Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

10: Interests of Shadow and Flame

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:45 am

10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame NolBanner

Nol saw Kali shifting and he stood, walking over to her and resting his hand on her head. It had been four days since the battle with Rorie and Nol was watching over Kali with such a protective shadow that he even felt uneasy and on edge when her parents came into the room. Of course he knew they would never harm her and he never showed his unease, but he was in full protect mode; and it was just a natural off shoot of his state of mind. From time to time he would go and assist Myth with some of the smaller repairs to Glen Durel Castle, but the damage was so severe he had called a dozen of his “friends” from the Misty Isles to come and assist. It was a little strange at first for the family to have 13 chromatic dragons moving around the premesis and making repairs to the huge chunks of missing castle and wall, but after the first few hours the dragons presence was welcomed and a real sense of true peace started to settle over the area.

Nol’s hand touched Kali’s cheek gently and she roused, smiling as she turned to look into his silver eyes, “My love.” He smiled and responded in Draconic, “Coi ui bensvelk ekess ocuir wux hasak’sia itov, wux re vorqir roquir fronin kear. (It is good to see you awake my love, you are looking stronger every day.)” She smiled and reached up, gently grasping the back of his head and pulled him down to her, their lips touched softly and he closed his eyes as her warmth filled him. Withdrawing he brushed some hair from her forehead and spoke, “Now that I know you are awake I will go seek out your father, I promised I would help set the new spires on the North tower of the castle.” She smiled and nodded, knowing that Nol was a being of his word. He had obviously stayed to make sure she awoke before he went to help her father but his body language indicated that he was pretty late for their appointment. “I will see you for dinner Nol, I think I can eat in the dining hall with the family tonight.” He winked and leapt from the window, flashing into his dragon form and disappearing around the edge of the castle.

10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame KaliRed

Kali stood and walked over to the closet. She retrieved a house clothes, blood red in color and slipped it on before exiting the room. She walked into the hall and brushed her fingers along the stone walls as she walked the hallway down to the lower levels where she knew Ceridwyn had confronted Rorie. As she made her way down she could still feel the lingering traces of magic, even this many days past the event. Her hair tingled as she finally found herself in the second basement of the castle. The debris from the chunk of wall was still scattered around the whole cellar and she scanned with her eyes, knowing this was the place Rorie was finally killed. There was a large chunk of rock at the very base of the hole and she saw the charred silhouette of a figure up against the wall behind it, the remnants of her uncle. She grit her teeth and walked to the area, touching the wall, the ash from what was left of him flecked away from the wall and drifted softly to the floor. She watched it fall and lifted her foot so it could find its path all the way to the stone. With a deep breath she turned her head slightly, there was a slight pull in the magic field, as if something was calling to her. She stepped over the debris and the sensation grew stronger. Moving some of the rock aside she gasped in disbelief, the top of the Staff of Cells came into view. She smiled, and began to unbury the treasure, she had assumed the heirloom lost when Rorie had been incinerated.

10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame FifthBanner

Fifth stood atop the wall of Northkeep. The few remaining Solamic Knights that had escaped the chaos were scattering and he turned to look at Piramay, “Well little phoenix, it appears as though the knights don’t want to play anymore. Pity, we were so close to exterminating them from the whole region. Such is life, they live to play another day.” He grinned and walked over to the soul well, reaching out and picking it up. Piramay would be able to tell by the intense glow the device was more than charged for their purposes. Fifth looked up at her with a smile, “We have plenty of energy to do what we need to do. I suggest we rest an hour to recover ourselves a little and then we will transport to our new location.”

Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:08 pm

10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Pirabanner

Piramay smiled admiring their handy work. The lands surrounding the keep were nothing but blasted and scorched earth now. Heat radiated off Piramay's body as she stood there looking out over the lands. She had expended a great deal of power and it was all the more obvious when she leaned upon the stone and it sizzled beneath her hands. "Tis a shame really.... but the ones that survive will prove to be more interesting in a future encounter."

She smiled looking over at Fifht "That which does not kill you only makes you stronger they say."

Her eyes drifted down to the soul well as Fifth retrieved it. Her eyes fixated upon the liht that now eminated from the inside. She could feel the energy that was contained insidde and it made her shudder with delight. The first phase of the plan was nearly complete and her matriarch was none the wiser about what was going to be happening. She could not help but to smile at the very thought of the goddess' face.

Stretching her arms out she gave a slight yawn. "Mmmm.... an hour of rest would do wonders for me..."

The temperature around her was slowly begining to cool and the fires that had been enwreathing her form had finally sputtered out. Her robes swirled around as she spun on her heel. Staff in hand she descended from the battlements.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Fifth moved into the central area of the keep and activated the Orb of Protection. It was a small prototype of the one they would be creating soon to protect them as they recovered from making the alterations to the landscape in the coming days. The device was a combination of Gnomish craftsmanship, dark magic, elemental magic and necromancy. Some of the energy from the soulwell would be used to power the device so he and Piramay could sleep for about 2 months, the anticipated recovery time they would need.

The device hummed and the power pulsed outward, covering the area around the Keep in an eerie shadow and flame barrier that would repel any weapons known on Krynn. He turned and laid down on his bed, it was humble, but necessary, comfort was something he was neglecting for the time being in an attempt to toughen his body to the coming event. He laid his head down and was asleep almost instantly, his body thankful for the rest.
--
He awoke several hours later and looked around with blurred vision. The Orb was still pulsing with a soft hum and he turned to see Piramay still sleeping in the bed across the room. He sat up and walked over to her, touching her gently on the shoulder. She had cooled down and he knew it was safe to rouse her.

“Little Phoenix, we must depart soon, the moons will be at their equinox this evening and we will only have one shot at this.”

He watched as she woke and she would see in his face for the first time a slight hint of affection. It was not a love per say, but a kindred sensation of equality between them. She had after all been for all the preparation and harvesting, she was in a sense the completion of this whole process, and he allowed himself this briefest of windows into his appreciation for that.

He moved to the other side of the room, gathered the orb and the soul well as long as his other belongings and turned to look at her. As usual she looked regal in her shimmering red robes and he gave the briefest of smiles as he nodded respectfully. “I will transport us to the center of our soon to be new home.”

After she had gathered her belongings he walked over and reached a hand to her. She would know by now after their months together that the split instant their skin touched they would be almost instantly yanked through the air, leaving their stomachs behind and find themselves where he intended them to go.

Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:38 pm

Sleep came quickly to Piramay as she rested her head upon the pillow. However it was not so much the exhaustion from the casting of her spells so much as the warmth that enveloped her being. She could only describe the sensation she felt as she lay there as feeling like a baby resting in the mother's womb. So much so in fact that her power seemed to pulse in her sleep mimicking a heart beat. Her rest as always was restful and devoid of troublesome thoughts.

A voice penetrated the depths of her solitude bringing her conciousness from the deep recesses of her mind. As she roused she could feel the cool air of the unforgiven world caress her skin. A low grumble escapd her lips as she opened her eyes. The sensation of a hand releasing her shoulder caused her eyes to focus sharply but upon seeing Fifth there was an immediate calm. It was rare to see a glimpse of appreciation from the wizard and it felt odd but not unwelcome.

She said little only stretching out her limbs before straightening out her robes. She took a moment to look at herself in the mirror and wrinkled her nose slightly. A snap of her finger and a flash of flame later the grime and dirt that marred her clothing was gone. For those brief momnts she radiated an inner light that made her grin all the more devilish. Happy now with her looks she took up her pack to join Fifth.

The mere mention of teleportation made her glad she had not decided to nibble on something before they departed. Her hand reached out to Fifth's and upon contact she felt her body tugged one way and her stomach the other. She had done this many times and the effects still left her slightly nausiated but not nearly as bad as her first time. When the world came into focus once more she could only smile.

Last edited by serredeth on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:54 am

They landed softly almost instantly after takeoff, teleportation was a quick but jarring way to travel, and instinctually Fifth moved his hand to the small of Piramay’s back the instant their feet were on the ground to help steady her. “I apologize little Phoenix, I know it’s not your favorite way to travel.”

He looked around and smiled knowing they were dead center of the triangle that would be formed when the three towers were formed. He turned and looked at Piramay with a devilish smile. “Little Phoenix, look to the South, there,” He pointed towards a small rise in the landscape, “That is the location of your future tower, the Tower of Conflagration. Over there,” He pointed to the northeast, “That is where the Tower of Dim will be, and over there…,“ He pointed to a location that was due northwest, “…that will be the Tower of Shadowflame.”

He turned back and looked at Piramay, his silver, mirror eyes had never reflected death to her like they did to almost every other being that ever gazed into them, what she saw was the landscape from above, three towers in a perfect, unilateral triangle, power pulsing between them in a tangle of red and black. He formed a smile that was sincere and warm, a smile that he reserved only for her, “Soon Little Phoenix, you will be a goddess of fire!” His face twisted into something much more sinister, a look of forceful domination, “And then we shall rule this planet!”

He walked to a small stone that sat in the grass and knelt down beside it. To the undiscerning eye, this stone would seem like any other in the area, but Piramay would see that this stone was just slightly different, enough to be insignificant, and at the same time quintessential. The top had been lovingly masoned smooth and an indentation added that allowed the Soul Well to sit securely on top of it. Fifth placed the metallic device that pulsed with the energy of hundreds of souls and released the four corners, they folded outward and snapped into small indentations in the rock that secured it fast. He stood and turned to look at Piramay, “Place your staff in the grooved stone there.”

One looking she would see that directly across from each other on opposite sides of the Soul Well Stone were two slabs of limestone that had been placed flat against the ground and bored with an anchor hole that would allow her staff to be set within and hold it vertical. Fifth walked and placed his staff in the slot across from the stone she was standing at and then moved to stand on the third corner of what was about to be a perfect square around the Soul Well. He smiled and motioned to the spot across from him, marked on the ground be a small piece of stone. As she took up position he looked down at the Soul Well and watched the pulsing of the light within. Looking back up at Piramay he spoke softly, “Do you remember the incantation I taught you? Not to place any pressure on you but if we get it wrong we will be instantly dissolved by the soul energy.” He smiled, it was obvious he trusted her, but wanted her to know the facts, “Are you ready then?”

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:08 am

10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame RayannRed

The battle with Rorie had taken its toll on the whole family. Kali especially. The girl had seriously over taxed her body in an effort to protect her infant brother and bring an end to her uncles rein of terror. Rayann had looked in on her on several occasions only to find Nol sitting near by. The look in the dragons humanoid eyes looked almost predatory at times and Rayann grew concerned thinking he may just see her as a threat a few times but Myth assured her it was merely his protective nature over the girl that made him look that way. Rayann was satisfied with that explanation and she began to be more at ease in the dragons presence when near Kali.

When the other dragons arrived and began to help restore Glen Durel Rayann found their presence a bit overwhelming at first but after a few days she began to look forward to their glimmering shapes and steadfast work as they helped repair the damage Rorie and she had done to the castle. She felt guilty knowing the damage she caused was the greatest and it pained her to see her ancestral home all but obliterated. Several times she had walked through the ruined parts of the castle and felt tears sting her eyes.

She refused to look at what remained of where Rorie had perished. While she knew it was the only way to rid her and her family of his threat, she found it painful to think her twin was gone. For good this time. There was an emptiness within her now that refused to fill and she wondered if it ever would. Even as she tended to Shaeraer and found solace in his tiny presence, feeling the love for her growing more and more each day, just as it did with Kali, she felt that emptiness.

Rayann was making her way to the second basement with Shaeraer in her arms when she came across Kali uncovering the Staff of Cells. She knew the staff was there for a few days but refused to break down and recover it. When she saw Kali digging through debris to get to it, Rayann felt a knot in her throat. Swallowing hard to force it down, she looked away for a moment, regained her composure and looked back to what Kali was doing again. Her voice slipped softly into her daughters mind.

~I was wondering when you would find it.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:47 am

Kali turned, slightly startled as Rayann spoke to her. Smiling with a slight flush in her cheeks she turned back and removed the Staff of Cells from the rubble. She held it in her hands lovingly and then turned to her mother with a glint of excitement in her eyes, “I was so sad thinking that it might have been lost in the battle. Papa’s staff deserves a better fate than that.” She walked over to Rayann and her eyes went from her mother’s to Shaeraer’s, “He is so small, but already so strong.” She brushed the top of her brother’s head and looked back at Rayann before turning her gaze to the silhouette on the wall. It was obvious the blast hit him while he was looking up, Rorie probably never even knew Ceri was there when the spell impacted him.

She inhaled deeply and then spoke without breaking her view of the ash, “It is sad that Rorie had to go to the lengths he did. I would have liked to have an uncle that was loving and cared for the family, the kind of uncle I think he would have been if he hadn’t made the switch to the Dark Queen’s service. The decades under his tutelage seem like little more than a dream now, a nightmare that is finally over and the real me can wake up and pursue what is true.”

Rayann would feel the deep sadness within Kali, there was still a connection to the man that had raised her, despite the fact that Kali had let go of him, like Rayann, he would always somehow, someway be a part of her. She turned and looked at Rayann again, her eyes slightly puffy and welled up, “I’m sorry mother, I don’t mean to linger on the past, but I also don’t want to forget certain things, the lessons of my decisions. Though I am created a new, I don’t want to forget lest I fall down that dark path again.”

She gripped the staff so tightly her knuckles began to turn white and Rayann would feel the conflict within her. It would probably be a hundred years before Shulamite would truly be dead, but Rayann would also feel that though the memories of her dark past lingered, Kali was winning the battle in her own mind. Suddenly Kali snapped to reality, the lingering on deep thoughts broken with a startled move. She turned and looked at her mother, her cheeks going red with embarrassment, “I’m sorry mom…” She smiled warmly and leaned forward, pressing her warm cheek into Rayann’s as she hugged her, “I will take Papa’s staff back to the tower where it belongs, and then I think I will go lay down again, my head is feeling a little dizzy.”

Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:47 pm

There wasn't a detail about the area around them that did not go unnoticed as Piramay looked about. She was greatful for the steadying hand of Fifth when they arrived at their destination. "While I may not prefer to travel in that manner often I can not deny the usefulness. Travelling here even by mount would have cost us precious time."

Even before hse was made aware of the place the Soul Well would sit she had noted the spots where their staves would rest during the casting. From there she focused on where they would stand and as she expected the Well would sit in the dead center. She was well aware of the preperation that had been required simply to place the objects . A thin smiles spread across her lips as the Soul Well was put into place.

Reaching at Piramay put the ahsen staff into the slot testing it for a firm fit. She knew well that it would but habit more than anything made her reasonably cautious about such things. She slipped away from the staff taking up her place opposite of Fifth. Her eyes locked on the Mirrored orbs of her compatriot. The vision of the furture made her spine tingle with excitement.

Clearing her throat she nodded her head. Had anyone else asked her of the spell she would have flayed them alive but Fifth was being reasonably cautious as she expected. "I am well aware of what is at stake Fifth. Trust that I made the memorization of the incantation a part of my daily rituals. My life is at no more risk than your own..." Her mystical power began to build and gather around her signaling her readiness.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:04 pm

Rayann could feel her daughters inner turmoil and emotions knowing she had come to grips with what she had been in the past yet strived to be something different now and for the future. As Kali touched Shaer’s head Rayann smiled loving at her daughter and reached out a hand to touch Kali’s cheek.

~We must never forget the past Kali. It’s how we learn for the future. One day at a time, my daughter. One day at a time. We’ll get through this just as we always have. It’s what helps make us better in the long run.~

As Kali glanced at the silhouette of Rorie Rayann kept her sight trained on her daughter. Perhaps one day she’d be able to look upon the place her brother last stood but not now. Not today. When Kalil looked back at her with puffy eyes, Rayann felt that lump creep into her throat once more and she swallowed hard to rid herself of it finding it nearly impossible.

~There’s nothing to apologize for, Kali. We can’t take away what’s been done. And in the end, it was Rorie’s decision to do what he did. He could have walked away from ever taking that path. But I didn’t help either. Looking back, I can’t help but wonder what would have happened if I hadn’t severed our link. But then again, how would that explain the vision in the portrait we all saw? Sometimes fate is a fickle mistress and sometimes there’s nothing we can do to stop her. As much as we’d like to.~

Noticing the way Kali’s knuckles grew white as she gripped the staff, Rayann knew in time her daughter would find the strength to bury the memory of Shulamite once and for all. Until then, Rayann would pray for her daughter and do all she could to help her as she lived the new life she now loved. With another loving smile, Rayann nodded to Kali.

~That’s a good place for it, Kali. I’ll check on you in a little while to see if there’s anything you need. In the meantime, Shaer and I are going for a walk. I want to enjoy the warm sunshine as much as I can right now. I love you, daughter.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:19 pm

He smiled as she responded with a slight brashness and condescension in her voice, he expected nothing less from her, in fact it was one of his favorite attributes that she possessed. Nodding gently he then turned and looked towards the skies, the red and white moons were visible above, the Night of the Eye was beginning and High Sanction was upon them. This was a unique occurrence that didn’t happen often but when it did the heightened magic on the planet was felt by all wizards simultaneously. It was this heightened magic that was the lynch pin in Fifth’s plan. He looked at Piramay and closed his eyes, and together they began the extremely complex incantation. As the magic began to swell and move around them the hillside filled with a violent wind that whipped their robes. The staves began to glow and a thin beam of red and black matter began to erupt from them, connecting all four points of the square.

Their voices rose to the twilight and the soul well opened as the four corners of the square intersected and created a focused beam on the center. As the pedals of the dark flower on top of the well opened the dying screams of the victims echoed across the valley as a few were released and their energy was drawn into the spell. A hole in the sky began to open and Fifth began to feel the quiver of very ancient magic moving through him. His voice entered Piramay’s mind, “Yes Phoenix! Yes!”

The sky tore open and the energy of their magic rose to meet the twisting nether that came through. The alignment of the moons became a blur and all the air moved with the shock wave of colliding energy. The exact point of the sky fracture sent three lines to the predestined points and formed an energy field so intense the plants and animals within were instantly killed and blackened by the heat and shadow, Piramay and Fifth protected by remnants of the souls swirling around them. A darkness began to pulse outwards, twisted with flame and destroying the divine magic all around, consuming it like fuel that made a bonfire blaze. Each beat of this heart of energy grew the scar that was spreading rapidly across the landscape, focusing on the three points on the ground.

There was a deep rumble from within the dirt and all of Krynn shuddered, just a brief second. The effect was so rapid most would have passed it off as imagination, but the magi of the planet would instantly feel the vortex of magic being perverted and twisted to some unknown end. Fifth and Piramay’s skin began to glow, hers white hot like the inner fires of a furnace, his a sickening twist of purple and green. The soul well rattled on the stone and the claws held fast as the souls now came out with an explosive force and whirled across the landscape. The very air was distorted to reveal the faces of the victims that were slaughtered and burned for the sake of their life force, their faces horrific in silent screams that whirled and lifted into the sky. The land exploded upwards like a volcano, twisted with living shadow and spewed sulpher and magma into the sky. Fifth grit his teeth as the magic flowed between himself and Piramay, the staves buffering the power to not overwhelm their physical bodies. Fifth held his position, pressing his feet into the earth and upon finishing the incantation hissed his final words of magic. The darkness within him exploded outwards, colliding with the flames of his partner and twisting into a vortex that went above to the apex of the triangular pyramid and dispersed the energy to the three points on the ground. Three massive holes opened in the earth and spires, twisted and writhing like living creatures emerged from the ground, growing up 300 meters into the sky. The tops pulsed and sent shockwaves of electrified energy back and forth to one another and then to the hole in the sky. The moons dimmed slightly as the magical energy was sucked from them and the distortion of pure ambient magic radiated from the entire area like a plague slowly spreading across the land.

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:46 pm

10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Mage2

Pela had been traveling with Bad Rock since the disaster at Glen Durel. When Bad Rock explained to her that Rorie was using his power the Dark Queen had given to him as personal revenge against his sister and the child she gave birth to, Pela felt a small twinge of guilt at the fact she’d been a part of something like that. Knowing if it hadn’t been for the giant creature taking her in, she would have died or become food for some animal. Or even Bad Rock himself. Bad Rock told her Rorie was most likely dead now and for some reason Pela felt a pang of regret knowing she wouldn’t be able to see the handsome face of the robed mage again. She was somehow hoping things would work out to where she and Rorie would get to know each other. But, as she’d learned at an early age, want in one hand and mess in the other and see which one fills up first.

They had been able to keep a low profile since the events of that day and so far, the Dark Queen hadn’t been able to catch up to them but Bad Rock told Pela it was just a matter of time before she did. Fortunately, bad Rock had made many connections in his years of working as a mercenary and they found places to stay the few nights since the confrontation.

She was sitting, eating with Bad Rock at a small tavern a few evenings after the confrontation when she felt the ground rumble slightly beneath her as they sat eating. Bad Rock didn’t seem to notice but Pela found the sensation strange. Especially considering the fact Bad Rock was seated next to her and unmoving. What followed next mad Pela drop the utensil in her hand look over at Bad Rock with wide eyes. She felt a pull of magic from around her and felt her mouth grow slack. The next instant she felt a wave a nausea wash over her that was subtle at first then gradually grew worse.

Her ivory complexion took on an even paler look as she drew her forearms across her abdomen and began to press inwardly trying to stop the sensation from growing to no avail. Finally she looked over at him as tears began to well up in her eyes.

”Father……what is happening? Why do I feel so ill?”

That’s when she noticed he too was not doing so great. What ever was happening was causing them to feel very, very bad and as Pela looked around the tavern, she noticed several other patrons reacting the same way.

Something terrible was happening to Krynn and from the looks of it, no magic user was immuned.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:37 pm

Kali was just letting go of the embrace between her and her mother when she felt a slight rumble under her feet and immediately clutched her stomach and felt ill. She saw that Rayann also went pale and was showing signs of feeling the same sensation, “Mother….”

She dropped the staff and leaned into Rayann, together they were able to hold up the other, but the dizzy sensation that was followed by the worst nausea she had ever experienced was too much and together they eased down to the floor and onto their knees. Kali turned her head and leaned into the rubble pile, vomiting into a crevice and spitting. Shaking her head she coughed and spoke, “What in the abyss is going on?” She looked up at the heavens, the white and red moons were hovering close to one another and shining brightly, this was the evening of High Sanction and though she and Rayann had decided a couple days ago to skip the celebrations at the Chamber of the Wizard’s Council they had still planned to sit on the roof of the tower and bath in the glow of the magic that would be bathing Krynn. “Mom, look!”

She pointed up and suddenly felt that dream like state again, where she knew what she was witnessing was very real, yet it seemed like she was viewing it through a foggy dream. The two visible moons began to dim significantly, and she could feel her sensation to magic weaken. Like all divine casters, Kali and Rayann were susceptible to the waxing and weigning of the moons, though it didn’t tend to affect them like most thanks to their special gift she felt for the first time in her life as if her magical potency had just been weakened. “How are the moons dimming? This isn’t possible! Is it? Could it be Rorie?” She turned to look at Rayann, her scarlet lips looking much rosier against her newly paled skin.

10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame BadrockBanner

Bad Rock felt the sensation in his gut and looked at the food at first, curious as to what that damn fool of a bar keep had fed him. He had specifically asked for raw horse meat! He was just about to get up and demand his money back when Pela paled and doubled over. He turned and looked as a couple other people in the tavern began to experience similar sensations and he shoke his head. Grabbing his large backpack and slinging it over his shoulder he tucked the massive staff into the pocket he had crafted for it so it road alongside his back pack and gently picked up Pela. Cradling her in his arms he left the Tavern and walked into the streets, looking around as people were pointing up and whispering. The moons were dimming before his very eyes and he clenched his eyes closed as a second wave of the sick feeling hit him like a wave. He leaned forward and held Pela tight, speaking softly into her ear, “I know not Pela, but we will find out what is happening.”

10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame CeriBanner

Ceridwyn was talking to several members of the red order as the merriment of High Sanction was beginning. This was the one time every few years that the wizards of all orders got together and put any difference of opinion aside to celebrate the mystery of their magic. This party in particular brought together the three Councils and some other dignitaries to enjoy good wine, good food, and good company. She felt the slight rumble in the ground and reached to touch a table in an attempt to steady herself when she felt the sickness hit her. Furrowing her brow and looking around quickly she saw the other magi in the room reacting similarly and she immediately spoke to the gathered, “Friends, we must…,” The light from the moons began to dim and all the Wizards looked at each other curiously, and then instinctually began to respond.

Ceridwyn immediately went to her chambers and grabbed her staff as well as her travel bag. In an instant she teleported to Silvanost and began looking for Aeolis.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:02 pm

10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Maleelf

Aeolis was sitting back in his quarters having a rare evening alone back in his home land when he felt the ground rumble as he took a sip of tea. Since he’d been in Ceri’s company he had taken a liking to the tea she liked and he found himself enjoying it when she wasn’t around. Knowing she was enjoying her time at the High Sanction he found himself wondering if she was having a good time or wishing she was elsewhere right now. He smiled. Knowing Ceri she was fluttering like a butterfly from one thing to another.

But the rumble concerned him and he furrowed his brow as he pulled the cup away from his lips. The next instant he felt the pull of magic and his brow furrowed even more. He set his cup down then stood up and walked outside. As soon as he hit the air he felt a sickening feeling and he knew something terrible was amiss. Something positively evil.

He began to walk through the Elven city and as he walked through the city he noticed the moons dim. Casting his gaze skyward he couldn’t help but gasp and stand still as he saw what was taking place. He was still standing in his stunned silence when he felt Ceri’s presence close by. Blinking he tore himself out of his surprise and started walking in the way he felt her.

He saw her petite frame trying to weave through the throng of Elven citizens and he began pushing his way through them towards her. He reached her in a mater of seconds and instantly his hands reached out to draw her close to him in a protective gesture.

Are you alright, Ceri? What ever this is, it cannot be good. And I have a feeling it is going to get worse.”

10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Mage2
Pela felt another wave of nausea hit her as Bad Rock cradeled her in his arms. She groaned as she fought back the urge to expel what was on her stomach. Finally she was unable to hold back and she forced herself to lean forward and vomit away from Bad Rock so she didn’t get any on him. Coughing as she finished up, she leaned heavily back against the big creature and shivered. She had never gotten sick to her stomach and it left her weak and drained above and over what the effect of what was happening around them was doing.

”This can’t be good, father. I can feel it deep inside me.”

Rayann felt the strange sickening sensation wash over her at the dame time Kali did. Like Kali she felt like she was going to get sick but she was able to prevent herself from doing it. Poor Kali though was not so fortunate. As they sank to the floor Rayann f ound it was all she could do to hold Shaeraer in her arms and not drop him. Even the usually quiet, happy baby began to stir and grow irritable, crying as the sickening feeling affected him.

As Kali pointed out the dimming of the moons, Rayann felt a fear she had never felt before. Her pale face grew even paler as she witnessed the strange things that were taking place all over Krynn. When Kali asked if I could be Rorie, Rayann shook her head weakly.

”N-no. I don’t think Rorie could even do this. Who ever or what ever is causing this is more powerful than the Gods. And if they are more powerful than the Gods…then how are we going to fight them? And win?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:27 pm

Ceridwyn grabbed Aeolis as he reached her and took her in his arms. She had sworn that she would not get attached to another, not in that way, but during these times it was certainly nice to have arms to run in to. She pressed her cheek against his chest and looked skyward, her heart sinking as she witnessed the dim moons above. "By the gods Aeolis, what on Krynn could cause such a thing? We beat back the Dark Queen's armies and the champions of ambient magic are dead or gone." He would know she was referring to Rorie, she had told him the story of his demise, and Shulamite, who was now the woman she was originally born to be.

"I have a very, VERY bad feeling Aeolis. You and I need to travel, tonight, and find the source of this. Every Wizard on Krynn will be disabled and lose their power if this continues. I don't know if that is the purpose or something darker but I too feel the evil that is behind this." He had not told her as such but she could feel it coming from him. She was not able to sense emotion like Rayann and Myth, but she had spent so many weeks with Aeolis alone that they had managed to really get to know one another. "We might need to solicit the aid of the Knights of Solamnia again, I say we start in that direction and see where things take us."

She looked up at him. She was so small and fragile looking, he would be able to see the dramatic concern in her eyes. It wasn't fear, he had never seen her even show an ounce of fear, this was pure concentration on the implications behind this madness, and what it meant for all of them if the moons were about to be snuffed out.

Kali was starting to feel a little better after vomiting up her whole dinner. She crinkled her nose at the taste in her mouth and could feel Rayann slipping with Shaeraer, "Give him to me mother, I can carry him. Get the staff, we must find Nol and Father." She stood on shaky legs but Rayann would be able to see she was more stable now and she extended a hand to help Rayann to her feet. Taking a deep breath she walked to the stairs, her mother following closely behind. "Lunitari help us mother, if she can..."

10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame BadrockBanner

He nodded as he effortlessly carried Pela, responding to her question, "I agree daughter, I have lived many hundreds of years on Krynn and never in my days have I experienced anything like this. We have each other, and that is what we need to hold on to for the moment."

It was such a juxtaposition, his massive sad, his facial features that made him appear to be nothing more than a meat shield of muscle, and then profound wisdom come from him. It was in fact what typically gave him the advantage in battle. He walked hurriedly with her and made his way swiftly across the countryside, never once did it feel as if his arms would waver. The sensation of nausea was finally leveling off after about an hour and he felt his stomach going back to normal. He stopped on top of a hill and looked out across the glens. They were not far from Soul's Wound and he knew they could find shelter in the mountains to the East of that cast plain. He put Pela down gently so they could both sit and catch their breath. The full moons were still dull but they seemed to be regaining a small amount of their glow. He looked up and spoke, "We will head to the hills east of Soul's Wound in Nightlund. There is a major contingency of Solamic Knights in that area. We can keep a soft eye on them and see what they do, their movement or deployment might give us some clues and lead us to the source of all this.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:28 am

10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Mythban2
Myth was taking a moments rest staring down at the plans for the rebuilt walls. Glen Durel was an impressive place but the damage dealt had given Myth a chance to improve upon things in the defensive aspect. He did promise not to make any obvious or sweeping changes. Thus far that had proven to be far easier than he had thought possible. Still there was a great deal left to do but with the aid of Nol's friends things would be done quickly.

As Myth reached for his tea he could felt the castle floor shaking beneath his feet. His brow furrowed slightly. Then a wave of nausea swept over him. It was only mildly discomforting and then he heard the sounds of tools dropping and looked to the dragons who had been working in their human guises. Many shared a look of discomfort but others looked tot he sky in horror. Myth followed there gaze and stared upon the moons as their inner light dimmed.

Myth knew this was the eve of high sanction and as such the moon's should have been a dazzling spectacle. What he saw defied all logic in his mind. Then a brief thought slipped to his mind and his concern grew. What effect had this occurance had upon his family. Myth grabbed his beloved blade off the table and made his way into the keep to find his family and to prepare to travel. He would have to return to Silvanost sooner than he had planned.

Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Everything was a misty haze to the the fire mage as she hung there in a sort of limbo quietly contemplating. She had taken a moment to admire the moons as they alighned delighting in what they were about to do. The spell that Fifth had devised would leave the gods slack jawed in shoock, but none more so than her own queen. A fitting thought considering Piramay's own past. This would help her administer some payback for the imprisonment of her former lord.

She recalled vividly weaving her hands tracing out the patterns of the spell while speaking the words of magic to give the spell life. The eruption of power had not been unexpected but the heights to which it grew towards the zenith of the spell had been, at least in her mind. She had assisted in many rituals in her life but none bore power like this. Fifth had truly outdone himself with this discovert.

As the souls begin to add fuel to the perverbial fire she remembered wanting to gasp. The magical torrent was constantly threatening to tear them both to pieces but the placement of their staffs kept the energies at bay. As the spell grew however she remembered feeling that even those would be in danger of giving away until a shield drawn fromt eh souls was errected. The sensation of being on the brink of death vanished replaced only by the feeling of absolute undeluted power.

The sensation was so remarkable that it felt as if her very soul had shivered in delight. As power shot out to create the towers she remembered her breath coming up short. Soon though she had began to worry about how the expulsion of power was going to effect her immediatly. Her seals had been left undone at Fifth's request and now worry began to grow in the depth's of her mind as a familiar warmth began to spread rapidly over her body.

In that moment she knew she would be brought to the brink of death and she could only wonder if she would be able to keep herself from falling. As the spell drew to its end exhaustion like she had never known assaulted her conciusness and the world went black leaving her were she now was.

everything was a misty haze...
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:10 pm

Fifth opened his eyes to see Piramay as the spell was concluding. He grit his teeth, he knew she was the right mage for this, he knew it in his gut from the beginning when the plan was originally hatched, and now, she had fulfilled the purpose for which she was chosen. He smiled with satisfaction and delight as the towers emerged from the depths of Krynn’s core and he fell to his knees only milliseconds after Piramay collapsed. He reached across to her, his fingertips just barely touching the back of her hand and he spoke the final word, “ReschACKV!”

The soulwell exploded, the last 100 souls, the reserve of energy that was needed to contain the entire area and protect them as they descended into the magical coma which they both knew was coming. He whispered into her mind as they both began to fade from view and their bodies were moved to their respected towers…, “sleep mighty Phoenix, sleep….. we will be reunited soon…. Sle……”

The area was blanketed in shadow that whirled with flame. Everywhere the black of death absorbed anything that came close and devoured it like a hungry beast. The shielding exploded into existence and the towers became encased in a blanket of protection. Deep within the Tower of Dim Fifth lay on a massive bed sheeted in black. He wrapped himself in the rest that would last for three months. His body barely showed any signs of life. Outside the walls of the tower the landscape was a torrent of swirling activity. Between the three towers and the apex above where the hole in the sky had torn open lightening, flame and shadow shot in random displays of power. A ward of fear also pulsed into view that would fill anyone approached with nightmares of such horror they would be repelled and flee. The area outside the warding and towers was still lush and green, but the presence of evil was obvious, the perverted and twisted ambient magic that was now flowing from the sky fracture pulsed and bathed the whole landscape in its sensation of twisted evil.

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:43 pm

Aeolis made himself a shield and support for Ceri all at the same time. As the citizens of Silvanost began to react to the horror of what was happening in their world, many of them began to run and seek their beloved family members. While Ceri was no push over by any means, her petite and obviously weakened frame would not withstand the onslaught of panic that began to arise.

Shouting commands at the guards who stood around, he ordered them to return order to the crazed people. Immediately his guards snapped out of their stupor and began to calm the Elves and help them on their way through the city. He then ordered extra guards and patrols throughout the city to insure the citizens of Silvanost were protected to the best of his ability.

As he began moving through the city with Ceri, he practically carried her without making it seem that way. He was concerned about her knowing the affect this anomaly was having upon her was worse for her than it was for him.

”I do not know who has caused this to happen but something tells me this is far more dangerous than the Dark Queen herself. This….evil….is more perverse than even SHE is.”

When she suggested they seek out the Knights again, Aeolis gave her a hard look and sighed heavily. When he reached his quarters once more, he ushered he inside and closed the door, helping her sit in a comfortable chair before he sat across from her. Leaning forward, he rested his elbows on his knees and furrowed his brows deeply as he looked into her own gaze.

”The Knights are frustrating. I know I need not tell you this but at times, they are so politically embroiled they cannot see the true dangers that exist right before their very noses for fear of stepping out of line in the political pecking order.”

He looked down at the floor and sighed heavily before he ran his hands through his hair and sat back. When he looked back at her he nodded.

”But I agree. Perhaps NOW they will see what we have been trying to tell them all along. There are some in the Orders who understand what we are trying to do. Maybe we can convince them they need to step up and voice their concerns to somehow make the more…stubborn….members of their Order take a stand. I fear if they do not….”

He shook his head and didn’t finish the sentence. There was no need to. They both knew what the ultimate outcome would be.

”I still have my bag packed from our last outing. I will gather it up now. Do you need to retrieve anything from your residence before we head out again?”

He let the slightest of smiles ease over his features then.

”I have learned to keep my things packed and ready to go at a moments notice for I never know when you will appear and request I accompany you on another outing.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:05 pm

She was thankful for his assistance, but he was being a little TOO supportive at times. She let it go, understanding the nature of men. Finally they made it back to his residence and she was able to sit, though by this point the sensations were subsiding and she was able to think again.

“I understand Aeolis, the Knights are plagued with some corruption and infighting, but there is still honor in their ranks, more than even we care to see. I think if we seek out Trystan and his two fellows we can get their full allegiance in this situation, especially since the Knights do seek to fight the evils of this world, despite the politics. Sometimes it is the horrors that unite, it’s unfortunate, but it’s reality.

She leaned back and sighed heavily as she nodded her head, “Yes, they will listen to us, but at what cost…” She turned and looked back at Aeolis, watching him and her thin, mischievous smile appeared when he mentioned keeping his bag packed. The playful lilt returned to her voice and she spoke, “Don’t flatter yourself Aeolis, Captain of the Guard, there are plenty of men that would spring at the chance for an outing with me.” She winked and giggled as he gave her THAT look and she sank into the comfy chair and waited for him to gather what he needed.

When he returned she stood and gestured to the door, “Well my lord, I suppose we trek forth yet again on a bold venture to save the world.” She winked slightly and her ability to make light of any situation filled the room with a hint of cheer. She followed him out the door and then turned to him, “There is no need to walk or ride dear friend, now that I know where we are going…” She laughed as he began to bring up his hand to protest, Aeolis so did hate transporting magically, and she couldn’t help but do it to him every chance she got. Reaching and toughing the tip of his nose they shot like a canon into the air, leaving their stomachs behind and landed almost instantly on the outskirts of Heartlund, that last place they had met with the Knights of Solamnia.

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:04 pm

Just as the protest was coming from Aeolis’ mouth, Ceri transported them to Heartlund and he instantly felt the change in the air. His eyes cast skyward and what he saw made his eyes grow wide and he whispered softly.

”By the Gods….”

The sky had been torn open, at least from what it looked like to him, and shadows and flame danced about like fairies in the night. All around him he felt a sinister evil and knew this was much larger than the Dark Queen. As he began to process everything he looked around and saw what appeared to be three towering spires that reached into the sky and this is where the whole in the sky existed. While they weren’t all that close together, he could tell they were definitely related to what was happening. But….who put them there and for what purpose? Other than the obvious, of course.

All around them panic and chaos resounded and it seemed as if the world around them was coming to an end. Immediately Aeolis started looking around to see if there was a familiar face in the panicked crowd he could flag down. Refusing to leave Ceri’s side, he finally recognized Trystan and called out to the man.

”Trystan! What in the name of the Gods has happened here?”

What ever the man was about to tell them wasn’t going to be good. Of that, Aeolis was certain. Even as he glanced down at Ceri and saw the look on her face and in the depths of her eyes.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:15 pm

Ceridwyn’s feet hit the ground and her eyes took in the horror of what had happened, and what had caused this sickening feeling. She stood in disgusted awe of the three towers in front of them, they were a ways off but they were menacing and abominable even from this distance. Instinctually she reached and touched Aeolis’ arm and though she didn’t say a word he would feel her every emotion. Any playfulness and making the best of the bad was gone, there was not a single shred of hope in her anymore, simply a sensation of, ‘how in the hell do we respond to this?’

She turned and watched as people were gathering, screaming, pointing, panicking… it was absolute Chaos and she immediately went into damage control, assisting as she could, trying to calm the crazed and strengthen the disheartened. Aeolis would see this new side of her, the calm in the storm, the quiet in the chaos. She moved with the speed and grace of a practiced magician and her words calmed all she spoke to almost instantly. Burying her own fear and concern she tended to those who needed it and her compassion as well as her care poured from her like cool springs on a hot day. She was knelt beside a mother and child when she heard Aeolis yell a name she recognized. She brushed some hair from the young mothers forehead and whispered words into her ear as she stood and ran back to Aeolis side. Trystan, the young Knight whom they had been working with rode up to them on his mount with a female Knight close behind who she didn’t recognize. His young face seemed etched with new lines of age and duty, and she could not help but notice that he was now wearing the tabard or a Knight of the Sword rather than Crown. She bowed her head respectfully as he made eye contact with her and she spoke, echoing Aeolis’ concern, “Yes, Trystan, what news?”

10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame SirTrystan

Trystan looked down at the two of them and though the place was a whirlwind of chaos he smiled and dismounted, bowing respectfully, “Friends.” He reached an arm to Aeolis and shoke the Elf’s hand and then took Ceridwyn’s hand and gently kissed the back of it stoically, “We don’t know as of yet, but the Knights have been dispatched to get some order established, then we will create a set of watch points. The few Knights that have attempted to get close have either been thrown off the backs of their horses as the beasts panicked or fled in horror themselves. Obviously the magic is incredibly powerful and the fear experienced thus far when one ventures too close has been described as ‘worse than dragon fear.’ This is my aid, Lady Kellan, Captain of the Crown. She returned from a dispatch to Nordmaar just in time to walk into this mess.” He turned and looked at her with a trusting eye. “She was my squire before she earned the rank of Postulant, and she is rising through the ranks rapidly. She can be trusted with whatever we need to discuss, she has been assigned to me until this madness is straightened out.”

Ceridwyn smiled and nodded respectfully to Kellan, “It is a pleasure to meet you Kellan, any friend of Trystan’s is worthy of our trust.” She turned back to Trystan, “Is there any theory or evidence as to what caused the appearance of the towers?”

Trystan shoke his head sadly, “No my lady, as I mentioned, anyone that has attempted to get close has been met with such intense fear they temporarily go mad. I think it doesn’t need stated however that whatever it is has ill intent.”

He was right in that regard, the sight of the towers was so horrific that there was no question about the doers intent, these tower were designed and placed with a purpose of evil in mind.

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:10 pm

Aeolis watched Ceri in this capacity and couldn’t help but wonder if there was no end to her abilities in all things. When Trystan came riding up and dismounted followed by another rider, Aeolis glanced at the other rider but focused his attention on Trystan for the moment. Clasping forearms with the Knight, he saw past the warm smile to the concern the Knight had in his steady gaze. Aeolis liked Tystan. He didn’t care much for the political game but he played it enough to advance his rankings. When Aeolis saw the Knight had advanced to the next level of Order, he smiled and congratulated the man.

”Congratulations, Sir Knight. It is good to see you have made your way into the Order of the Sword. I am very glad for you. You deserve it, my friend.”

As Aeolis heard the Knight introduce Kellan, his aide, he finally looked beyond the man to see the female who stood behind him a pace. When she stepped forward to make a formal greeting, Aeolis blinked then looked to Trystan then back to Kellan.

”Yes. As Ceri has said, we trust Tyrstan’s word. It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Kellan.”

10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Warrior_female

Kellan easily dismounted from her steed and stood just behind Trystan as he spoke to the Elves. Shed seen them many times before and knew they were trying to get the Knights to aid in battling the Dark Queen. While she and Trystan agreed with their thinking, trying to get through the red tape of the political aspect of the Orders was nearly impossible. Perhaps now, though…..

When Trystan introduced her to the others, Kellan stepped forward and bowed her head respectfully to Ceridwyn and Aeolis. She stood rather tall for a woman, reaching almost six feet. Her hair was a light blond color that looked like corn silk but it reached only to her shoulders. Large, light brown eyes seemed to shimmer when she looked at things. She was slim but obvious she was female. Not only because her armor was made for a woman but because she had delicate features for her tall size. Even her hands looked delicate for the profession she was in. Reaching forward, she clasped Aeolis’ forearm in the same manner as Trystan had. She smiled warmly.

[I”]It’s a pleasure to meet both of you. Sir Trystan has spoken very highly of you.”[/i]

She stepped back and listened to Trystan talk to Ceridwyn and Aeolis letting them know what they had discovered so far. She nodded in agreement to what Trystan stated about the ill intent and she added her own comment.

”We can’t help but think this has something to do with the missing Knights we’ve been searching for over the past few weeks. How, we’re not sure, but there’s no such thing as coincidence.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 10:27 am

Ceridwyn looked at Aeolis and then to Kellan, “Missing Knights?” Her face suddenly went blank and she turned, walking away from them a moment. She bowed her head and was obviously doing something. After a moment she returned, her face grave and solemn, “The Knights you are seeking are dead Lady Kellan. We only found out yesterday. The whole of Northkeep is destroyed. Apparently the whole town was conquered many weeks ago but a powerful cloaking spell was placed over the entire area. I am actually surprised that you don’t know of this by now but, the entire detachment of Solamic Knights in that region are dead, save a few. Sir Rausley, a Knight of the Sword reported to one of the Council Members just yesterday this news. As I said, I only just found out myself.”

She looked at Trystan and Kellan, knowing that Northkeep would have significance for them, it was a major staging area for the Knights of Solamnia, and as such it’s sacking would not be an easy pill to swallow. “I …. I’m sorry to have to be the one to tell you.”

Trystan’s face went pale and he looked at Kellan and spoke with baffled curiosity as Ceridwyn delivered the news, “The whole detachement? How is that even possible? There were over 400 Knights around Northkeep! What force on Krynn could possibly wipe them all out?” Ceridwyn’s face went even paler than normal, it was obvious that she didn’t know, but the expression she gave was clear, it was NOT the Dark Queen’s forces. “We don’t know Trystan, as I said, we just received this information. Whoever did it hid their actions from the outside world, the warding just lifted yesterday so that we could discover the truth.” She turned and looked at the three towers again, her eyes narrowing on the sight of them, “But somehow I am starting to think that all this is connected…”

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 10:58 am

10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Warrior_female

”By the Gods….”

Kellan’s voice was barely audible when she spoke. Her face went pale and she felt her knees buckle hearing this news. Forcing herself to remain standing, she listened to what Ceridwyn said and kept a stoic, unreadable look upon her face. But her eyes did well up and she swallowed hard several times to keep from letting the tears fall. She had friends in Nothkeep, just like the others did. But she also had a brother there as well and to know he was….dead….brought a profound sense of loss to her. Taking several deep breaths and blinking a few times, she regained control of her composure and clamped down upon her emotions. Her time to grieve would come later. Right now, they had to figure out what was happening around them.

Exchanging glances with Trystan, she knew the news as troubling to him as well. Now, more than ever, she was glad she had squired under Trystan. He taught her everything she knew about being a Knight thus far. Even when he wasn’t instructing her one on one she learned from him. Like now. While the news was nothing less than devastating, he remained focus on the matter at hand. The loss of Northkeep was a strategic nightmare now. But the loss of life was even more tragic. And they had to break the news to the others still. Things always got worse before they got better. And right now, they were pretty bad. Nodding in agreement with Ceridwyn, she finally found the strength to speak without sounding too emotional.

”What ever we’re about to deal with is something none of us have ever had to deal with before. It goes without saying we had best prepare for the worst but hope for the best. And yes, Lady Ceridwyn….I agree. This is somehow all connected. That is for definite."

Aeolis blinked when Ceridwyn delivered the news of Northkeep. All the Knights were gone? His own thoughts mirrored Trystan’s words. What ever they were dealing with here was an evil far worse than that of the Dark Queen’s. He wouldn’t doubt that even SHE was surprised by these turn of events. Furrowing her brows and hardening his facial expressions, he looked to Ceri, Trystan and Kellan.

”I would say it is time for us to come together and try to figure out what is happening and how to combat it. I refuse to believe there is no way for us to do so but I am not so naïve to think it will be an easy task either. Now, more than ever, Krynn needs all of us to put our differences aside. And it needs to begin here. With us.”

Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:14 am

Ceridwyn could see the emotional tidal wave that came over Kellan, being a woman she could sense there was something deeper than just sadness. Of course she could not read the young Knight’s mind, but she could speak to her empathically, even though Kellan would not be able to respond in the same manner. She sent a soothing missive to Kellan’s mind, ~ ‘Rest easy Lady Kellan, I know not what grieves you but you must have lost something of significance at Northkeep, that is obvious by your facial expression. Sometime, when we are alone, we can discuss it.’ ~ She noted the strange expression on Kellan’s face when her voice entered the young Knight’s mind and when Kellan turned to look at her Ceridwyn only smiled reassuringly. It was a smile that would not give away to the others that she was communicating with Kellan privately.

Ceridwyn turned and smiled proudly as Aeolis spoke, how far he had come in so little time. Nine months ago he might very well have been the one arguing in the Speaker of the Stars hall that it was best to leave the humans to themselves and concentrate on protecting the Elven lands. Now however, here he was, standing in human territory, drawing a line in the sand and standing up for the good of the planet and not just his people. She reached and touched his arm, a shot of energy left her unintentionally as she did so and she withdrew slightly, blushing at this faux pas and break in her demeanor. She looked at him apologetically when he turned in surprise and she smiled in embarrassment.

Trystan’s face sunk and he turned to look at Kellan when the news was delivered. He knew her older brother, he had been granted the Knight of the Rose rank only 10 months ago. He stayed silent regarding that matter, noting that she was welling up and barely keeping herself together, understandably. He tried to smile reassuringly, but he too was feeling the deep emotional lose of so many comrades and friends. “You are right Aeolis, Now is the time to fully commit to one another. We breached the gap three months ago, and together Elves and Humans beat the Dark Queen’s forces from these lands. I can speak for the commanders, I assure you they will not allow this evil to remain without our best efforts to fight it!”

He extended his arm to Aeolis, his face like stone, “We fight, and we die if necessary to rid Krynn of this evil!”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10: Interests of Shadow and Flame   10:  Interests of Shadow and Flame Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10: Interests of Shadow and Flame
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next