little nuance of their guests needs, yet Kimiko could not for the life of her see theirs, and usually she could see everything. In less than a minute the young gal returned and held a tray with a steeping pot, a cup and two small shortbreads, “Would you like to sit in the fireside room? It is less chilled than the hall, and more comfortable too.”

Kimiko turned and looked at the room where Annette had taken the ladies the night before and turned with a nod, “Yes, that would be fine.”

She sat, the young lady added some logs to the fire and left with a sweet smile. Kimiko poured herself some tea and stared into the fire over the rim of her cup as her thoughts raced… ‘too fragile, too delicate, you are like the cherry blossom in the fall.’ … her thoughts raced and she closed her eyes as she brushed the words from her mind. Staring into the fire again she clenched her teeth and began to move the pieces around, for it was often that the piece you were looking for isn’t missing at all, it’s right in front of you, just waiting for you to pick it up and slip it into place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 4:12 pm

Dietrich nodded slowly hearing her speak of her abuse at the Orphanage as he nodded solemnly slowly before she was gazing back at him he could see the question look as he gave his best smile just making him look the more odder. "Not that big when it comes to the grand scheme of things." Smiling at the reply but shook his head another person glad to have his presence on the coming storm and he saw the doubt in her eyes and wondered who had placed the seed of distrust? Maybe? He shook his head their was no need to question it they were druid hunting for the balance but it felt odd with the neutral orders coming from someone he had met face to face rather than the 'true' council sealed document asking for your presence now he was doubting?

That was when she was asking for her leave and Dietrich smiled back giving a formal bow when she would be happy to exchange conversation again with him. "A pleasure, Lilly I pray you enjoy you evening." As she left him in the training room where he turned to a solid dummy tapping it with his hand before he let a short jab hit the dummy it groaned in protest at the impact as he side stepped to avoid its back swing. "Maybe I should have continued minding in my jurisdiction." Smiling at the word maybe some small group of believing cultists were sacrificing in Norway.... then it made him frown thinking what measures the druids might take against such a large group... Non-Race brainwashed people might get involved and looking at the group he worried they didn't have the guts to stop a 'Innocent' citizen.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 4:28 pm

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 AuroraBannerAurora smiled as she laid her head back onto his chest after the lingering kiss to her forehead.

"You are right, none of us are ready.  After what I saw after the ceremony.....I would be foolish to not be afraid and I am afraid, Ean.  I am afraid that I will lose you."  At the mention of the ceremony, she realized that she'd not seen Erebus at all.  "Ean?", she said, her head still resting on his chest, "Where is Erebus?  I haven't seen him."  

She then looked up at him, her brown eyes filled with worry over her friend.

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 The_li10

Lilly was a little disappointed.  Sionn hadn't shown up at the training room and she'd not seen him since he'd left her room.  She put her things away then went to the bathing room next to her room and took a quick shower, redressed in her favorite skirt and blouse that were hanging up in the wardrobe, stopping when she remembered Kimiko's words.  She was right.  They're every need was seen to even their favorite things.  Like her gypsy skirts and blouses.  How would Annette know that the skirts and blouses were her favorite when she'd not seen the woman for years.  Something was off.  But what.  Now she didn't want to wear the clothing.....and she quickly took it off, moving to where the new clothing was laying on the bed.  She got out a pair of black skinny jeans, a turquoise colored tank top, black socks and low heeled black boots.  She brushed out her long, black hair then tied the sides back so that the rest of it hung down to the middle of her back.  Next, she buckled on the two sheaths with the blades Sionn had made for her to her right thigh.  Putting on her lightweight coat that was now protected with Kimiko's spell, she left her room and headed out to look for Kimiko, finding her in the fireside room, sipping tea.  

"Kimiko....I hae' thought deeply about what ye said about things being off here.  I want tae' speak tae Dietrich about it an' maybe Sionn as well.  This be his mum and da we be talking about", she said in a whisper, sitting closet to Kimiko.  "I felt it too when I pulled out a skirt and blouse from me wardrobe.  There be no way tha' Mrs. McGhee would know about me favorite clothing being gypsy skirts an' blouses.  I hae' not seen her for years.  But, I doona want tae' talk to either one of them without asking ye first as ye trusted me with yer words."

She waited, watching Kimiko sipping her tea in her calm manner, knowing that she would have to be patient for the answer as Kimiko thought through what Lilly had mentioned.  While she waited, her thoughts trailed to Dietrich and their brief encounter.  There was more to him than meets the eye, she thought.  He was kinder than he let on and she couldn't stop a small smile at that thought.  The big Norseman had a heart.  Then her thoughts trailed to Sionn and she sighed.  While she'd showered, wondering where he'd been she had come to the conclusion that she was not going to worry about him anymore.  He'd never said he didn't want a relationship with her, just that he didn't want to hurt her.  Well, that was fine then.  He still had her as a friend and if he wanted more he knew where she was.  But, if someone else came along, she wasn't going to wait for Sionn, she'd decided while showering.   And, she didn't want to risk being another 'notch' on his belt either.  Sighing, she raised her gaze to Kimiko, "Well?  What do ye think?"
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 10:33 am

Ean rubbed Aurora's shoulders gently as he looked down into her dark eyes, "Erebus is fine, I have been talking to him occasionally. Given the history between his house and theirs," he was clearly referring to the McGhee's, "He felt it would be best to not show up at their home. He is planning to meet up with us in the United States when the atmosphere will be less volatile."

He leaned forward and kissed her and then whispered, "I worry about him a wee bit as well, his voice is shaky and he worries about confronting his own family. Druids are not known to take kindly to deserters, we will have to keep an extra measure of care to insure his safety. He is quite capable of protecting himself as you know, but let's keep an eye on him."

Kimiko looked up and smiled softly as Lilly approached. As the young Irish woman sat and talked Kimiko listened with interest and took a moment before answering in almost a whisper, "I find it less odd that they would know so much about us, they are neutrals, their lives revolve around knowing things. Anette is the Stormborn Council Seat, Erich is the Lorekeeper, these titles and positions lend themselves to knowing what others don't know. It is more..."

She exhaled softly and blew the steam coming off her tea, it sparkled like tiny fireflies and moved around the room. As pin dot sized lights bounced off the walls they began to extinguish very slowly and Kimiko looked at Lilly, "...detect darkness spell. Notice who the lights extinguished so slowly? They should remain illuminated until I tell them otherwise. This in an of itself is not unusual, as creatures of neutrality we can allows certain measures of light and dark to sway through our lives, so long as we continually keep the scales even in the end. There is something more however... a lace trim on the kimono as my Grandmother used to say."

She looked up at Lilly and half smiled, "Let us both just remain vigilant and quiet about it for now. If there is one thing about those who walk in darkness, they can't remain there for long, sooner or later they reveal themselves, whomever, or whatever is the cause, if we watch, wait, and listen, we will find them out."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 5:45 pm

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 AuroraBannerAurora smiled up at Ean, loving him even more for his acceptance of Erebus.  He was one in a million and he was hers....she wondered if he knew how happy he made her by just being Ean.

"Ean...I know that Erebus is in love with me I care for him a great deal as a good friend.  This must be hard for him to know that he is turning on his own family and to see just how evil they are.   I worry about him too.  I worry about what it will do him mentally and emotionally to possibly be the one to kill his own brother and niece.  I want to thank you for accepting him......for giving him a chance."

She gave him another smile filled with love for him, "On another subject", she said with a sparkle in her dark eyes, "I can't wait until I am Mrs. Ean MacGregor.  A year and a day almost seems too long."  With that said she pulled him to her for a deep kiss, then laid her head back onto his chest.  "I love it here with you.....just me and you.  I know that any opportunities of privacy for us will be few and far between and I for one am in no hurry to leave our spot just yet."

Lilly listened to Kimiko and nodded her head to the beautiful Japanese woman, knowing that Kimiko was so much wiser than she was and she had great respect for her as well.  She watched the orbs, listening to her explain about them and wondered at what it all meant.

"I be keeping this to meself then, Kimiko.  Thank ye for trusting me.  Ye hae' earned my respect and not many do that", she said with a smile.  "I think I am going tae' explore the castle some more afore I go back tae' practice some more."  She stood then turned to Kimiko, "Kimiko?  The protection spell ye put on me coat?  Can ye do tha' with the rest of wha' will be delivered once they are made?"  She smiled at Kimiko's nod, leaning down to Kimiko's sitting form and gave her a shy hug, not used to initiating hugs or touching for that matter.

After, she left and wandered the castle halls.  After awhile, she spotted the large form of Dietrich and smiled, walking up behind him.  She noticed that her head barely came to the bottom of his shoulder blades and she could easily hide behind him and never be seen.  She chuckled at that, almost running into his back when he stopped at the sound.  

"Hello, Dietrich", she said craning her neck back to look up at him as she grinned.  "Gotten any more hatchets stuck into wooden dummies tha' I need tae' loosen for ye to remove?", she asked her swirling eyes a bluish green color with a sparkle of mischief shining in them.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 6:14 pm

Dietrich had been walking slowly through the halls mostly lost and not wanting to ask for directions with his hands stuff in the long coats pockets his stride swaying his whole form as the axe for once was feeling a little heavy he put it down to rapid recovery from Japan but then he stopped his ears catching the faintest of sounds and he turned slowly hearing the small pixie issue her greeting. Ah no it wasn't a mystical flying creature it was Lilly a glimmer of a smile as he wondered was it disappointment at not seeing a Scottish fairy. "Oh, not yet though I would be in dire straights without your forthcoming assistance." Chuckling a little harder than he meant as he shook his head.

"What of you? You look ready to raid something for booty... and loot." As He took note of the mischievous look in her eyes it had him wary then again something to lighten the mood would certainly take ones mind off maddening thoughts of what was to come and he was thankful for the distraction she had given him simply with a joke already. It began to dawn on him though he knew nothing of the people he was to fight beside apart from snippets of caught conversation like an investigator rather than a 'party' member.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 10:59 pm

The evening had been quiet before everyone retired early. Annette and Erich were fairly quiet through dinner, pleasant and warm, but the concern on their faces as parents, their oldest son about to leave for the Americas, their daughter called by the Stormborn Council about to leave to an undisclosed location was clearly affecting them. Morning came too soon but it did come, and as those in residence in the castle began to awaken and move, a low buzz was in the air.

Kimiko had risen earlier than most and went to watch a rare sunrise in the Highlands. Her thoughts wandered slightly as she held her spell book in her left hand. She thought of her brother, they had always undertaken these sorts of adventures together, but he was no longer with her. She thought of Lilly and the conversation they had shared yesterday. The young Irish woman intrigued her and she looked forward to working side by side with such a promising young warrior. She thought of Kain and his human companion. Her thoughts were still unsettled as to what Kain would decide, and though she was cautious to be optimistic, she certainly hoped that one such as himself would continue on this path with them. She thought of the McGhee family, a slight gnawing in her thoughts as she kept trying to unscramble the mysteries that laid within the walls of the castle. Finally she thought of Dietrich, the mysterious Norseman, infected with Rot in his marrow, and she could not help but crack the slightest of smiles. Of all of them, he intrigued her the most. It was not infatuation, it was not attraction, it was a mixture of respect and interest. She could not help but think however, that he was holding all of them at arms length, or were THEY holding HIM at arms length. She had attempted to reach out, and had left the conversation thinking they had made a connection, but she resolved that she would try again. There was no doubt having one of his skill and strength along would only make them stronger.

She heard a sound behind her and turned to look, Sionn McGhee smiled as he stepped up beside her.

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 SionnBanner

"Good morning Kimiko," Sionn's face was pale and sullen with what he was hiding. She was certain that it was most likely a very emotional evening for he and his family. She had seen the way his parents kept looking at him and his sister, she had noted their gentle whispers of affection to him, and he could see he was putting on a brave face while masking deep emotions.

"And a good morning to you as well Sionn McGhee. A lovely sunrise isn't it?"

He looked out at the horizon with open, green eyes and nodded, "Aye, it is no often we see such brilliance in the morning. One can only speculate as to what it means."

Kimiko furrowed her brows in curiosity and turned to him, "Why must it mean anything?"

Sionn turned and looked at her, a thin smile on his lips, "Well, you always seem to be looking for the deeper meaning in things."

Kimiko looked at him plainly and spoke, "Not always Sionn, more often I would say I am simply looking."

He huffed slightly with a smile and spoke as he looked back towards the rising sun, "Yes... well perhaps I am presuming."

She tilted her head slightly as she watched him and then looked back at the sun, "It is natural for those of our persuasion to question what we see."

They remained silent as the sun peeked higher into the skyline.

Ean opened his eyes and rolled over, his eyes went wide as he saw Aurora beside him. He blinked and looked around the room, and the memory of laying beside her in her bed to talk came flooding back. He had not intended to stay in her room, but here he was, and there was she, and he could not help but smile.

He saw her flinch slightly and then she moved. He rolled into her and reached his arm over her waist, touching her with his open palm in the stomach. He could tell she was still asleep, but she reached up and touched the back of his hand, and he could not help but smile.

After about 20 minutes she moved again and he heard her breathing change. She squeezed his hand and suddenly turned to look at him, her eyes fluttering open. He smiled softly and spoke, "Apparently I fell asleep on your bed... one can only assume what people will think."

He smiled and leaned in, kissing her good morning.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 4:43 pm

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 AuroraBannerAurora felt the hand on her tummy, felt her hand on then hand on her tummy and knew instinctively without opening her eyes that it was Ean.  She smiled at him, love shining in her dark eyes as she rolled over to face him.  She saw that he was fully dressed still, remembering that she'd gone to the bathroom to change into her pajamas which were only a pair of low riding sweats and a tank top.  She also noticed that they were both under the blanket.  

"Personally, Ean, I don't care what the others think", she said with a saucy grin, curling into him.  

They lay there for another twenty minutes or so just holding each other, her sighing every now every now and then to his hands rubbing up and down her back.  She felt so tiny curled into his large body yet so very safe and loved.  "I could stay here forever, Ean.  Right here in your arms", she said with a wishful sigh.  "But, we need to prepare to leave today and I need a shower before I finish packing my things."

She looked up at him, kissing him softly at first and then a little deeper before breaking the kiss, laying there just staring into his beautiful eyes.

Lilly had walked with Dietrich the night before through the halls of the castle, remembering the times when she was young and had visited with her ma and da.  She told Dietrich about the mischief she remembered getting into, how she would always take Sionn on a merry chase through the halls after stealing something of his.  She laughed talking to the big Norseman, her odd eyes swirling in blues and greens in her happiness.  It was late before she finally retired to her room, Dietrich walking her there and saying their good nights.

The next morning, she rose early.  She showered, dressed only this time instead of her gypsy skirts and blouses she was wearing her black jeans, black and dark red tank top with one of her vests over that.  She'd finished packing, hoping the other blades and clothing arrived in California before the fray started with Arawela and her father.  

She briefly thought of Sionn but then pushed him back.  Regardless of what Kimiko told her she knew she wasn't in his league.....she just wasn't enough for him period.  That was when her thoughts trailed to Dietrich and she chuckled.  They'd had fun last night, just walking through the halls as she told her stories of when she was very young and the trouble she always seemed to find.  She also told him about her time spent in the orphanage, how she'd been locked away most of the time because of her eyes and when she was not locked up she was usually the one on the receiving end of the rods.  

She donned her coat with the sheaths and ten knew knives hidden within and strapped on the two blades Sionn had gifted to her, again her thoughts straying to the handsome fara.  She sighed, looking at herself in the mirror.  She wasn't pretty, not to her anyway.  Her skin was too white, her hair too black and her eyes too strange.  She had a small nose and a pouty bottom lip.  On top of that she was tiny.  Sighing she smiled at her reflection.  It didn't matter.....she was who she was and that's all there was to it.  She wasn't going to change.  She turned then, seeing her single packed bag knowing that a maid would come collect it and take it down to the waiting car.  She then left her room and decided to go check on her new friend, making her way to Dietrich's door where knocked to see if he was still there or it he'd gone downstairs yet.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 8:46 pm

Dietrich felt the warmth start at his toes as the nights chill left him the sun shining through the window onto him still sat in the chair facing the door as he pulled the heavy axe out the crook of his arm as he blinked at the sunlight groaning a little when he heard the knock. He barely had time to stand as the knock cause the door to slowly swing inwards as it hadn't been closed right and tapped a bottle sitting behind it an unlabeled whiskey bottle. She took the room in with her quick gaze seeing Dietrich by the chair she summed up he had been sleeping in it and the disheveled bed spoke he had at least touched the sheets but the state the bed was in spoke of a nightmare.

"Bad nights sleep." Seeing her eyes linger on the torn sheets and thrown pillow as he moved to the bathroom to clean his face off having showered before collapsing the night before as he came back in his hair combed out and slid into a ponytail now instead of thick braids as he looked to the one object he had asked a servant to find... an old cello case the instrument was still in it but the extra section on the back was for his axe as he slid it in place and picked up the instrument not saying a word as he moved to her still waiting at the door with a curious look.

"Not very many excuses I can use to be carrying an Ancient relic of a battle axe at least if a knifes spotted it can be put to self defense rather than a weapon." Smiling as they moved down the halls side by side as he smiled thinking on last nights conversation of her past it seemed so long ago when he had been a child his only additions to their conversation she knew he had sisters but no brothers though when he spoke of them it sounded like he had numerous.

"Big day today did you pack everything you needed." As she looked across she saw he had been in the business long enough that all he needed was on his harness or in that cello case apart from sustenance from food and water though she cringed thinking he didn't have a spare set of clothes... another silence as they got closer to the hall. "What magic can you use?" A general interest as first impression he had seen her blade work and then her training yesterday she was as agile as he was strong but basic attributes did not see one through against druids... you had to have an ace card as his mentors had drilled him with.
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 The_li10Lilly walked with Dietrich down the hall, wondering why she felt a connection with the big Norseman. Perhaps it was the fact that they were used to be alone....either way she enjoyed his company.

"Nay....I doona do magick, Dietrich. Unless ye consider me ability with me blades magick", she said with a chuckle. "Momma and Da always told me tha' it was me gift....me ability with me blades. I hae' always be able to do wha' I do with them. But I doona do magick", she smiled at him, already knowing that he wasn't comfortable with magick but not knowing why. "Me bag is packed...all I hae' is one. I doona own much. Doona need much", she said with another chuckle.

She walked with him down to the kitchen where she went ahead and took the liberty of fixing them something to eat for breakfast. She set the small table in the kitchen area wondering where everyone else was not having seen Kimiko as of yet. She'd fixed eggs, sausages and potatoes, fixing him a large plate as he was a large man then fixing herself a smaller portion, sitting down with him.

"Has anyone said anything to you on when we are leaving today?"
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 11:28 pm

Ean could not help but smile, and he melted into her as she kissed him. Finally the time came for them to separate and though he was reluctant, and somewhat sad to do so, he took his leave and went to his room. It didn't take long for him to pack, he had brought little and unpacked even less. After he was done he made his way downstairs, ate and then went to one of the sitting rooms. He had only been there a minute when Elizabeth walked in, carrying a cup of tea and her spell book tucked under her arm. She smiled warmly at her older brother, kissed him on top of the head and sat down across from him.

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 ElizabethBanner

She didn't say anything at first, she only looked at him. His face reflected both his happiness to see her and the weight of the situation on his shoulders. With sympathy she smiled and spoke softly, "You doing alright brother?"

Ean looked at her and nodded his head, "Aye."

She smiled, knowingly, and spoke softly once again, "You were always a terrible lier, it does no suit ya."

He huffed as he smiled and nodded his head, then looked at the floor as he spoke, "Aye."

She reached over and touched him on the knee. He looked up and she spoke through a sisterly smile, "Brother... we are with you, no matter what, to the end."

He looked up and spoke through a shaky voice, "What of Aurora?"

She smiled and spoke, "What of her?"

"I can no let anything..."

She squeezed his knee with more strength than she should have had, "Hey! You don't worry about her! She is strong, and able. We will all be there, all of us as one, as we always have been!"

He smiled and nodded, "Aye but I can no help but worry."

She smiled, this time lovingly and spoke, "That's you all over Ean. Lexy and I always knew you would make a good husband, so protective and caring. You can trust her ability, when the time is right, she will bloom like a thistle, beautiful to the eyes, deadly to the touch."

He laughed and nodded, "Aye, I expect she will be."

He reached up and squeezed her hand and she exhaled softly as she smiled. Leaning back she tapped the spine of her spell book, sipped her tea and spoke, "Are you ready to go?"

He nodded, "Aye, did'na unpack much to begin with."

She smiled and nodded, "Aye, Lexy and I neither."

With a smile he spoke, "I have been told we leave after lunch. I will see you then, I need to get some fresh air before we go, it might be a while before we see Scotland again."

She stood and hugged him, watching him until he left the room. With a small sigh she flipped open her well loved book and sat down, looking over the ancient writings, gently rubbing the wind stone that was lovingly inlaid into a leather bracer on her right arm.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 1:24 pm

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 ArawelaBanner

A delicate finger traced the inlaid gold along the rim of the Black Horn. Arawela stared at the powerful artifact lovingly as she salivated with the raw power that lay within it. Resting her chin on top of her hand which was flat palm on the table top, the other continued to trace the lines of the object like one would tickle their lover.

A thin, beautiful smile, dangerous with aspiration, appeared on her lips, "Soon my beloved, soon we will show the world so much more than we showed in Japan, and all thanks to you."

She lifted her chin and tilted her head as she gazed at the matte black metal. The horn buzzed with kinetic magic and she felt a chill run down her spine as she licked her lips and lifted her finger from the cool surface.

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 AlgernonBanner

"It is amazing, the anticipation..."

Her fathers gruff voice didn't even startle her as she turned and looked at him, "Yes father, I can not wait to see the results when we activate the magic within it."

He smiled in a way that looked like a lion might to a wounded gazelle, "Nor can I child, nor can I."

He gestured for her to walk with him and they made their way out of the vault and into the hallways of the elegant mansion. As they walked slowly he tucked his hands behind his back and spoke, "I have heard from our source, the group has boarded the aircraft and they are on their way to the U.S."

Arawela looked up at him, his scarred cheek quivered as he passively clenched his jaw under his skin, "And my Uncle?"

He turned and looked at her, his sharp eyes tracing her features, "What of him?"

"Is he on his way as well?"

Algernon looked away and with the slightest of nods communicated a 'yes'.

She inhaled deeply and she spoke, "He is the only one who worries me."

Algernon guffawed and spoke, "He is of little concern."

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 ElizabethBanner

Elizabeth clutched her spell book tightly to her chest as the large jet escaped gravity and soared rapidly into the clouds. Closing her eyes and breathing softly to keep herself calm she felt all the blood leaving her face and refused to open her eyes. The pilot was certainly more at liberty to make faster breaking maneuvers than a commercial airline pilot, and from what she had experienced in the last couple minutes was bent on communicating that to every passenger on the aircraft.

Sionn leaned across and spoke, "Are ya' alright lass."

Elizabeth refused to move except to speak softly, "Aye, I will be fine."

Sionn chuckled softly and spoke, "Arthur is heavy on the stick, but he will get us there safely I assure you. Goodness Elizabeth you are getting paler by the second, would ya like a seltzer or something."

Without opening her eyes Elizabeth spoke, "Unless you want that delicious lunch your Mum had prepared for us all over the fine leather of this airplane I would suggest letting me be until we are done with the adventure ride Sionn."

He could not help but stifle a laugh and turned to look at Ean who was watching him with a smile, "You are a mess Sionn, let her be, you know she hates to fly."

Sionn laughed quietly and nodded, "I assure you we are fine."

Ean leaned up and looked at Elizabeth and then to Sionn, "I don't think she is worried about getting there, I think she is more concerned about getting there with all the contents of her stomach still in tact."

Lexy reached across and slapped Sionn on the arm and as he and Ean turned to look at her she spoke, "Leave her be, both of you whisht!"

She slipped a small blue vial into Elizabeth's hand and and spoke, "Drink this sister."

Elizabeth barely shook her head and Lexy spoke, "Don't argue, it will make you better."

"I don'na want to be sedated, I want my wits about me."

"It is no that kind of drink, now take it."

Elizabeth complied and drank the liquid, almost instantly the color began returning to her face and she breathed easier. She looked at the vial and then to Lexy, "What is this?"

Lexy simply smiled and took the empty vial, "Later, when we are back on the ground."

Elizabeth gave her half smile and thanked Lexy with her facial expression and then rested her head against the seat again, closing her eyes.

Lexy turned to Sionn and spoke with a harshness to her whisper, "Mind yourself, or I'll have at ya! You of everyone here should know better ya donkey."

Sionn eyes flashed for the briefest of moments and he put his hands up in surrender, "I apologize, and to you too Lizzy."

Elizabeth barely nodded her head in response. Sionn looked back at Lexy and spoke in a whisper, "You used to be fun."

Lexy looked at him and spoke with a slightly dangerous tone, "And you used to know when something was appropriate and when it was no."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 2:53 pm

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 AuroraBannerAurora sat next to Ean, trying to remain calm.  She had a hold of his hand, not squeezing it just holding it as they jet began it's descent down the runway.  She heard the conversation between Sionn, Lizzy, Lexy and Ean and didn't want to bring anymore distress to Lizzy but she too was absolutely terrified of flying.....of flying over the ocean.  Beau was laying on the floor next to her feet watching her carefully while Eryn was with Whispy in the back relaxing on their perches.  When the pilot announced that they were now in the air her hand squeezed Ean's as her small body began to tremble.  She'd been too tired when she'd flown over to Scotland after first meeting Sionn and Torri but when she'd flown from her mountains down to New Orleans she'd had to be lightly sedated due to her fear.  She had nothing now except her own mind and Ean's hand which she was now squeezing hard.  She took in deep, relaxing breaths then let them out slowly when they hit an air pocket and the jet bounced, causing her to whimper.

~Rory....it's fine.  You are perfectly safe.  You weren't this bad when we flew over from New Orleans~, Beau whispered to her in her mind.  ~I was too exhausted, Beau....you know that.  Gods, I hate flying.  What if the plane malfunctions and drops into the ocean?  There are sharks in those water, Beau!~  Beau shook his massive, furry head realizing now what the actual problem was.  It wasn't the flying...it was flying over water.  Aurora had an intense fear about water, especially the ocean.  No one really knew why just that she did.  She knew how to swim, that wasn't the problem.  But she knew what lurked in the depths of some of the bodies of water around the world and she wanted nothing to do with them.

~Ean....our girl here is fighting down a panic~, Beau said to Ean mentally with a chuckle.  ~You should have said something before we took off, Rory.  Lexy could have given you something to calm you~, he spoke in a gentle yet scolding tone.

Aurora nodded to Beau, her dark eyes wide and filled with what one could almost see as panic.  She laid her back against the back of her chair closing her eyes as she  remembered to breathe.  ~Just tell me when we're back over dry land, Mr. Sympathy~, she said to him in a dry tone.  

Lilly was sitting more towards the back, away from everyone yet close to Kimiko and Dietrich.  The only time she'd flown had been when they'd left Japan to fly back to Scotland.  The circus she'd lived in didn't go anywhere that a boat couldn't get them to.  The O'Neil brothers refused to fly the animals, not wanting them to become over stressed and besides.....how does one fly five full grown Asian elephants.  So, for the most part, they traveled wherever a boat could take them.  

Unlike Aurora however, Lilly was watching out the window her swirling eyes a rainbow of colors in her excitement as she watched the ground grow smaller until they were above the clouds.  She smiled, picking out different shapes in the fluff.  At one point, she turned to Dietrich and all but pulled him over to the window, pointing at various shapes.

"There!!! Do ye see tha' one?  Looks like a dragon, tha' one does!!  An' tha' one over there!!!  Looks like a horse up on it's hind legs!!!  An' tha' one.....ooohhhh....tha' one looks like a bear!!!"

She cast her swirling eyes to Kimiko, "Do ye want tae' come an' see, Kimiko?  Tis beautiful!!!"

She had noticed that Sionn had yet to speak to her after the past couple of days and a part of her heart ached for it, her eyes losing some of that light as she thought about him.  She closed her eyes for a brief second, determined to not let him get to her.  If he wanted anything from her he knew where she was and that was that.  But as she opened them and looked at Dietrich she smiled.  Not in a flirting kind of smile, just a smile.  She was liking the Norseman more and more even though a part of her heart was still in Sionn's hands.  The light came back into her eyes as they swirled in a rainbow of colors again, turning back out the window to watch the clouds and their funny shapes.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 4:06 pm

Ean could tell without Beau's words that Aurora was not doing well, however he nodded when the spirit animal spoke to him. He gently placed his arm around her shoulder and pulled her in. With the seat arm up she could rest against him and feel his strength.

As the plane began to reach it's altitude and the air became smoother Elizabeth began to calm and come back to life. She opened her eyes finally and looked over at Sionn who was now ignoring everyone and reading a book. She exhaled in exasperation and turned to Lexy, "Thank you for the vial sister."

Lexy smiled and winked. Elizabeth looked at Ean and then to Aurora who was also pale. Turning to Lexy she spoke, "Have you another of those?"

Lexy looked up from an Alchemy book and nodded, "Aye, but ya should really no have more than one a day."

Elizabeth gestured to Aurora and Lexy smiled, "Oh aye... I could no see her through that big door she is leaning on."

Ean glanced sideways and with a soft smile shook his head.

Lexy reached over and handed him a second vial full of the blue liquid, "Give her this."

Ean smiled and looked at her as he took the vial, she was sleeping soundly in his embrace and he tucked the vial in his shirt pocket as he winked at Lexy and Lizzy.

Kimiko could not help but smile at Lilly's excitement. When she offered her seat she shook her head and spoke with a smile, "No thank you little flower, I have seen the oceans many times."

She turned her attention back to other occupants of the aircraft. Sionn especially caught her interest. He had completely receded after Lexy tongue lashed him. She brought her spell book up and began to read, lifting her eyes every few minutes to look again at Sionn.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 4:54 pm

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Eba0k1

Kain pondered what the coming days might bring now that he was on his way back home and soon after would be heading into the fray. He had allowed himself to be swept up in the developments, mostly a twig on the current, but he’d have to be resolved before he reached American soil. He can’t show doubt when he asks his father to divulge as much as he needs to know to join the fight with a clear conscience.

“So you’re leaving us.” Carla had been silent on the matter, though clearly quietly brewing on the news that Kain was going to leave them before they reached the west coast. And now that Lilly’s excitement for the clouds had subsided to an extent and a calm had descended upon the cabin she finally spoke up.

The word had quietly gotten around in the morning, by now everyone knew, though no one had talked to him about it until now. Of course Kain didn’t seem all that open to conversation the first half of the day, as he spent most of it solitarily contemplating. But now, in the plane they sat; Kain hidden deep within a seat made for people more in the region of Ean or even Dietrich’s size with Carla next to him. Then there were Lilly, Dietrich and Kimiko nearest, while the McGhee’s and the MacGregor’s had their own little clique.

“Yes.” Kain answered while slowly crawling out of his chair and his thoughts, “I need to do this first.”

“You’re going home.” Carla reiterated what she had heard, though in a way that made it sound like she accused him of hiding behind his mother’s skirt. Of course, for most of them home was exactly the place they left behind, not their destination.
For a moment Kain pondered where Carla’s home was. She sounded east coast, he decided. Boston perhaps.

“It hasn’t been my home for a long time.” Kain said. “And I won’t be there for long.”

“You should be with us.” Carla moped, though Kain couldn’t exactly blame her. Perhaps the others respected his heritage or just didn’t care too much, but clearly Carla had any reverence for any of the races and he was probably the closest thing she had to a friend. But Kain wasn’t too worried about her landing on her feet, she was growing into the group as it was.

Before Kain responded he leaned forward and looked around, his gaze passing Lilly, Kimiko and Dietrich before returning to Carla.
“Sadly my family’s history has a habit of complicating matters and I want to be at your back without any of it dragging me down. We’re going to have to be one hundred percent focused on the task ahead in order to get through this. Unfortunately I don’t see any other way of achieving this in my case. Perhaps you think it’s selfish, but it is in everybody’s interest that every one of us is not burdened by things beyond stopping these druids before more death and destruction follows in their wake. Once we face them, we must be united with single-minded purpose.”

Clearly he had some time to think about the matter.
Well, that and it was more or less what Kimiko’s said to him, but sometimes he enjoyed sounding wise as well.

“Besides, we don’t know where the druids are yet, exactly. I’d be surprised if you found them before I managed to rejoin with you. Though if you did…” Kain pondered for a moment, “I’d be careful, if they allow themselves to be found so easily something must be up.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 10:32 am

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 AlgernonBanner

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 ArawelaBanner

Algernon walked in a circle around his daughter. Her body was shivering from exhaustion and she coughed as the vomit finished evacuating everything in her stomach.

"Do you think this is acceptable? Do you think I handed over the power of this house idly?"

Arawela did her best to get to her hands and knees, her body shaking with the fatigue her magic had brought upon her. Algernon picked up the Black Horn and shook his head as he looked down at Arawela, "Don't make me out to be a fool Arawela, you assured me that you could handle this task. I took care of everything on my end of the plan, and now that the time is upon us I am beginning to doubt. Too much has gone into this, I gave you the exercises and the strength."

He turned to walk away and through a shaky whisper Arawela spoke, "Father."

He stopped, his heavy boots turning gently on the heels as he looked back at her. Looking up at him, her hair soaked in sweat, she stared into his eyes, "I can do it, this is part of the attunement. It is not weakness, it is part of the process."

He furrowed his brow and spoke, "Do you take me a fool that I have never seen over exertion symptoms in a Druid before?"

She furrowed her brow equally as deep in anger at him, and it was little more than her defiance that got her to her feet. She walked over to the wall of the round room and grabbed the pages that contained the information about the Black Horn that had been stolen from the McGhees Manor. Walking over she shoved them into her fathers chest as her eyes flashed in anger, "Here you ignorant wretch, for all the knowledge you stole you sure didn't take the time to understand what the words meant, or perhaps you didn't even bother to read it!"

His hand came up as if to strike her but instead he clutched the papers and practically threw the Black Horn at her. She took it aggressively and clutched it to her chest as he opened the papers and began to read. After a moment he handed the papers back to her and turned without saying a word. Arawela knew better than to add anything further to the discussion, he had been proven wrong. She knew that by his silence, had he chosen to argue further he would have done so.

The two of them walked out of the training room and he turned to look at her again, "You have confidence in our source?"

She looked at him, the exhaustion on her face was overtaken by an almost shy smile, "Yes, I am certain beyond a shadow of a doubt that we can trust any and all information we receive."

He nodded without another word and as they reached the vault he waited as she placed the Black Horn on its stand. As she walked out of the room and past him he spoke, "After you are cleaned up let's have dinner and take the rest of the evening off, tomorrow morning we will go over the plan. Once you have your strength back we will try the exercise again."

She looked up at him and nodded, "As you wish father, and I assure you that in 24 hours my body will be acclimated to the effects of the horn."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 11:11 am

Kimiko did her best to keep from ease dropping on Kain and Carla, but she had picked up by the expressions on Carla's face, and Kain's as well, that the young girl was not excited about being away from the one person she knew better than the rest.

She closed her spell book and took her attention off of observing Sionn. She turned to Carla and Kain and spoke, "I have tried to keep my ears out of your conversation, however I have picked up over the last couple days that this situation must be very tense for you Carla."

She watched the young humans facial expression and body language as she continued, "I know that of which you have been equipped, and Master McGhee assures me that you know how to handle them. It is natural however to feel nerves and be unsure when walking into new waters, which you certainly are, however let me say that you are on equal footing with the rest of us, none of us have seen anything of this magnitude. I do wish that you and I could have meet under better circumstances, however this is how we have been bonded, one to another, and I want you to know that I will assist you in any way that I can."

She turned to Kain and spoke, "Master Punkie, your journey, though I fret to not have you with us, must be necessary for you to make it such a priority. Your thoughts are your own, I have in fact not attempted to observe or to intrude on your intentions and motivations. The life of a Punkie is not for those of the other races, you are select and rare among us, the weighter burdens each generation carries can be nothing short of complex."

Kain would pick up on what she said, that a Grey was choosing to ignore her basic instinct of observing, descrambling, analyzing and contemplating every thing that every one around them was doing, was a tremendous show of respect. That she had willingly avoided trying to figure him out was a sign of trust. She turned to Carla, "If it makes you comfortable, I would be more than willing to get to know you, so that you have a second friend in our group, and I will be a partner in waiting for our friend to return."

She turned to Kain and smiled, hoping that what she was attempting to do was getting through to him.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 6:04 pm

He had been reading one of the two books he kept on him constantly when she pulled his attention to the clouds as he had been listening in on the conversations idly wondering if it would have been better to sleep as he looked out scanning each cloud but his gaze returned to the dragon as he gave almost a sigh and she caught a change in his manner as his hand clasped slowly into a fist. "Yes indeed it does look like them." Smiling as she quizzically gazed at him with her multicolored spectrum as he chuckled to distract her from asking about the reaction to the 'dragon' shaped cloud. "Look a duck." Pointing to a different formation she whipped round scanning quickly as he smiled lifting his book as he thumbed the page across. He listened to the conversation between Kimiko and Kain smiling the Punkie had to settle his identity for this war and Dietrich respected the man for stepping down not to risk them.
Back to top Go down
Kutsu Shita
Awesome
Awesome
Kutsu Shita

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 10:47 am

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 LQUnhE

Carla didn’t think Kimiko cared about any of them one way or another, but perhaps that was just the impression she gave off. Or perhaps the kindness of her chosen words hid her ambiguity? Well, Carla didn’t quite think it through that much, beides she seemed to be fairly straight in her dealings.

“I’d like that.” Carla responded to Kimiko’s offer, “There’s still a lot of things to learn and adjust to.”

“Well, a grey can certainly help you with that, I know that much.” Kain told her from experience.

“Certainly more than you.” She jabbed.

“Why – I had hoped you’d keep those comments for while I am away…” Kain felt, “But it’s not exactly a fair com—“ Kain started a defense, but Carla quickly lost interest.

“Nor are you a proper lady, like Kimiko.” Carla noted, “There’s just so many things where your input wouldn’t be nearly as valuable as hers.” She said and winked mischievously at Kimiko.

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Eba0k1

Kain wanted to rebut, but questioning why it mattered that Kimiko was a lady was exactly the kind of ignorance that would get him chewed out even further. He’d prefer Carla’s bonding attempts didn’t instantly go at his expense, but perhaps this was one of those lady things he’d have a hard time understanding. At least he knew it was playful enough, but that didn’t mean he enjoyed it.

“A lady I am not.” He decided to say to put an end to that argument. “Anyway! Thank you, Kimiko.” Kain said and turned to her. “Not only for kindly helping out Carla and your understanding for my predicament, though certainly chiefly. But it warms my heart at least someone awaits my return.” And then turning to Carla, “I hope it’s that kind of kindness she teaches you first.” He said and grinned while he got a glare in return.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 11:33 am

Kimiko watched the interaction between Kain and Carla, truly she could say no less than she was fascinated at how fate brought them together, and was now sundering them, even if for a time. She was never one to question life's dealings, as a neutral player she had always watched for the tip of the scale, and if she didn't see it and felt compelled, she would tip it back herself. Watching Kain, pondering on his choices, she could not help but wonder if Carla herself was the thing introduced back into HIS life to bring him back into balance. Alternatively it could have been Kain brought to Carla to fold her into this situation, it always seemed that the timing was perfect in such cases, coincidence was nothing more than a human developed word to explain away the unexplainable, but those of the Races knew different.

As Carla responded, 'I'd like that', Kimiko breathed easier. The exchanges, sarcastic jabs, quips and prodding that followed between she and Kain had her focusing on Carla. Like many Punkie's, Kain was serious and stout in his thinking. They took less to joviality and more to contemplation and well chosen words, but of course she was generalizing them in her mind right now. Kain was an exception to this notion she held, one brought about with very few interactions with those of the most ancient race. Would Carla poke and jab at him if she knew the history of the little folk? Would she be so inclined to press him so fervently with her words? Kimiko watched Carla's face as she rolled these thoughts through her mind and a small smile pressed over her lips, most likely she would, if the human spirit was nothing else, it was indomitable. That was one characteristic humanity shared that could never be argued away.

When Carla referred to Kimiko as a "proper lady", Kimiko could only smile and respond, "It is more a matter of upbringing than nature Carla, I assure you." Kimiko left the rest to settle in her own mind. Hardly a lady when it came to matters of the world. Perhaps soon enough the whole lot of them would see that the proper posture, quiet mannerisms, unwrinkled clothing and eloquent words receded like the tide when confrontation on a field of conflict arose, if it was one thing her mother taught her it was manners, if it was one thing her father taught her it was to win at all cost.

Kimiko smiled at Kain and spoke, "I assure you that I will guide her to the best of my ability, and Carla," she turned to the young woman, "Know that you can ask of me whatever you wish, as I have stated to you in the last few days, we were raised in this knowledge, it was thrust upon you. I have to say, I have never in my days seen a human take the knowledge with such steadfastness. Many continue to deny once they know, even worse they seek to gain this power for themselves. You however, there is something unique... and special about the way you have responded, almost like you were meant to be part of all this."
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 2:17 pm

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 AuroraBannerAs soon as Ean brought her into his strong embrace, Aurora felt safer and more calm, quickly drifting off to sleep.  She remained that way so long as she was in his arms but any time he moved she would make small sounds of distress, curling further into him.  After quite some time though, she slowly woke, her dark eyes heavy with sleep and more than a little seductive although she didn't realize it as she looked up at Ean.

"Have we landed yet?  Are we back on the ground?"

At the shake of his head, her eyes widened and the panic began to set it again. So, she did what had worked before and curled herself as tight as she could into Ean's side, burying her face into his chest, her small body spasming with small tremors.  She closed her eyes tightly, clinging to Ean, feeling his strong arms around her again, the only thing seemingly able to calm her.

Lilly stuck her tongue out at Dietrich after his exclamation of seeing a duck in the clouds, clearly trying to get her attention off of him.  She was like an excited child now, up in the air, her eyes alight with a myraid of colors, showing her excitement.  She left her seat and plopped down next to Dietrich, peering over at the book he was reading, noticing Sionn close by with his eyes closed.  She mentally shrugged her shoulders at him turning her attention back to the Norseman.

"Why did ye make a fist at the dragon, Dietrich?  Tis a majestic creature and a bonny cloud, do'an ye think?"

She cocked her to one side, sitting on her knees in the seat next to him, watching him with her beautiful, swirling eyes, waiting for his answer.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 3:31 pm

It had been several hours before Aurora woke again. When she did Ean held her tightly, sensing the discomfort she was feeling. He kissed her on the head and whispered into her ear, "It is alright lass, this is a solid aircraft, and the pilot is good."

He stroked her arm gently and could feel her breathing heavier into his chest. Suddenly he remembered the vial Lexy had given him and removed it from his shirt pocket, "Her love, drink this, Lexy gave some to Lizzy and it did wonders."

He handed her the vial, her palm was clammy and cold but he looked at her and assured with his gaze that it would help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery   Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ch 9 - Acts of Bravery
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: MIDGARD - Earth bound stories :: Ever...-
Jump to: