Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

16: For Solamnia

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 6:25 pm

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 NolBanner

Nol grabbed her as she asked about HIS wounds, he could only laugh as he grabbed her and brought her head into his chest. She asked what happened and Nol cradled her gently as he spoke, “I was over the area, Myth told me that you were being sent there this morning so I made sure I was in the area just in case. Lady Rose sent you on a suicide mission, of that I was certain. I was a loft and keeping an eye on things but was doing my best to not be involved, I was told not to get involved when I mentioned all of this to the High Born last night.”

He paused a moment, she would see it in his face, he had disobeyed a direct order to over the area when he knew she would be there. He cleared his throat softly and spoke, “When I saw you get hit I knew it was your death if I did not get involved. I am shocked you lived as long as you did to be honest, it happened so fast and I waited too long, but as I watched you running to the area to be transported, I hoped you would make it, that I could remain in flight and not come down. They would have raped and murdered you, I had to stop them, I couldn’t let that be your last memory.”

She asked about the others and he spoke, “They made it, all three of them. They had injuries but I don’t believe it was anything life threatening. If anything Ceridwyn would have spent her life to save the three of you, but she still looked plenty healthy to me when she cast the spell.” He smiled and shook his head softly in amazement that she was alive again, seeing the color return to her cheeks. He looked over at Raju as she gently cleared her throat, she was still kneeling and watching them patiently. Her voice was gentle and wholesome when she finally spoke, almost refreshing to the ear, as if the world was a great thirst at her words would quench it, “It is good that Mishikal has healed you Lady Kellan. You obviously have not yet fulfilled your purpose on Krynn, do not allow the gift of this new life to go wasted.”

She pointed and her smile never broke, “May I please get my medallion back?” Kellan looked down and saw that the platinum symbol of her goddess was tucked in the fold where her belly met her waist and she reached down taking it in her hands. The medallion was metal but was as warm as if it had just been sitting in the sun, almost uncomfortable to the touch. As she handed it back to Raju the Priestess took it lovingly and placed it back around her neck, “I am Raju Silentclaw, Priestess of Mishikal, it is a pleasure to finally meet the one whom my cousin speaks about so fondly.”

Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:09 pm

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 LadyKellan

As she listened to him relay his side of things, she saw the look in his eyes when he admitted he disobeyed a direct order. She glanced at the woman then back to Nol and put her hand on his chest.

”Oh Nol….what have you done? You shouldn’t have risked anything for me. Especially since I was the one that suggested to Commander Fairwind the activity needed to be investigated and that I should be the one to lead the mission.”

Even though she said the words, deep down she was very glad he had but her sense of duty told her he would have consequences for his disobedience to his Superior. She saw the look in his eye when she told him she was the one that had even suggested the mission and knew she had been very foolish to even think of suggesting it now. Hind sight was always much clearer. When she heard the others had indeed made it out, she felt tars sting her eyes and she blinked rapidly to force them away.

”Oh thank the Gods.”

When the other lady spoke up, Kellan glanced down at the medallion and handed it back to her. When she revealed she was Nol’s cousin. She looked from one to the other then blinked.

”His…cousin? Oh…OH…so….you are dragon kind as well? And….it is my pleasure to meet you, Raju. I owe you my gratitude for the rest of my days. If not for your devotion to your Goddess, I fear I would not be having this conversation right now.”

Kellan looked down at her clothes and wrinkled her nose then looked back up at Nol and Raju.

”Pardon my forwardness, but would it be possible for me to rid myself of these clothes and get a bath? The smell of blood is rather….nauseating when its this potent.”

She saw some others looking onward and felt her cheeks grow warm as she pulled the gaping hole of her tunic closed.

”Besides, I believe these good citizens would rather not see the likes of this littering their beautiful streets.”

She glanced around not recognizing any of he landscape and buildings. Furrowing her brows, she looked to Nol.

”WHere exactly are we, Nol?”

When he revealed where she was, her brows rose and she glanced around at the gathered crowd then back to him.

”By Paladine. So these…..citizens are…?”

He smiled broadly and nodded.

”Yes, Kellan. Dragons.”

She glanced at them again and felt her cheeks grow even warmer realizing she looked like…well…death. She cleared her throat softly then leaned in closer to Nol and spoke in a whisper not realizing they would still be able to hear her.

”I’m not a very good representative of my Order right now. I believe Commander Rose would be rather upset if she were to find out I met the Dragons of Myst Isle in bloody clothes and a ripped and revealing tunic.”

Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 pm

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 RajuBanner

Nol stood and aided Kellan to her feet. Raju looked at Kellan and smiled as she too stood to her feet and spoke, “By all means Kellan, we can take you up to the housing district, I wouldn’t worry too much about your tunic however, there were none interested in seeing what was underneath it… well, save but one.” Nol’s head turned sharply and he narrowed his eyes at Raju, she winked softly as she jested with him and simply turned, leading the way. Nol turned to look at Kellan who had her eyebrows raised up about as far as he imagined a woman COULD raise her eyebrows. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing more than a sort of a note of embarrassment escaped his lips. His cheeks flushed bright pink and he cleared his throat, offering Kellan his arm.

The crowd was dispersing quickly as the three of them made their way to the magnificent looking building off the main square. It had four spires in each corner that seemed to reach all the way to the heavens. Gold, silver, copper, and bronze, the colors of the four species of metallic dragon shone like brilliant beacons in the sun and they were dazzling to the eye. They began ascending a massive, arching staircase that took them up to an ornate half circle door that looked large enough for an adult dragon to walk through in its natural form, and indeed just as they were coming to the top of the stairs a large, young, golden dragon walked out and went a loft. His wings beat mighty eddy’s into the air around them and Raju and Nol paused a moment so Kellan could watch. She looked back at them, not even realizing she had stopped and the two of them simply smiled at her.

She had an apologetic look on her face and Raju spoke in a quiet tone, “No need to feel any shame Kellan, understandably all this is quite new to you. It’s not often we bring humans here, but somehow most of Nol’s girlfriends seem to find their way. Nol unsheathed his blade as fast as lightning and smacked Raju across the rear with the flat of the blade, resheathing it before she could even get around to face him. She yelped and spun on her heels and the look of anger on her face rapidly melted to humor, “You watch yourself Nol’lore or I will enchant you into a lizard!”

“Yeah, how? Mishikal doesn’t deal in transfiguration.”

She stepped up to him and he places his hands defiantly on his hips as she wagged her finger in his face, “Don’t you worry about the how.”

They stared each other down for a moment and then both burst out laughing as she pushed him in the shoulder and turned, continuing to walk through the huge gate. The sight before Kellan was nothing short of spectacular. For the all the beauty that was Glen Durel, it paled like a shadow to the exquisite beauty that now rose before her. Dragons coming and going darted through the air and landed with gently thuds, most morphing into a humanoid form of some kind as they made their way through the streets. There were no vendors, no one hawking their wares, it was simply a sanction of peace and quiet. At the end of the long valley was a massive castle, simply put it was the most amazing building that Kellan had ever seen. Huge gold dragons stood on the battlements, there must have been dozens of them, all on high alert and keeping vigil of every single dragon that flew into the city. Even from this distance one of them turned his head and looked at Raju, Nol and herself and Kellan got the sense that he was staring directly at her.

They walked about ten minutes and finally came to a large hill on the Eastern side of town. On the hill was a beautiful home, shaped and etched from the finest white marble. Nol gestured for Kellan to follow Raju up the winding pathway to the front door. As the door opened they walked in and Raju turned to Kellan, “I will see to it that a room is made up for you and we will find some clothing to fit you, in the meantime the bathing room is down through that room and to the right, you can’t miss it. It’s really for formality, most of us don’t bath in this form.

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Kali2

Kali heard the news and looked up at Trystan, his face was clearly grieved. He grabbed her and held her tightly, pulling her into himself and began to sob. “First Liam, now Kellan.” Kali held him and felt his shuddering cries and he grieved a moment. He managed to pull himself together and wiped the tears from his eyes with his sleeves. He turned to look at Aeolis and nodded respectfully, “Thank you for being truthful.”

He looked over at Ceridwyn, the surgeon was working on her leg and it looked like he was going to get the wound taken care of but she was deathly pale and unconscious on the bed. Aeolis looked at Kali pleadingly and she nodded, walking over to Ceridwyn. She placed her hand over the Elf mistress’ head and whispered some soft words of magic. She stood a moment, her eyes closed and then her body shook. She snapped to and turned to look at them, her face white, “She is suffering, she is alive, but her mind is tormented, the images of Kellan are present, I saw her getting hit, sliding across the snow, the booted soldiers rapidly descending on her.” She looked up at Aeolis, “She is grieving, it might be a long time before she comes back to consciousness.”

Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:38 am

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Mythban2

Myth sat patiently as Rayann explained the events of her day as they sat in the solitude of their room. His brow furrowed as she explained the need to go to Glen Durel. He had been contemplating heading to Northkeep with Aeolis and Ceridwyn but this had changed things. Myth cleared his throat and smiled softly.

"Well I am not about to let you make that trip all alone mel'amin. Glen Durel is well warded against intruders but as your brother showed us entry is still possible just not easy. I would not be a good husband if I were to let you take this journey alone." He held up a hand knowing she would point out the lack of extra reagents.

"I can get to Glen Durel just fine on my own dearest Rayann." He smiled as he stood from his seat and walked to his pack. Rifling through he pulled out a familiar wooden box and smiled opening it to show her the rose he always used to return home from Silvanost. "I am not fool enough to leave my most treasured keepsake at home even if I am traveling with a party of mages." Closing the box once more Myth set it on the table before seating himself again. There was little more to be said on the matter as they finished their meal and wine before retiring for the evening.

Late into the night Myth lay awake staring at the ceiling of their room in deep thought. The lack of slumber would not impede him in the least. While humans lost themselves in their deep slumber elves entered a meditative state. Myth had adapted his meditation to accommodate his human wife. He spent many an evening just watching his wife and child slumber after he rested. These were the nights he lost himself in thought. Some nights reflecting on the days events and others plotting out the needs of his position in Silvanost. This night he thought long and hard about the expedition to Northkeep.

A force 200 strong tromping around the grounds of the keep looking for any clue they can as to the whereabouts of Fifth and Piramay. It would only be a matter of time before they would march in the direction of the towers, and when they did they would march on Heartlund. It is what he would have done were he still the high commander of the queen's army. Myth lay there just thinking to himself "Of course I would have had enough forethought I would have never wasted his time with searching Northkeep at all. Not unless I intended it to be a distraction so I could..." Myth's brow furrowed as he sat up slowly in the bed looking to the window.

When morning dawned Myth was at his wife's side as they made their way to room to preform the teleportation. He understood the reasons for privacy and he dutifully waited outside for Rayann and Kali to finish sending their friends to Northkeep. Myth had expressed come concern about the mission but all agreed it was still prudent to know what the dark forces were going to do next. Myth's gut told him this was a bad idea for him not to go with them but Rayann emphasized on how taxing it would have been on Ceri. From Ceri and Kali's reaction to the young gentlemen attending them he knew it was futile to argue the matter and resigned himself to accompanying Rayann instead.

When wife and daughter emerged looking completely spent Myth dutifully helped them both to a place that they could rest. Seeing to their needs before anything else he decided to go talk to the commander about some of the worries that plagued his mind.

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Ladyrose2
16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Larissa
Rose spent another night in an elixir induced coma only to be awakened come morning by Larrisa who looked upon the vial the mixture had been in as she cast it to the trash. Food was set fo the lady commander and Larrisa sat in a chair next to the table with arms crossed. "You should talk to one of the mages about these nightmares Lady Rose. The elixir the apothecary is making for you is letting your mind rest but you are still thrashing about in your sleep. You aren't getting the rest that you need."

Rose sat quietly at the edge of her bed groggy but lucid staring at her feet. Larrisa's words were true as her aim with a bow. She felt more tired now than before she went to sleep. She was sitting on her bed still because she was having trouble getting the energy to stand on her own feet. "I'm not entirely sure they can be of use in this matter Larrisa. I am plagued by fears set upon me by my own mind not magic."

Larrisa wrinkled her nose slightly "The towers emanations are strengthening m'lady. Their magic created by the very mages that haunt your dreams. That alone could make you more susceptible to their effects. There is no telling what manner of magics you were exposed to at the battle of Northkeep." Larrisa stood and walked over to her lady and knelt down placing a hand upon her shoulder "Rose I have always tried to be a good friend and well as an assistant. I am going to ask you this as a friend, swallow your pride for once. Talk to Rayann and Kali about what plagues you. At the very least they may be able to devise a better solution than the apothecary has."

Rose continued to stare at the floor before nodding her head slowly. She looked up seeing the concern upon Larrisa's face and wandered how bad she truly looked. Trystan and even the elven prince had both looked at her in a similar manner recently and she sighed heavily. "I... I will talk to them Larrisa." She place her hands upon her knees and forced herself to stand. "If for no other reason than to do it before you do it for me." She managed a smile "Get my gear ready while I wash up... I have a feeling this will be a long day." Larrisa only bowed "As you wish Lady Rose"

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Ladyrose2
16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Mythban2

Rose had missed the send off for Kellan and her companions because of her late start that morning. She found herself staring at the map in the war room when Myth entered. She could tell by the look in his eyes that he had come to talk business and she motioned off the two knights that were looking over the maps with her. "You look like an elf with something on his mind Lord Myth." She reached for her tea.

Myth looked at Rose noting the tired look upon her face. He wondered how much sleep she had been getting these past couple nights. He would wager that the answer was very little. "I had been hoping to try and post pone the expedition but you were unavailable before the party departed this morning. I'm not entirely sure the venture was necessary as we received information about why the army was at the keep searching the ruins." Rose looked up with a raised eyebrow "Do tell..."

Myth turned leaning against the table folding his arms. He relayed the information that Nol had been kind enough to deliver the night before. Rose listened intently taking in every word before she responded "So they were looking for the mages. Why would they not have looked to the towers to begin with? I would have thought it to be the most obvious course of action." Myth nodded his head slightly

"You are correct... why not investigate the most obvious place." Myth looked at Rose fully standing before twisting around placing his hand upon the maps. "The queen is no fool Rose. She knows what Northkeep meant to the knights of solomnia. A force poking around the charred ruins is sure to draw the knights attention." Rose nodded her head "Case in point our little expedition that went out this morning." She quirked an eyebrow when Myth shook his head disapprovingly.

"What would the knights have done had you not had the assistance of Ceridwyn, Kali and Rayann and received news about." Rose sat quietly for several minutes contemplating her answer.

"We would have mobilized a force to investigate and remove the force from the grounds of the keep if it roved prudent." Myth nodded his head "Where would those men have likely come from might I ask?"

Rose was about to answer but the look on her face made her thoughts clear. Myth simply nodded his head in response to the look upon Rose's face. "Heartlund is close enough to the towers that the knights stationed here would be a potential threat to their own assault on the towers. So you set up a diversion to pull all but a token force from the keep leaving the keep virtually defenseless. They come in clean up the keep and the surrounding city and then they can assault the towers worry free."

It was a troubling thought that they continued to discuss until the frantic runner came in announcing the return of the expedition. Myth and Rose looked at each other and were heading for the door at almost the same time. Myth himself veered off to retrieve Rayann while Rose darted down the hall with guards in tow following the messenger. She slowed to a brisk walk as she neared the door. One of her guards moved past opening the door for her.

Almond eyes scanned the tattered party and the first thing she noticed was that Kellan was not there. When the fate of Kellan was revealed she felt the bottom of her stomach fall out and her knees grew weak. She wanted to scream and cry out but forced herself to remain silent. She did her best to remain composed and stepped forward finally resting a hand upon Trystan's shoulder looking to Aeolis. "Yes, thank you for telling us..." She looked at Trystan and he could see the hurt deep in her eyes. She would take full responsibility for this and he could see it in her eyes. She approved this mission and Kellan's loss would be on her shoulders. Her hand dropped away and she looked up seeing Rayann and Myth arrive last. The looks on their faces telling her they were fast coming to an obvious realization. Rose pushed past the couple and exited the room. Her face hidden she wiped away a tear and walked down the hall with guards in tow doing her best to hold her head up.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:35 am

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Anime_10

Saul lay on a hard table, faintly he could hear voices around him, but was unable to distinguish words, they sounded as if they were both underwater and in a massive cavern. Slowly images filled his mind, as if in a dream. He could smell the scents and sounds of the forest. As his minds eye filled, as if through a clouded mist, with the sight of two wooden structures, a wooden foot bridge over a babbling creek.

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Oromes10

His mind eye scanned the surrounding area then fell upon the form of a small boy. The boy was dressed in a royal blue tunic with wide flowing sleeves, black leggings, calf high polished black boots and holding a wooden sword. He held the sword with both gloved hands high above his head, the blade straight as an arrow pointed towards the sky. His knees were bent slightly, feet spread slightly apart, as his gave was transfixed upon a straw and wooden figure before him. The boy looked familiar to Saul’s mind’s eye yet veiled in a soft cloud.

A soft calm, gentle yet firm voice said “Concentrate, my young apprentice ..... focus on your opponent's eyes ..... they will tell you where he plans to strike ..... watch his subtle movements ......but never trust his movements solely they may be but a faint. Stand firm and confident ...... lock his eyes to yours ...... show him your resolve ..... yet keep your eyes cold as death itself.” Slowly the image of an elf dressed in green and silver, stand with a bow and a blue bird on his hand materialized in Saul’s mind.

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Oromis10

“Ommunis” Saul said in a hoarse whisper that could be heard by those close, his speech slurred as if he were talking in his sleep or after too much ale.

The young boy turned to see who had spoken, Saul saw himself as a boy standing before him. Ommunis spoke calmly yet sternly “Saul you have not yet finished the tasks that fate has set before you. Go, and stay your course, there is much before you and many that will require your strength. Many more will suffer if you stray from what has been set before you.”

Saul was about to speak when there was a brilliant orange ball of fire falling from the sky, that exploded on the ground, the creaking of wooden wheels, then the thunderous clatter of shouting voices and clanging steel and a wave of black clad warriors rolled across Saul’s vision. It was then that Saul opened his eyes to stare up at the ceiling of the infirmary. Instantly he tried to jump up, only to be slammed back down with a shearing pain in his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomasgill2000.tripod.com/oradrethcunamotomasaralom
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:18 am

Just before Kellan took Nol's arm, she glanced down at the armor that was damaged and still glistened with blood. She felt a slight shudder course through her body then took a deep breath and looked up at Nol.

"Please have it brought to my room."

He gave her an odd look and she merely shook her head not wishing to discuss it at present with him. In time she would, but not right now. Things were still too....fresh for her. Turning her back on the armor, she let her eyes scan the area around her and to say the least, she was extremely amazed by what she was seeing.

Never in her short life had Kellan ever seen anything quite like this and she knew she had been given a gift by the Gods in more ways than one. It was as though she were dreaming yet she knew very well she was indeed very much awake and alive. Even now she would glance down at her healed side and while she couldn't see the thing entirely, she knew it was flawless skin.

As the Gold Dragon stepped out of the massive door and took flight, Kellan felt the ground around her rumble and her matted, wet hair fly back from her face as she stopped to watch the magnificent beast take flight. She still was a bit frightful of them in their true form, their size alone demanded that much from her, but she knew deep down they were of no threat to her.

When she turned to see Raju and Nol waiting patiently for her, she felt her cheeks grow warm and gave a soft apology. As she heard Raju mention Nol's girlfriends, she glanced up at him and smiled then looked back at Raju.

"Something told me he had quite a way with the women."

She wasn't upset about the mention of any other women in his life. After all, he was many, many years older than she was and with his fascination with humans and elves, she was certain he'd had quite a few over the many years his life has spanned thus far.

As she saw the way Nol and Raju interacted with each other, she felt a lump form in her throat. It was almost like watching herself and Liam jest good naturedly with each other. Even when Raju turned and waggled her finger in Nol's face. AS the two started laughing, Kellan couldn't help but join in.

"Well, at least you two know how to share a laugh with each other. It helps me know you aren't so different from us on the inside."

As they kept moving and Kellan saw the beauty of the place and felt the peace it brought, she knew she had found a sanctuary from all that troubled her heart and mind. A place for healing. Her hand squeezed Nol's arm gently as she looked around and felt the serenity of this magical place wash over her. While she still was not used to the dragons flying overhead, she would cast her eyes skyward and watch their magnificent bodies in flight then cast her eyes to the landscape again. It was truly a wondrous place.

As Kellan looked over the valley and saw the massive castle with the dragons patrolling the battlements, she stopped once again and let her eyes take in the beauty and pride she saw in those tasked to guard the castle and its inhabitants. As the dragon seemed to level its gaze on her, she suddenly felt vulnerable and tore her gaze from it.

For the rest of the walk, Kellan was quiet. Things were really starting to sink into her mind and she was trying to process everything that happened. For all intense purposes, she was dead. At least that was what the others would conclude. And maybe she should let them think that of her. Raju told her she hoped she would not let the gift of this restored life go to waste. There were decisions that needed to be made and she was certain they would be life altering in more ways than one for her and others.

By the time Raju told her to find the bathing room, Kellan nodded and glanced at Nol giving him a small smile. Reluctantly releasing her hold on his arm then his hand, she turned and walked into another elaborately beautiful, white marbled room. She glanced around at the beauty that surrounded her then turned to the right to find the biggest bathing room she'd ever seen. Already she could feel the humidity in the air caused by the warm water that seemed to circulate in the many tubs that were sunk into the floor. Each tub was separated by long, flowing curtains that seemed to flutter slightly in the soft breeze Kellan felt in the room.

Several soft, cotton cloths were draped around and each tub had several different scented soaps one could choose from. As Kellan looked around she wondered if there was no comfort the dragons didn't cater to. Glancing around she noticed there was no other here she stripped out of her clothes letting the bloodied, ripped pieces fall to her feet then removed the hairpin Nol had given her from her hair and laid it beside the tub.

Her body was still covered in blood and dirt from the fight and again she felt a shudder rush through her. She could still remember the hit form the mace and the impact of it against her body. Even now she flinched slightly and she took a deep breath to make her mind to something else.

As she stepped into the warm water and immersed herself in the liquid wheat, the water began to turn pink and Kellan frowned. She was really dirtying the water but then she noticed the water starting to clear on its own. Again she blinked and saw how each time the water grew pink it would clear a few seconds later.

She finally submersed her entire body, head and all, into the water and rinsed the blood and dirt from her. When she surfaced, she decided to get her bathing done and out of the way. She picked up several soaps before finally chose one. It reminded her of the soft fragrance of the summer wildflowers that grew near her home as a child. Closing her eyes she inhaled the scent deeply. Yes....this was her scent.

A little while later, Kellan had practically scrubbed the skin off her body and the hair off her head. She washed herself several times before she was satisfied there as no trace of the blood and dirt on her to see or smell. It amazed her that the water stayed a constant temperature as she now sat back against the wall of the large, sunken tub. Her hand strayed to her side several times and she couldn't feel any indication she had even been hurt let alone died.

Kellan felt her emotions bubbling up like bile and she couldn't stop the tears. The release was cleansing and she was grateful for the privacy she had been given. After a while she stepped out of the bath and dried herself off with one of the many drying cloths around. Blinking, she saw some clothes neatly folded sitting on a marble bench near her tub and glanced around. When had they been delivered? Looking around she noticed the clothes she'd stripped out of were missing.

After dressing in the light brown tunic and dark brown leggings and knee high soft boots, she ran her fingers through her damp hair then took the freshly cleaned hairpin and pulled the hair back from her face securing it in the pin while letting the back of it fall to where it barely touched her shoulders.

Walking out of the bathing room and through the outer room to the entrance of the home, Kellanwalked out the entrance and stopped looking around again. She was still in a state of disbelief she was here but it was slowly fading. As she watched the sky and the dragons flying around she felt a smile tug at her lips.

Today she died.

Today she lives.

Today was a day to begin a new life.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:42 am

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Aeolis

Aeolis nodded to Trystan and Lady Rose.

"The Lady Kellan was one of the bravest people I have ever met. Know she performed her duties as Warrior of the Crown with honor and dignity. Not once did she do anything to bring disgrace to her or the Knights of Solamnia."

He let his gaze look directly at Trystan then knowing there had been some trouble between the man and Kellan and he wanted to know she had not done anything in Glen Durel that could cause him to think of that time and find fault with his dear friend.

Aeolis nodded when Kali told him about Ceri's condition. He had thought as much even before Kali told him. He looked down at Ceri and swallowed hard.

"Those are images I wish we could erase from our minds eye, but you cannot undo what has been done. We will endure as we always have."

He leaned in closer and stroked Ceri's hair as he whispered to her in Elven. His voice trembled slightly as he tried to keep the emotions in control.

"I know, my love. I know. It is better to retreat within ourselves than face the pain of reality. But I beg you to please....come back to me. To us. We all love you and want to see your beautiful eyes flutter open. We will honor our friend and make sure all know her thoughts were never about herself but the others around her. Rest now, beloved. When you awaken we will see each other then."

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 RayannRed

Rayann was surprised when Myth came to get her. She'd just returned from Glen Durel with the much needed supplies of regents to finish enchanting the soldiers blades. Her mind was just drifting into slumber when she heard his urgent call for her. She was instantly awake and siting up in bed. When she heard the news she felt her heart sink to her knees.

"By the Gods...no..."

She got to her feet and with his help, quickly made her way to the infirmary. As they walked in, Rayann gasped at the grief she felt in the room. It was so powerful that she t urned her head to the side and raised her arm as though to protect herself from it. Myth quickly stood between her ad the others until she could put the necessary blocks in place and she nodded as she looked up at him. When he stepped aside, Rose brushed past her and exited the room.

Glancing around, she saw the looks on the others faces and noted Kellan's absence as well. Like a heavy weight that settled on her heart,. Rayann blinked back tears then walked over to Trystan and touched his arm tenderly then turned to Aeolis as he leaned over Ceri.

When he was done, Rayann stroked Ceri's hair then closed her eyes. Like Kali, she felt the grief within her best friend and saw the images that played over and over in Ceri's mind. Rayann flinched and gasped the first time she saw, through Ceri's eyes, the hit to Kellan. Taking a deep breath, she let it out slowly then spoke to Ceri's tormented mind.

~We love you, Ceri. Please don't torture yourself this way. It was not meant for Kellan to come back with you. You did all you could for her. There is more you can do to make sure her death was not in vain. But not if you don't come back to us. Rest, my sister. When you awaken, I'll be waiting there waiting for you. As will your beloved Aeolis.~

Slowly blinking her eyes open, Rayann glanced at the gathered, grief stricken faces then turned to Myth and leaned against him heavily.

This day would be a day none would forget.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Raju walked up to Kellan, softly clearing her throat to get her attention. As Kellan looked her direction she smiled and nodded her head in greeting, “It is good to see you are feeling refreshed, the expression on your face alone says you are more relaxed and comfortable.”

She looked outwards from the massive front porch and stared into the great city of Dragons with Kellan a moment and spoke without looking at her, “Our days of isolation are coming to an end, this place, our paradise will soon be no longer.”

Kellan looked at her, her face concerned and full of sadness. Raju turned and looked, smiling as she spoke, “It’s nothing to be concerned about, it’s about time we stopped living like the Dwarves, shutting the world out and tending only to our own endeavors. The inhabitants of Krynn fear us, that is why we have built this place. For thousands of years we have remained to our own devices, walking among you in your appearance, so you would be more comfortable.”

She reached down and smoothed the front of her liquid blue dress, the symbol of Mishikal gleaming off its platinum chain. She inhaled deeply and looked Kellan directly in the eyes, “In some way, your coming here makes you our Ambassador. I think the gods have chosen you to bring the message that there are dragons that aren’t evil. The dragons of Her Dark Majesty burn and destroy, they spread fear and death. By our father Paladine we wish nothing of that sort. There is balance in all things, even where the dragons are concerned, but humans don’t tend to be willing to open their eyes beyond their own noses. Just because we share the same form as our kin, we don’t share their same evil desires or intentions. Because of their experiences with the greens and reds, the blues and whites, and especially the blacks, they refuse to see that there are dragons who would align with them to fight the evil they represent.”

She paused a moment and looked towards the grand castle of the High Born, she spoke again. “Nol was summoned while you bathed, word has reached the High Born of his disobedience and his brining you here.” Kellan looked at her sharply, her brows furrowed in deep concern, Raju reached over and touched her arm, it was warm, but not in any way the almost erotically warm sensation she felt from Nol, “Worry not, the worst he will get is a good talking to. Nol is a pack leader, there are…. Liberties that can be taken when the situation arises, although love is not considered one of those reasons he was tasked with the intelligence gathering when Her Dark Majesty’s forces were dispatched to North Keep. It wasn’t that he was supposed to be elsewhere and more that he wasn’t to get involved in the affairs and the war against the humans. I have a feeling however that the High Born is going to start seeing things differently now that we know what has become of our eggs.”

Again Kellan looked at her curiously and Raju’s face saddened. “To keep us from interfering with her war against Krynn Tahkisis stole the eggs of the metallic dragons and held them hostage, swearing she would destroy them if we interfered. Naturally due to the circumstances of not being trusted by the humans anyway we complied for the sake of our unborn. Now however word has reached us that the eggs are being corrupted and hatched to created the Draconian armies. They are twisted deformations of what was to be our children. With this knowledge I suspect that the metallic dragons might once again begin walking Ansalon. The news of our eggs, and your serendipitous arrival here are what brings me to my conclusion that the gods may have something to do with your being our ambassador.”

As Rose left Trystan looked at Myth and Rayann, his eyes showed his obvious grief and he walked out of the room. Kali looked at her parents a brief second when both her mother and father gestured that she needed to go with him. She nodded and left.

He was already out of sight, but she figured he was probably heading back to his quarters and she followed. As she ascended the stairs she could hear steps above her and she hastened her climb, reaching the top she saw him unlocking his door and she spoke, “Trystan.”

He turned, his watery eyes, pink with restraint to let the tears go stared back at her. He nodded gently and she came to his side and then went into his room with him. As he closed the door she reached for him and he took her hand. His other hand went to his eyes and he wiped the tears from under his lids and spoke, “I… I can’t believe she’s gone Kali. She was like a sister to me, I have known her since she was nine. I failed Liam, I let harm come to her.”

Kali looked at him and shook her head, “You did nothing of the sort Trystan, this isn’t your fault.”

“I let her go it should have been me going.”

“You let her go? You let her go on a mission she proposed, designed and got approval for? When are you going to let go of command over her? She is no long your charge Trystan, the Council absolved you of that responsibility.”

“I made a vow to Liam, I told him as he was riding to North Keep when the armies were dispatched that if something happened to him I would protect her.”

“Protect her? Let’s face it Trystan, in this world safety is an illusion.”

He turned sharply and narrowed his eyes at her, obviously offended by her statement. She inhaled deeply and walked over to his window, flinging back the curtain and pointing at the tops of the three towers which just came above the rise of the hill to the east of the city, “Do you see that Trystan? Do you see?!”

He looked and nodded, understanding her point before she made it but she continued anyway, “We are about to ride into battle against THAT. What was your plan, to shield her from the battle by riding in front of her? Your job is to ride in front of me. You are to be MY shield, at your request, that is on the battle plan. Were you going to drift between us? Were you going to save us all?”

He turned and looked at her the grief in his face was obvious. She walked up to him calmly and spoke, “Kellan will be dearly missed. I admit, even though she and I got off to a rocky start, I admire her very much now and we were on the brink of potential long term friendship, at least from my perspective. She was a dear soul who will be missed, but she was a soldier, a Knight of the Solamnic army and she deserves better than to have you remember her as a little girl that needed you to shield her from the world. She knew the risks, she knew the dangers and she went forward and did the job anyway. She protected three others and sacrificed herself so that they could live. If there is nothing noble about that than the Knighthood is nothing but a glorified sham. You all say ‘My Honor is My Life’ but she lived it by making the ultimate sacrifice so three could live on. We WILL miss her, and she deserves to be remembered as one who lived by the code she believed in.”

He turned and looked at her, his eyes still welling up but he nodded, “You are right.” He grabbed her and pulled her in tightly resting his chin on the top of her head as he stared out the window and the towers.

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Ceribanner

Ceridwyn woke as the surgeon worked on her leg. She gasped and whispered, “By the gods…” She felt Aeolis touch her and her head slumped back down onto the wooden plank she was laying on. Her voice was weak as she spoke to Aeolis, “How long have I been unconscious?”

He told her and she nodded as she never let her cheek lift up off the plank, the fact was she probably couldn’t even if she wanted to. She could feel her whole body shaking and she felt more exhausted than she ever had. The spell, cast in such haste, had taken an incredible toll on her body and she kept her eyes open only by sheer will.

She looked across the small aisle at Saul as he glared at her. She felt her eyes welling up, wishing that she was looking at Kellan, the memories of her face seemed to be glued to the inside of her eyelids. She couldn’t remove that memory, that split second when Kellan realized she wasn’t going to make it.

She caught the movement of red velvet and shifted her eyes as Rayann came beside her. Rayann’s touch to the back of her head was soothing but at that moment Ceridwyn felt the most vulnerable. Her eyes almost instantly welled up and she felt the salty tears begin to pour out over her cheeks… “If I had only waited a second more Rayann… one more second…”

Last edited by zinsk on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:39 pm

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Mage2

Pela saw all the commotion going on and couldn't stop her curious nature. She saw everyone running to the infirmary and snuck in watching and listening to everyone. She'd never seen grief before so this was a whole new experience for her. Her ice blue eyes were wide as she took everything in. She could practically feel the emotion in the room but she didn't recognize it or know what it meant.

She watched each face, and heard each emotionally filled voice. As she looked around she noticed the lady knight that had come to get her was indeed missing and to hear she had perished at the hands of the Dark Army. Again Pela didn't understand why she felt what she did at this news, but it wasn't happiness.

As she heard Saul moan and saw him try to rise off the table, she walked over to where he lay and laid her hand over his bleeding shoulder. Saul's shoulder stopped bleeding and when the medic looked again, he could see she had frozen just the area around his wound giving them time to finish working on him and close the wound up to prevent him from losing any more blood.

When she was done, she glanced at the medics who stood staring at her wide eyes and gape mouthed and suddenly felt singled out. Blinking, she glanced towards the door then back at the medic. Before they could say anything, she was out the door and running down the hall with her escort following behind as fast as he could run to keep up with her.

"Pela! Stop! You can't go running through the Keep like this! You'll It could cause a lot of trou........."

His words were cut short when Sir Walter stepped out of a doorway and Pela collided with him. He grabbed her hard by the upper arm and shook her like a parent would shake an errant child.

"What's the meaning of you running around like some wild banshee? Have you no manners, you rude whelp?"

As Pela heard the guards feet running and heard him scream at her, she narrowed her eyes.

"PELA! NO! DON'T!"

She was half a second away from casting a spell that would have turned Walter into an ice statue but her escort's voice penetrated her mind just enough to stop her.

"Please...release her, Sir Walter. I will make sure she remains under control."

Pela felt Walter's fingers tightening painfully around her arms and she clenched her jaw ad glared at the man. Walter finally released her roughly causing her to stumble back into the guard. Immediately her escort positioned himself between her and Walter. Walter glared at the younger Knight.

"Don't think this won't be reported, boy."

Pela peeked around her escort at Walter who glared at her again but said no more. He turned on his heel and walked away leaving Pela and her escort standing there. She glanced up at her escort.

"You should have let me turn him into an ice statue. Then you would not be reported."

Her escort sighed heavily then turned to look at her.

"You can't just go running off, Pela. You have to make sure one of us is with you at all times. ALL TIMES. It would prevent things like this from happening."

Pela looked down at her feet then looked back up at him and nodded.

"I understand. I shall wait for one of you next time."

The guard nodded and took a deep breath.

"Come on. Let's get back to the infirmary and see what, if anything, we can do to help or find out what is to happen next. Other than the obvious."

Pela nodded then turned and started walking back to the infirmary with the guard.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:42 pm

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Angryf10

Saul's shoulder felt unnaturally cold as he slowly forced himself to sit up, brushing aside the arms of the medics that attempted to push him back down. Grimacing, he swung his feet down until they touched the floor, pushing up with his right arm, he stood leaning agaist the table. When one of the medics attempted to steady him, Saul glared at the attendent. His eyes were cold and lifeless, yet the expression on his face was one of silent warning. Glancing over to where Cerdiwyn lay, a flash of rage crossed his expression, then just a quickly it vanished.

Taking a shaky step forward he fell back against the table, righted himself and took another step, then a third. His fourth step was shaky but determined, by the fifth he was walking straigth and tall. Though pain and dizziness encompassed his body, Saul continued until he reached the door, pulling it open, he stepped out, turned his head and through gritted teeth said "I am going to my quarters, unless I am still under arrest," he said flatty as he stepped outside and slammed the door.

Saul steadied himself from time to time as he made his way through the corridors. As he rounded a passageway a squire walked up. "Sir are you alright? Do you need assistance?" he asked Saul looked at him coldly, then his expression softend. "No thank you young Sqruire ....... Ye s you can on second thought." Saul said calmly "Can you direct me to Commander Rose's office ...... I need to file a report with her." The young Squire smiled and said "Yes Sir I can, please if you will follow me, Sir." As they walked the squire kept glancing at Saul's torn and bloodstained tunic. "Ah .... Sir?" he stammered ...... "You were with the party that has just returned from North Keep?"

Saul looked at the young man and said "Yes, I was." .......... "Sir was the battle fierce? I mean I heard that Lady Kellan ....... well Sir it is said that she did not return and is dead." The young squire's face turned ashen and somber when he asked.

"Yes the battle was fierce and Lady Kellan fell defending the rest of us. She died hororably and should be remembered with respect and affection." Saul said, just then they arrived at Commander Roses door. Saul thanked the young man and sent him on his way, then stood for a monent took a calming breath, remembering the times he stood before his master's door, to report on a failed lesson or task he had failed to perform, before knocking on the Commander's door.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:00 pm

Kellan looked over at Raju and smiled softly as she heard the woman’s voice, nodding in agreement as she admired the beautiful robe she wore.

”I am, thank you. The bath was good for both body and mind. Thank you for the use of such a beautiful bathing room.”

As Kellan listened to Raju speak about the days of isolation coming to an end and the beautiful paradise the metallic dragons had built coming to an end, her eyes scanned the landscape and furrowed her brows. Had the fact Nol got involved in the battle the cause of the end of this perfect paradise? Even though Raju said it wasn’t, Kellan still had trouble thinking it wasn’t. But as Raju went on explaining how she felt Kellan was an ambassador sent by the Gods, and what had happened to the metallic dragon eggs, Kellan began to see there was a much bigger picture than what happened in North Keep here.

Still, as she glanced at the castle in the distance knowing Nol was there, taking whatever punishment he was being handed, Kellan let Raju’s word run through her head over and over. Raju told her she hoped Kellan would find a way to use this gift that had been given to her.

For a long moment, Kellan was silent as she looked out over the beauty of the Myst Isle. It was obvious, as her eyes lifted skyward then back down to the ground and all around her Kellan was deep in thought. When she finaly looked over at Raju, her light brown eyes seemed to be clearer than before.

”It’s far easier to remember fear and pain and death than it is to remember what the sun feels like on your face. Until it’s gone. The humans of Krynn have forgotten what good the dragons have done for them because all they can see right now, is what harm the others are doing for them. I agree things have been on a downward spiral for centuries between your kind and mine, but I’ve seen, and experienced, what good your kind bring to this world. And the High Born can sit back and watch the humans and Elves from a distance all he wants, but when the mages who built those towers finally get around to draining the magic from Krynn to fuel their own selfishness, what will he do then? Who will they turn their need for more power on then? We may be the first ones to go, but they won’t stop until there is no more life, of any kind, to be found.”

She looked out over the landscape again, her light brown eyes searching for nothing in particular.

”What is being done to your eggs is nothing less than horrific. To see ones precious child stolen then changed into a hideous, unnatural creature is only the beginning. Knowing the Dark Queen, it wouldn’t surprise me she align herself with the two mages when she finds out how powerful they’ve become. And if that happens…..”

She shook her head slightly then turned to look at Raju again.

”Fear is fed by those ignorant to the truth. Or by those who wish for the truth never to be discovered. You’re fighting centuries of myths and fire side tales meant to insight fear of the unknown into the hearts of mankind. And it’s worked. But if I’ve learned nothing else, I’ve learned that actions will speak volumes over any words any creature can speak. Man or dragon.”

Looking out over the beautiful city, she lifted her hand and made a wide sweeping motion.

”Isn’t this worth fighting for, Raju? Isn’t your life you built here worth protecting?”

She looked back at the woman as a slow smile began to ease onto her features.

”You told me you hoped I would find good use for the gift that had been given to me. And considering the fact a Silver Dragon and his Metallic cousin rescued me and asked a Goddess to bring me back to life, I would say it would be the least I could do to help remove the rift that has grown between your kind and mine. I guess, what I’m saying, is I will do all I can to be this Ambassador you speak of. But it’s not going to be easy. Then again, nothing worth having is ever easy to obtain. A wise Knight once told me that when I was younger. He’s been right so far.”

When Aeolis saw Ceri’s eyes flutter open, he let out a small cry of relief and it was then and only then he let the medic tend to his wounds. He never took his eyes off Ceri as she spoke in an anguished whisper to Rayann. He prayed silently to the Gods his thanks for bringing them back here and sparing Ceri and he prayed Kellan was gone, not suffering at the hands of the Dark Army.

He closed his eyes for a brief moment then quickly opened them and refocused on Ceri. He saw the young man Saul stagger to his feet then glare at Ceri before he brushed off the medical staff and exited the room. The young man had much to learn and Aeolis hoped it came before it was too late.

Rayann was at Ceri’s side instantly and stroking her friends hair. As she heard Ceri’s anguish in her voice, Rayann forced back tears and shook her head slowly.

”One more second and none of you would have made it back, Ceri. Kellan knew this. She was a trained Knight and knew there was a possibility she wouldn’t make it back. It was the risk she willingly took each mission she went on. If she could, she would find a way to tell you this herself.”

Rayann took Ceri’s hand in her free one and held it letting her friend draw strength from her. The physical healing will long have completed before the mental and emotional healing will be complete. Of that, Rayann was certain. She glanced over at Aeolis and saw the way he looked at Ceri but she saw the haunted look in his eyes as well knowing he had witnessed Kellan’s last moments with Ceri. Looking back at Ceri, she spoke softly again.

”I’m so sorry you had to see that, Ceri. I pray you find the healing you need.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Pela rounded the corner and saw Saul moving through the hallways. He was without escort and she glanced at her own. He quirked a brow wondering what she was thinking and when she motioned for him to follow, she led him straight for the staggering young man. As he paused in front in front of Rose’s door, the Commander’s guards looked at him crossly.

Pela swept up next to the young man and easily inserted herself next to him, lifting his good arm and wrapping it around her shoulders. She’d seen people do this before when one of their comrades was injured. She smiled to the guards and started moving Saul away from the Commander’s door.

”There you are. I was wondering what happened to you. You know you should not be out and about without help. Come. Let us get you settled into your quarters. It has been a tough day.”

She glanced over her shoulders and smiled at the guards again then lowered her voice as she spoke to the young man.

”you’re as daft as a headless chicken right now. Could you not see the look those guards gave you and the fact their pikes were crossed before the Commander’s door? It means, simply put, she is not taking visitors at the moment. And considering the news I would say she has good reason. Where is your room? I shall make sure you get there.”
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:48 pm

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Saulun10

Saul, felt the chilled touch of Pela’s touch on his arm as she lifted it over her shoulder and guided him from the door. Expressionless he allowed her to lead him down the corridor and around the a corner. It was only then with Pela’s escort scurrying behind, did he quirk a brow and say softly .... “What you going to settle me in my quarters back in that prison cell. The one you so aptly arranged for me to reside in after our meeting in the stable.?” Saul said coldly as he slipped his arm off her shoulder and took a step away from her. “Tell me sorceress why should I trust you, or any of the magic wielders. One is already responsible for the death of my Great Grandfather and a new friend. A friend that saved my life ...... a friend I had sworn to protect from harm, and would have stayed behind to defend or could have brought back with us, had not the wizard been to anxious to return to the safety of Heartlund Keep.” Saul stated angrily. He then staggered back against the wall as blood ran down his left arm and dripped upon the floor.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:00 pm

Pela stopped moving as she listened to the young man spew his anger filled words. When he was done, she rolled her eyes then stepped forward once more and pressed her hand on his shoulder. He would feel an instantaneous cold penetrate that area of his body once more as her voice filled his ears.

”Are you always this angry? If so, it is no wonder you live a life of solitude. Not that a life of solitude is a bad thing. But you seem like the sort of creature that needs interaction with others. I am still not certain that sort of thing is beneficial for me.”

She could see the look on his face and knew she was speaking of something he didn’t understand. She sighed and removed her hand form his shoulder then and stepped back.

”If I wanted to cause trouble for you, I would. But I do not. At least, not at the moment. I was merely trying to be nice. Perhaps it is something that is way over rated but I was recently told being nice is far better thanbeing…well….let us just say mean as opposed to the other word they used.”

She glanced back at her escort who appeared to suddenly grow nervous as his cheeks colored. Looking back at Saul, she shook her head.

”You cannot protect everyone at the same time. Your friend was a Knight. It was her choice to be where she was. She has died, yes, but you have lived. Do not look the gift of your life in the mouth and walk past it. One is only given so many second chances. Even when dealing with the likes of me. Besides, I do not blame the wizard for wanting to return to Heartlund as quickly as possible. From what I hear, things were rather one sided. But from what I also hear, there was nothing that could have been done to prevent what happened to your Lady Knight friend. Now….your room?”
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:10 pm

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Saulfa32

Saul felt the cold penetrate his shoulder, as his vision began to cloud and he grew weaker, ..."The squire dormitories." he said weakly as persperation beaded upon his forehead. In his head he heard the voice of Master Ommimus speak "Saul, my young apprentice will you ever learn the to listen, learn the art of paitence and focus, controll your anger learn to channel the fire of rage. If you do not it shall consume you as a moth is consumed by the flame of a candle."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:18 pm

Raju looked at Kellan and listened as she spoke. With a smile she simply took in what the young girl said and realized how little the human actually knew despite her wise words. As she finished Raju motioned to an ornate metal bench speaking softly, “You see that bench Kellan? I could invite you to sit and we could discuss the ponderables all we like, but the fact remains what is, is. There is no war between us and the mages because Krynn is not our real home. We exist here, but we are children of the gods themselves, as such if this world is destroyed we will simply move on. I know that might be hard for you to hear but it is fact, many dragons here will simply leave with little thought to worry about the fate of Krynn.”

She inhaled deeply and looked at Kellan’s furrowed brows, “I am sorry to be the one to tell it to you but it is a fact. Do not disrespect the High Born however, his rule is not without flaw, but one thing I can assure you is the decision he makes don’t come in haste. We all grieve for the loss of our younglings, and we are determined to get what eggs have not been corrupted, but it will take more than words to dissuade mankind of its centuries old thinking. You are right about one thing however, actions do speak louder than words. It’s not actions we fear, its reactions. Rational beings do not react, unfortunately reacting instead of thoughtful responding is one of mankind’s greatest weaknesses. Should your being our voice truly be your calling it’s the irrational reactions you will be facing more than fireside tales. Fireside tales don’t stone heretics to death.”

She cocked her eyebrow and saw the look in Kellan’s face, but left it at that for now. The sound of wings beating heavily on the air came closer and closer. As the two females turned they saw Nol coming straight for the residence. He landed and quickly turned to his Elven form. Kellan looked at Raju and then to Nol, running to him and embracing him tightly. He held her and looked over at Raju who smiled and walked over slowly, “And the verdict is?”

Nol shook his head and looked at her, Kellan leaned back to look into his face as he answered, “The High Born and the Council of dragons have banished me from the Isle of Dragons.” Kellan gasped and Raju tapped her on the shoulder. Kellan turned to look at Raju quickly and Raju spoke, bringing her hand up as if to shield her mouth from Nol’s eyes, “Most of what he says is Minotaur crap.” Kellan turned back to him and punched him in the shoulder as she stepped back. Nol laughed and brought his finger to her chin, rubbing it gently as he laughed, “There there Kellan, I jest of course. The High Born and the Council were not thrilled that I got involved, however, they recognize that the time for us to become involved is soon. They fear that her Dark Majesty may be preparing a march on the towers, not to invade but to draw Fifth and Piramay back into the fold. Her Dark Majesty is not stupid, and she will try to leverage them as an asset against her war on Krynn. As such, since Heartlund is directly in the path of advancement considerations are being discussed to aid the Knights of Solamnia, but it isn’t a decision that will come quickly, there is still a lot of mistrust on both sides.”

Raju was practically laughing by the time he finished and he looked at her curiously, “What?”

She turned and looked at Kellan, her face was bright and she spoke, “It seems your human love interest agrees with you, that Her Dark Majesty might indeed be planning to bring Piramay and Fifth back into her army, she just said so to me not five minutes past.” Nol turned and looked at Kellan, she flushed pink in her cheeks and he reached over, grabbing her hand and squeezed as he spoke to Raju, “I told you she was different.” Raju nodded as she looked at Kellan as well, “Aye cousin, that you did.”

Time passed and Ceridwyn lay in her room on the leaf bed. Aeolis was set in a chair near the fire and occasionally rubbed his sore shoulder and arm as he watched her. Rayann also sat in the room but was at the bedside holding Ceridwyn’s hand. Ceridwyn looked over at Aeolis and croaked, “Some tea Mel’amin, please.” He nodded and smiled as best he could given the circumstances and removed the kettle from the stake beside the fire and poured all three of them a cup. Ceridwyn sat up and grimaced slightly as her sore body protested. “For the love of the gods why does it always have to hurt so bad…”

She sipped her tea and looked at the two of them, “Has anyone heard how Trystan is doing?” They both shook their heads and Rayann told her that Kali was with him. Ceridwyn nodded and whispered, “That is good, he will need her now. What about Lady Rose?”

They told her that Myth had gone to see her and she nodded again. Sipping the warm tea she leaned back and one of the branched reached up like a living thing and curled itself behind her so she could lean into it, “I can’t get her face out of my head. The expression as she realized she was not in the circle, the look of knowing she was not going to make it. By the gods I pray her suffering was light. The way that mace hit her, I never even saw the soldier coming…” She sighed heavily and looked up, “It’s never easy to lose someone, especially someone so noble and young.”

They all nodded and Ceridwyn leaned back even heavier, “This day cannot end soon enough.”

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Sirtrystan

Trystan woke in Kali’s bed. He flushed softly and looked over at her. She was laying beside him and reached over to touch his face. “You fell asleep.”

“That is not good.” She looked at him, “Why not?”

“I… I have duties, things to do, we are planning an assault…” She reached and placed her finger on his lips, “Mourning our lost is time to pause.” He sighed heavily and looked at her with his steel blue eyes, “I just think I could not focus on it if I was doing something I know how to do you know?”

She nodded all too knowingly and spoke, “I agree.”

She say up and he followed suit, they looked at each other and smiled. Kali’s red robes almost seemed to glow in the sunlight coming in the window, “We will strike in her memory Trystan, all of this is connected, and under the banner of her name we will charge, in one week!”

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:27 pm

Pela saw the young man fading and she clicked her tongue as she tisked then quickly got under him before he could fall over. She looked at her escort then.

”Well, good Knight, do not stand there with your teeth in your mouth. Help me get his dead weight into his room. I presume you know where the squire dormitories are since you were a squire once yourself.”

The guard rolled his eyes just as she had done a few moments prior.

“Of course I do. Come on. This way with you.”

The guard helped Pela get Saul to the dormitories for Squires and before she went in, she stopped suddenly at the door. The guard looked at her with a furrowed brow.

“What’s wrong?”

Pela swallowed hard then looked over at him, sliding out form under Saul and letting the guard take on the young mans full weight. The guard struggled slightly then found a way to hold the weight as best he could.

”It is far too warm in there for me. It would not be beneficial for me to enter.”

The guard looked around then back to Pela.

“Pela…..there IS no one else to help me. You HAVE to go on. It won’t take long. Please?”

Pela glanced around nervously and flexed her hands into fists then straightened the fingers out again. Finally she nodded hesitantly.

”Oh…very well then. Come on. Lets get this over before I melt.”

With the guards help, they got Saulk into the building. The guard thought it was a bit warmer inside than usual but shook it off. He glanced at Pela and saw her brow furrowed but she was trudging along just fine. They finally reached Saul’s room, which was on the far end of the dormitories. Pela turned Saul over to the guard so he could get the young man settled in his cot and covered up. As the guard finished up, he saw Pela’s face had grown quite flush and he walked to her side.

“Pela? You OK?”

Pela shook her head.

”Too hot….

Her guard didn’t even think twice, he grabbed her by the hand and practically dragged her out into the cold air and snow. He saw her take several deep breaths and the flushed look in her face began to subside. He looked at her concerned.

“Are you gonna be OK?”

Pela nodded but didn’t say anything.

“What do you do when it’s summertime?”

Pela glanced up at him.

”We find higher elevations to the North and pray the weather does not grow too warm up there.”

The guard scratched his chin and nodded.

“I see. So not only do you use the cold as a weapon but it sustains your life as well?”

Pela nodded.

”Yes. And when I come inside from the cold in the winter, the room cannot be overly warm right away. It can gradually warm to the point where others are not freezing but if it is warm when I enter, I grow ill.”

The guard nodded then.

“I’ll keep that in mind. You OK to walk now?”

Pela nodded.

”I am but I would like to remain outside for a time, if you would be so kind.”

The guard smiled and nodded.

“Sure. Come on. Let’s see if we can find a snowball fight that needs another participant.”

Pela smiled slightly and nodded. It was small acts of kindness like this from him and others that was beginning to have an impact on her. Slowly her whole demeanor was changing. It still remained to be seen if it would be for the good.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 7:05 am

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Saulfa10

During the past week, after the state funeral for Lady Kellan, which was held with full military honors, befitting a fallen hero, Saul had remained mainly in self induced isolation. Distancing himself from everyone, except for Tepas, his falcon, the guard and the young squire that Saul had startled outside his door, the first day of his release from prison that seemed to be his constant shadow. During that time, Saul increased his exercise routine to three times a day. Tepas, kept a constant vigil in the skies above and on the spires of the keep.

Two days into the week following the return and during his morning exercises, Saul noticed the young squire trying to mimic Saul’s moves. Stopping, Saul motioned for the young man to come closer. When he approached Saul looked at him, said calmly "First you gather your energy within you ...... concentrate on something, a place on the ground, a wall or an imaginary spot in front of you ...... fill your mind with it, ignoring all else around you ..... that spot is all that exists. ....... Once it is your whole world, reach within you find the center of your being, the center of your life's energy. Slowly bring that energy to the surface, with deep slow steady breaths. Focus on that energy and channel it to your movements ..... remember nothing exists ouside the world, no sound, no scent, no vision, only that you have created with your energy." ......... Saul watched as the young squire listened intently. "Now let us proceed together, young squire." Saul said quietly.

The young squire nodded and said "My name is ..." Saul held up his hand and the young squire fell silent "Names will come latter now we exercise." Saul said. Saul focused his sight upon a spot across the compound, took a deep breath in, letting it out slowly, then took another. Bringing his open palms together at his chest, he pushed against them, slowly increasing the pressure for several minutes until his arms began to tremble slightly. He then slowly lessened the pressure, extending his arms at shoulder height. his left palm up and his right down. Slowly turning his head to the right, he slowly rotated his extended arms until his head was rotated far over his right shoulder and his right palm was up and his left down. Saul then reversed the movement slowly until his head was turned far over his left shoulder and his left palm was up and his right down. Saul repeated these movements for approximately ten minutes. Breathing slowly in and out with each cycle of movements.

Saul brought his palms together once more centered on his chest, then breathing slowly, he fluidly snaked his arms out one slightly ahead of the other, as he lifted one leg and turned to his right on his right foot, slowly placing his left foot down, lifting his right and turning to his left reversing his hand movements. Saul repeated the movements over the next ten minutes slowly increasing the stepped of the movements until he seemed to move in a blur. He then leapt off the ground, bringing both knees up against his chest and flipped backwards, landing in a crouched position on his feet facing the fortress wall. He then spun rapidly on one foot, leapt again into the air, turning a tucked cartwheel in the air and landing standing on his feet. . Brining his palms together at his chest, he bowed slightly then fluidly sat down on his heels starring at the same spot on the wall across the compound. Saul looked towards the young squire and saw him picking himself off the ground, with an embarrassed look upon his face, as laughter from the guards and some fellow squires filled the courtyard. Saul stepped over and extended his right hand helping the young squire up. With a glare towards the hecklers that bore a warning and stare of a cornered mountain lion, Saul said to the young squire "Ignore the cackles and laughter of hyenas. They are but scavengers and eaters of the carrion that others have killed. Let us try again."

Slowly with each passing day the young squire's exercises improved as well as his physical condition. By the fourth day Saul and the squire nearly appeared as mirror images of each other. Saul's movements appeared more fluid, due to years of practice. However, as watched the young squire practice from time to time, Saul could see improvement, there was even a noticeable grace and fluidity to his normal day to day movements, and a calmness to his demeanor. As the days progressed Saul to became calmer and more serine as well.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:40 am

As the week passed by, it was done with somberness and a sense of purpose. Kellan’s funeral and memorial was both moving and heartbreaking. With no body to say goodbye to, it was as though it wasn’t real but the absence of her presence from day to day was felt more than anyone would admit. Many times people would look up from what they were doing and expect the boots they heard walking their way to be her and see her face brighten in a smile. But alas, their comrade and sister in arms was truly gone.

Concentration turned to preparing the troops for the assault on the towers. The group from Glen Durel, Bad Rock and the elite of the elite in the Orders sequestered themselves during the morning hours for strategic planning while the afternoons were spent going over those plans with the soldiers as well as training.

Kali was finally able to let Pela enchant the blades of the soldiers on her own. Each day the girl would spend the morning writing the spell down onto 20 pieces of parchment and each afternoon she would use up those pieces casting the spell on the 20 blades set before her. By the end of the day, she was sometimes so exhausted that either Bad Rock or another would have to carry her back to her room. But each day she awoke refreshed and ready to get at it again.

Her demeanor was changing as well. She was no longer the headstrong, obstinate girl that had arrived. She took the time to study those around her and as she stood watching everything at Kellan’s funeral, she began to realize the emotions those around her experienced. It was the first time she’d ever been able to observe anything like that.

Myth and Rose were becoming fast friends as their tactics on the battle field were starting to show in the meetings they held each day. Even as Rose struggled with her inner demons at night, she was able to add some excellent ideas to the plan as well as hear what others had to say. Rayann could see the woman was struggling internally with something and at times she could almost feel the bottled up emotions that threatened to swallow the Commander whole, but she never broached the subject with her. She didn’t want to seem as though she were spying on her.

Trystan and Kali were growing closer and that both elated and saddened Rayann. With the assault looming ever closer with each passing day, she wondered how their relationship would be when the dust settled. Or even if both of them would survive.

Aeolis and Ceri spent most of their free time locked away in their room. Ceri still grieved for Kellan and Aeolis would simply hold her as she tried to block out the last memory of the Lady Knight’s face before they disappeared from sight. He worried for Ceri but he never told her and tried his best to keep from showing it. He would keep her meals on schedule so she would eat but he could tell she wasn’t really enjoying her meals as she had in the past. He prayed, constantly, she would find a way to forgive herself and move past the events of North Keep.

Finally the day arrived. There was a nervous tension in the air as all prepared for the assault on the third, mageless tower. What would the end result be? Who would survive? Who wouldn’t? Were they really prepared as best they could be?

All of those questions were going to be answered by the time the sun set this day.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:12 pm

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Sirtrystan

Trystan was up early, the assault was to begin at noon sharp. Many of his men were already encamped on the field, they had been making their way all week to the area surrounding the warding. The third tower almost seemed aware of the presence of all these new individuals, and its shadow loomed over them every morning as the sun rose. The men were told not to fear it, it was a building, and nothing more. It neither lived nor breathed, and though it was protected by very strong magic they had the power of the wizards on their side, and their part was well rehearsed.

All four of the wizards had been spending the week doing as little as they could so as not to expend too much energy. Kali and Pela, the youngest in body worked the hardest enchanting as many blades as their bodies would allow, Rayann did her share too but Ceridwyn, set by the loss of Kellan remained isolated.

Trystan turned and looked at Kali, asleep in his bed. She had come late the evening before and laid down with him. They had managed to restrain any physical contact beyond their clothed bodies being beside one another, but both had hunger in their eyes. Trystan looked at her and felt proud he had been able to maintain his control and both of their virtue, and as he watched her while she slept he felt that burning in his soul for her. She stirred softly and he whispered her name. She opened her eyes with a start and sat up, looking around not recognizing the room immediately. He walked over to her, the stars still twinkled through the window in the low dawn light and he sat on the bed, “How are you feeling this morning?”

Kali looked at him. His quilted padding was already on and she could see he was only missing his armor, “How long have you been awake Trys?” He shrugged and spoke, “I am not sure, I rarely sleep well the night before a planned engagement. I can never settle down.”

“Do you feel rested enough to go out there and fight?”

He nodded gently and brushed his hand across her cheek. She smiled and brought her hand up to his, cupping it within her small palm. He leaned forward and kissed her gently and then leaned back. She swung her legs off the bed and stood, the stone floor didn’t seem as cold this morning, her mind lost on other things. She reached her hand towards his and he took it as she pulled him to stand, “Come.”

He walked across the room with her to the mannequin that held his armor. This was not his show armor, the armor he wore to parade or Kellan’s memorial, this was his battle armor, it was heavier, stronger, and it showed its experience. Each mark of either repair or contact were left lovingly as medals of achievement, proudly displayed to give visible evidence of the experience he who wore it knew. He went to reach for it and she placed her hand on top of his arm, shaking her head. He looked at her with a slight hint of surprise and she stepped between him and the armor, slowly unbuckling it from its stand one piece at a time. It was the tradition of the Squire to do this, but she had watched her mother do it many times for her Father, and now Kali followed her example.

She said nothing, unclasping the leather straps that connected the pieces and laid them out as she had seen her mother do, and then kneeling at Trystan’s feet she touched his shins, “That your legs would be protected, may they be swift and outrun your enemies on the field.” She kissed his calves and then buckled each piece on. Moving to the thighs she touched them both and whispered, “That your legs might be protected and become the axis of your power, to provide the follow through in your swing.” She kissed each thigh and then strapped on the metal pieces that covered his thick leather leggings. She reached around his waist and kissed him just at the belly button, “That your core might be protected, and remain your center of balance.” She clasped the chain maille belt in the back and tucked it under the flap of the padding to conceal the buckles. She picked up the breastplate and stood, resting it on the floor holding it with one hand, she began to tear up as she touched her hand to his chest right over his heart, “That your heart will be protected, which is your life essence, to allow it safety so you may come back to me, and love me.” She brought the front half up and pushed it against his chest; he held it in place as she picked up the back piece, held it against his spine and buckled the two pieces together. She reached down and picked up his pauldrons, “That your shoulders might not fatigue, and that their power will crush your foes.” She fitted them on one at a time and then pulled up on them to insure they were secure. Touching his wrists she spoke, “To protect your arms, that the swing of your blade will be the last vision of your enemies.” She reached down and picked up his spaulders, placing them on his wrists and buckling them down. She then grabbed his hands, squeezing them tightly, “To protect your hands, that their grip be strong and true, that their deeds will be pure, and that they will never lose their sword.” She picked up his gauntlets and helped him put them on. Finally she brought her hands up and touched his head, “To protect your head, that you keep your wits, that your thoughts and decisions be one step ahead of your foe, that your mind stay clear and your vision focused on what must be done.” She reached over and took the helmet off its stand and placed it on his head. She reached up and stroked the plume back and looked at him, “May the gods be with you this day Trystan.”

She reached and put her arms around him. He brought his arms up and gently hugged her as he whispered, “Thank you.”

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 BadrockBanner

Bad Rock barely slept, his body was tingling in anticipation of the battle. He roused Pela just as the sun was rising and she looked at him with a smile. She could see the look in his eyes, he loved battle, all Nethermen did but he seemed to especially love the thrill of the action, it was in the end why he did what he did. “It is time to awaken my little one, did you sleep well.” She yawned and stretched as she nodded her head. He nodded in approval and set about getting her something to eat as she dressed. Their escorts had been released, none of the guests had escorts for the last few days as all available fighting men were dispatched to the field, only the officers and Knights remained in the Keep now. He set out some warm meat and vegetables for Pela. She looked at it and smiled, eating her fill and he ate a freshly slaughtered lamb that had been brought for him. Though it had been blood drained he still appreciated the effort and that they were being treated with respect by the Knights.

As the two of them emerged from their room they made their way to the courtyard. Trystan and Kali were already there, as was Commander Rose, Ceridwyn and Aeolis. He moved up to stand near Commander Rose and Trystan. They were discussing the last details. He looked around as he stood patiently waiting. Both Rose and Trystan had looked over at him and nodded in greeting, but continued to discuss the map in front of them. He understood and knew they would get to him and his daughter with their final instructions when they had a chance. As he looked at the Knights he could not help but notice they all had Kellans name written on their armor just under their insignia’s. He wasn’t surprised by this, most seemed very moved by her death and the memorial service had been a very emotional event. Though he wasn’t able to really understand emotion, he did observe what grief was as the Knights gave final fair well to their fallen comrade.

He turned and looked to the east. Though the hill on the east side of the city blocked the suns rise off the horizon line he could see that it was peeking and the tops of the three towers could be seen. He inhaled deeply and looked over at Pela giving her a smile. It was the biggest smile he had ever given her, full of pride and fatherly affection.

Ceridwyn rose and saw that Aeolis was already up and getting his equipment together. She remained silent and walked over to him from behind, slipping her arms around his waist she clasped them at his belly and whispered, “I love you Aeolis.”

He turned around in her arms and whispered his response of affection. She smiled and pushed her cheek into his chest and just remained silently in his arms for several moments. She then stepped back and reached over beside the bedside table. She picked up two small pieces of fabric and pinned one to Aeolis’ chest. It had the name “Kellan” embroidered onto it. She straightened it and then handed one to him to pin to her robes. As he did she felt the emotions welling slightly and she nodded, “For Kellan.” He nodded and spoke, “For Kellan.”

They finished and went down to the main courtyard, a lot of the Knights were already assembled. The two of them walked and stood near Trystan and Commander Rose, nodding to Bad Rock and Pela as they approached a few minutes later.

Ceridwyn touched Aeolis on the arm softly and he looked at her, she spoke in their native language, “Excuse me.” Aeolis nodded lovingly and she walked over to Pela, touching the young girl on the arm Pela turned and looked at her. Ceridwyn smiled softly and spoke, “How are you feeling this morning?”

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:08 pm

Rayann was awake when Myth sat up in bed to slowly remove himself and get ready for the day ahead. She knew this day weighed heavy on his mind and he had gone through every possible scenario he could think of. And the fact he’d spent a good amount of time in meditation the night before spoke volumes. So when he rose, she did as well. While he was surprised to see her up and about this early, he didn’t say anything. There was no need. He knew what she was preparing to do.

She pulled the curtain away from the mannequin that concealed his armor and as he dressed in the clothes he wore under it, shedressed in a white tunic, tan leggings and the soft boots he’d gifted to her long ago. She then made ready to place his armor lovingly and protectively on his body. Her fingers lovingly caressed the armor as she closed her eyes and whispered a soft prayer to Lunitari for protection over him. When he was ready, she turned to look at him. Her lavender gaze locked with his emerald one and they stood motionless for a moment. Finally Rayann closed the distance between them and reached out with her hands resting them on his broad chest. She looked at his chest for a moment then looked back into his loving gaze. Swallowing hard, she finally spoke using his native language, her voice cracking slightly with emotion.

”With all my heart I love you Myth’Alas. Know that for all eternity I will. May Blue Moon protect you and may the Gods bless you. When we return here at the end of this day, I will be waiting for you, if not in body then in spirit.”

Rising up on her toes, she met his inclining head and pressed her lips softly against his as she felt his arms come around and hold her tenderly against him. He then kissed her forehead and she laid her cheek against his chest listening to his steady, strong heartbeat.

The moment passed all too soon and she reluctantly left his embrace to dress him in his battle armor. With each piece that was placed upon his person, she spoke a similar blessing Kali was doing at the exact same moment to Trystan. When it was all done, she stood back and looked at him. Like the Knights, he bore Kellan’s name on his armor as well. She smiled as best she could and nodded.

”You will be an imposing sight, mel’amin.”

She nodded again and turned to her own mannequin. She was just getting ready to lift the red, velvet robes off the statuette when his hand reached out and rested on the soft material instead. He shook his head then motioned for her to turn. She did and he placed the robes lovingly on her shoulders. As he clasped them at her throat, she looked up into his handsome face. When he was done, taking a moment to smooth out the embroidered name of Kellan on the pin, she smiled softly and reached up placing her hand on his cheek.

”Thank you.”

He nodded then looked at the door then to her.

“Are you ready mel’amin?”

Rayann nodded and took a deep breath. The time had come. Taking his offered, armored arm, she rested the palm of her hand on the top of his as they walked from their room to join the others. She nodded to all and saw from the corner of her eye the young man Saul was just joining the group as well.

Aeolis had risen early to dress in his leather armor. He didn’t like the traditional armor the Kights wore as it restricted his movements. His Elven heritage insisted he wear something lightweight and flexible. His leather pants were a deep brown, almost matching Ceri’s eyes and he wore a matching, long sleeve leather tunic with a dark green hooded cotton cloth tunic that had a hood. His hands were covered in gloves that seemed more like a second skin. Both had thicker padding at the inside of the wrists and the fingers were padded so they didn’t get raw from pulling the bow string back and firing arrows. He had two quivers of arrows resting on the small of his back, fully stocked. Each one pointing to the opposite side so he could fire with either hand.

As Ceri came up behind him and wrapped her arms around his midsection, pressing her cheek into his back, he smiled lovingly and rested his hands over hers then turned and tenderly wrapped his arms around her. His voice was whisper the same endearment back to her then kissed the top of her head when she pressed her cheek into his chest.

As they pinned Kellan’s name onto their clothes, Aeolis tested the string of his bow once more then shouldered it and offered Ceri his arm. As they joined the others, he nodded to Myth and the others. When Ceri excused herself, he smiled and nodded then turned to look out over the courtyard and furrowed his brows. The zero hour was fast approaching. The time for action was close at hand.

Pela had been outfitted with leather armor much like Aeolis’. It was thick but flexible and it fit her perfectly. She was told it had been Kellan’s at one time and it was given to her in hopes it would bring her luck. It had to be refitted for her smaller frame, but she was feeling what it meant to be honored to be included in remembering Kellan. Even the boots had been resized for her and the usual insignia for the Knights had been modified into an intricate, beautiful frost pattern. She found out it was the suggestion of her escort and she thanked him sincerely.

She was anxious about the day, but she wasn’t as worried as the others. For her, it was either kill or be killed. And like her Father, she loved the battle. There was an excitement in her eyes that was present when she got ready to go into battle. She let her white hair down today and braided it into a single plait that hung to the small of her back. She didn’t need the worry of rather or not her hair was going to stay put so she made sure it would. Like the others, she requested Kellan’s name be placed on her armor as well wanting to somehow show her respect for the fallen Lady Knight who had so bravely come to retrieve her and Bad Rock knowing she could have been killed by either of them easily.

As they joined the rest, she looked around and saw the looks on all their faces. There was no doubt this battle was going to be nothing short of monumental. She was looking around at all who had gathered and just nodded to Saul when she heard a soft voice speak to her and touch her arm. She smiled back at Ceridwyn.

”Very well, thank you. I am ready to face whatever I am to face.”

Her smile faded slightly then as she studied Ceridwyn’s face.

”How are you, Miss Ceridwyn? You still look tired. Will you be alright for this day?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:15 pm

Ceridwyn was almost taken aback at Pela’s smile. She wasn’t quite sure what had transpired over the last week to make the young girl change so dramatically but whatever it was certainly had worked. She nodded softly and spoke, “I must say Pela, this is the first time I have seen you truly smile, and it is a beautiful one.”

She felt slight sadness as she was asked how she was doing, but she nodded as she spoke matter of factly, “Time heals all wounds Pela, but time is not a luxury to us right now so we endure what we cannot change. Many people have told me what happened wasn’t my fault, and I can only listen and hope they are right.”

She could see that Pela was starting to become more in touch with her natural, human emotions, by the look on her face as she spoke those words. Though she had not been raised to understand what emotions were, Pela’s human nature was bound to bring them out at some point. Ceridwyn reached up and paused before placing her hand on Pela’s shoulder, “May I.” Pela looked at her hand slightly hesitantly but then nodded. Ceridwyn placed her hand on the young girls shoulder and whispered as she looked into Pela’s eyes, “May the grace of Solinari give you strength this day.”

There was no spark of magic or warm glow, but the look of conviction in Ceridwyn’s eyes made it obvious she believed that Solinari listened when she spoke. She removed her hand from Pela’s shoulder and smiled warmly as she turned and went back to Aeolis’ side.

The sun rose into the sky faster then it seemed to ever rise. At ten o’clock Rose called for chow and food was brought up from the dining hall and into the courtyard for all the Knights to eat. It was a very quiet meal, the men and women focusing on the task at hand today.

Everyone finished and Rose gave the order to move out. Knights mounted their horses and Pela got up onto a snow white horse that had been brought up for her and Bad Rock took up position at her side. Kali sat on her horse aside Trystan, Ceri aside Aeolis, Rayann aside Myth. The approach was that each wizard would be escorted by a warrior to protect them.

Kali’s plan was relatively simple, when the battle began, Kali would act as the funnel for the magic, directing her own energy and casting efforts to bolster Ceridwyn and Rayann’s spells. As the two casted alternatively holes would be punched through the warding that the army would rise through. Ceridwyn, Rayann and Kali had done many tests of the warding and discovered that their theory of the warding being more a shell than a constant presence was true, once they were through the wardings outer shell the wizard’s could enter and join the battle. The army, though just over 900 individuals in number had been drilled to get through the wardings in under a minute to minimize the time the wizard’s would be casting. The two holes would be wide enough to get 10 horses a breast through and the wizards would interlace a spell that would make the hole glow so no one accidentally came into contact with the warding.

As the Knights advanced up the hill, the wizard’s and mercenaries, along with Saul lead the group with Commander Rose. They crested the hill and the towers rose off the landscape. As the group looked out and saw the army spread out around the area where they would penetrate the warding the reality of things came into focus. All the planning, the discussion, the debate, it had all come to this. Kali felt a confidence in her plan and had the trust of all the Knights behind her. Their morale was high that they would be successful, and the group rode with confidence.

As they approached the field the soldiers of Heartlund cheered, banging their swords on their shields, banging their spears against each other, and getting themselves elevated to the state of energy they needed to go to war. The group parted and the wizards and their escorts advanced to the front and dismounted their horses. It was 11:30, the sun was high in the sky, the ground was damp from the freshly melted snow and the wizard’s stared at the markings on the ground in front of them. The commanders began to move their troops into position and Kali looked over at Rayann and Ceridwyn, her face reflected her confidence and she nodded gently for them to start going over the spell in their minds.
Back to top Go down
Lac'Nal

Lac'Nal

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:47 pm

16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Anime_10

Saul stood alone near theothers that had gathered his unruly sandy hair blowing gently with the gathering breeze, eyes of sapphire blue were cold as ice. Around his right bicept was tied a white silk scarf that had once been Kellan's, that he had found, what seemed like centuries ago, impaled of a scub brush along the trail as he tracked Pela, Bad Rock and Aeolis back to Heartlund. He wore only the black sleeveless tunic of leather, black trousers and boots. On his elbows were the black and silver elbow guards and on this hands, black fingerless gloves.The black tattoo on his left bicep and arm seemed alive as he flexed his muscle, tightening and releasing his grip slightly on the bow Kellan had given him, across his back was a quiver of arrows and his sword. He nodded to Pela after she had nodded to him, Saul reached into his tunic and pulled the burnt medallion 16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Knight12 from under it, brought it to his lips and kissed it. He then slipped the medallion back under his tunic, then ganced to the sky and whistled, holding out his arm.
A shrill squawk could be heard as Tepas
16: For Solamnia - Page 4 42807-10
dove from the sky and landed on Sauls leather clad arm. Saul reached into his tunic and gave Tepas a morsel of raw meat. He looked at the bird of prey and said quietly "Once again my old friend we take the deep breath before the plunge. ........ May the Gods protect us and these noble knights, may we be worthy of in whose name we go to battle. ........ Now go my friend be the eyes from which I can not see." Saul then lifted his arm and Tepas once again took to the air
16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Saker_10
, as he watched Tepas gain altitude, Saul, focused his energies, said a silent prayer and once again stared forward, his saphire blue eyes darkend and became cold as ice, as he joined Commander Rose and the troops as they advanced.

Last edited by Lac'Nal on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:54 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : to fit prior post)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 16: For Solamnia   16: For Solamnia - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

16: For Solamnia
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: PORTALS OF ASGARD - Other worldly tales :: Shards of Krynn :: Shards of Krynn Book 1-
Jump to: