Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

8: Eye of the Storm

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

8: Eye of the Storm Empty
PostSubject: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:56 pm

8: Eye of the Storm KaliRed

Kali exploded out of the top floor of the tower, rocketing down the staircase and dashing through the kitchen. Rayann and Myth looked up with surprise as she went shooting by them like a comet and dashed outside across the emerald green grass. From the massive windows that ran along the wall they would see Kali searching the morning skies, her hand shield her eyes from the sun. There was a rush of wind as the wings of a silver dragon bucked the air beneath them and Nol came over the roof and landed morphing into his Elven form just in time for Kali to leap into his embrace and throw her own arm around his neck. It had been five months since he was called to duty to fight the forces of the Dark Queen and Kali had missed him terribly. The two spun and danced as they felt each other’s touch again for a moment and then Kali reared her head back slightly as she touched Nol across his cheekbone. before coming into the castle of Glen Durel, hand in hand.

Nol let go of Kali’s hand and walked over to Myth as he stood to great him. Nol extended his hand and grasped Myth by the forearm before pulling the fellow warrior into a one armed hug with a hefty slap on the back for good measure. As he withdrew Myth would see that the place Kali had touched was brandishing a fresh scar. Nol noticed Myth looking and nodded gently with a smile, “Yes, a little souvenir from a red dragon that refused to see things my way,” He reached into his pocket and removed a chunk of red dragon scale, handing it to Myth, “The fellow did not fare as well as I.” He winked and turned to Rayann, she was on her feet now, 8 months pregnant and Nol laughed joyfully, “Well LOOK at you now! WOW, I can’t believe I have missed the whole thing, a pity, I was looking forward to watching the progress of Kali growing inside you.” He leaned forward and hugged Rayann warmly over her belly and then stepped back, looking at them all, “It’s good to be back with you again.”

Nol went outside with Myth and sat on the porch, Kali watched and though she couldn’t hear them she knew they were talking about the last five months of his battles against the Queen’s forces. Kali turned and looked at Rayann, “It is so nice to see him again, I was beginning to wonder if he was ever coming back, not because of a change of heart mind you… but because he had been killed.” Kali’s emotions and outlook had grown immensely in the last six months. Her outlook on life was that of a person who had been informed they were dying and was trying to live every day as if it were their last. Every day she seemed to be even more chipper and happy than the day before, and the new glow on her face thanks to Nol’s arrival would be clear to Rayann.

She turned back to watch her father and Nol, and after taking them in for a moment she turned to Rayann who was rubbing the front of her belly a little, speaking with a wide smile, “Am I kicking again?”
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:58 pm

8: Eye of the Storm RayannRed

Rayann had been about to take a sip of tea when Kali came bursting through the kitchen. Had she not felt her daughter’s excitement the moment she burst out of the top floor rooms she would have no doubt spilled the contents of the delicate cup. As she heard the flapping of the giant wings se knew a particular Silver Dragon had returned from a particularly rough time in Krynn.

As Rayann and Myth watched the reunion of the two she looked over at Myth and smiled. She knew exactly how Kali felt. It was the same way she felt every time Myth would come back to Glen Durel after he had to return to Silvanost for things that needed his attention. While her joyous exuberance was a little less enthusiastic now that her stomach protruded quite a bit, she knew he was aware of how much she rejoiced in his return. On the flip side, she kept her disappointment if his leaving well tempered so he wouldn’t feel it.

When Kali and Nol walked back in, Rayann saw the twinkle return to Kali’s eyes that had been missing for the past few months. Rayann watched Nol exchange a greeting with Myth and when he turned his attention to her, she saw the scar on his cheek and gasped softly. But when he pointed out her swollen abdomen, she felt a flush to her cheek and inclined her head respectfully.

~It’s been strange watching my daughter take such an interest in her own creation. But I’m glad to have you back with us.~

While she knew Kali missed the dragon Rayann had to admit she missed his quiet presence as well. As the men excused themselves to talk privately about things they didn’t necessarily need the women to hear, Rayann looked at Kali and smiled. She had grown so much over the past few months emotionally and mentally. The attitude Kali had taken was one Rayann herself had come to accept as well. After the three of them had discussed the matter in depth after the initial shock had worn off and they could speak about it with open minds and hearts, they all knew they would do what needed to be done to insure Kali lived.

As though to remind her mother she was very much alive within her, Rayann felt a small foot kick rather hard and she instantly placed her hand over the area to try and calm the active child that grew each day within her body. When Kali turned around and looked at her mother then asked if she was kicking, Rayann chuckled and nodded.

~I’s more like when AREN’T you kicking now. You’re even keeping your father awake most nights now. If he does not feel you kick his back the bed moves with your activity and he awakens thinking something is happening. And it is, just not the way he thinks.~

Rayann walked over to Kali and tucked some hair behind her ear as she smiled lovingly at her daughter.

~You’re a true gift to anyone you meet, Kali. No matter what happens, I will always know that in my heart.~

She glanced towards the men then back to Kali as she felt the child within her settle down once more.

~I have an idea they’ll be out there for a while. Why don’t we go for a walk? I could use the exercise. Or better yet. You could use the exercise. You seem happiest when I’m either practicing my magic or actively doing something. You don’t like it when I try to sit still….unless it’s to study.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:13 am

Kali laughed and nodded, taking her mother by the arm and leading her out the front gate of the castle. They walked over the bridged moat and into the front gardens. “I never realized I was as feisty in the womb as I would be as an adult.” She turned to Rayann and chuckled. “But I suppose that was to be expected.”

Kali could feel her mother’s heartbeat, and the heartbeat of the child within her. She found it incredible that she could already feel the presence of the fetus, even unborn their families unique ability to “know” where each other were fascinated her. There were no thoughts yet, but she could feel that the child was growing and comfortable. She smiled and turned again to Rayann, “I can tell I’m happy in there, I’m glad that my life will start out in a happy place, with stable parents.” Rayann felt Kali’s thoughts drift slightly as she studied the landscape. She was thinking of the upcoming battle with Rorie again, curious if he would use a distraction as he was want to do, or would he just come in head first, through the portal. What time of day, under what spells, the options he had were limited now that they knew he was coming…

She turned and looked at her mother who was watching her, knowing that she was focusing on the upcoming confrontation again, “Sorry Mom, I can’t help it. I just want to be prepared is all. Funny thing is, we know it’s after I am born, and who knows if I will drop dead right as I enter the world as a child… I mean, there are so many unknowns, so I am just trying to focus on the things that I DO know. You and I and dad have covered the details to the letter, I just can’t stop planning sometimes….” She smiled and exhaled a deep breath, “OK, no more thinking of the fight, How are you feeling mom? You are waddling today a little more than usual.” She winked and poked her mom in the ribs a little in jest.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:38 am

Rayann chuckled as she walked arm and arm with Kali into the gardens that gave Glen Durel such a vibrant wash of colors.

~Why should you be any different in the womb as you are outside of it? Besides, I’ve grown used to your constant moving. It was strange at first but now, it’s normal. In fact, I find myself worrying when I DON’T feel you move.~

As Kali’s thoughts turned to the impending battle with Rorie, Rayann patted Kali’s hand letting her know her mother was well aware of what plagued her mind. When Kali looked at her and saw the look Rayann was giving her, she apologized.

~It’s an inherited trait from your father, Kali. You can’t help but become the tactician. It’s in your blood. Don’t fret yourself about it too much right now, though. Nol has returned and you should let your mind be free of worry and enjoy his company. We’ll face what ever Rorie has planned together. And with the practice we’ve had over the past few months, you and I have gotten stronger in our magic and with Lunitari’s grace; she has helped us learn the art of neutrality.~

When Kali asked how she was feeling, Rayann smiled and laughed as her ribs were poked. In response, the child within her kicked suddenly causing Rayann to gasp then chuckle. Today she was not wearing her robes and had decided to just wear a comfortable dress she found in her mother's things. From the sheer amount of material alone Rayann knew it was something Deidre wore in the latter months of pregnancy when she carried the twins. And the lightweight of the fabic made Rayann not feel so bulky, even though her abdomen protruded quite a bit now.

~I’m feeling tired but other than that, I feel great. As long as you don’t kick too hard, like you just did. And I waddle because the child I carry has taken it upon herself to rest in a most uncomfortable way this morning. I’ve noticed your kicking is more to one side now. I suspect you are in the process of turning so you will be ready to be born. At least I hope that’s what you’re doing but sometimes I wonder if you aren’t practicing some sort of fighting skills.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:25 pm

Kali laughed and patted Rayann’s belly, “I am not much of a fighter, perhaps I am practicing my hand movements for when I learn my incantations.” She giggled and nodded her head as Rayann gave her ‘motherly’ advice, “I know you are right mom, I suppose mom’s are always supposed to be right. It’s just crazy because I don’t WANT to be sitting here strategizing all the time but it just starts happening. You are right, I need to focus on Nol’s return, and give him my time right now. I just hope and pray he won’t be called off again, unfortunately with the reentry of dragons into the world the best defense is for the chromatic dragons to fight. I know he loves the thrill of battle, but I can sense his mind getting weary of it, I suppose in a way we all are.” She paused a minute and then looked at Rayann, forcing a smile, “That’s the burden of being invaded I suppose, and there is the part of me that can’t help feeling somewhat responsible. I sat at that strategy table countless times portioning up Ansalon and figuring out the best approach to crush the whole continent under the boot of slavery, it’s still a jagged pill to swallow sometimes.”

She sighed heavily and felt her mother stumble slightly, her body becoming more off balance and her joints loosening for the impending delivery. She adjusted her weight and helped get Rayann back onto her feet with a soft chuckle, “Wow Mother, I don’t know how you are enduring all this.” She laughed and shoke her head, “Are you and Ceridwyn talking about the details of the delivery yet? I spoke with her a few nights ago, she came by for her weekly visit when you were sleeping so we chatted a while, she is beside herself with excitement, it’s not every person that gets to deliver a baby that’s already been born.” She chuckles again, “Anyway, I told her that you were doing well and eating, but that I was not allowing you to cast as much, as she suggested, and you were assigned to mostly studying magic rather than practicing it.”

They stopped on top of the hill that lead over the hills and turned around, looking back at Glen Durel. This was Kali’s favorite view of their ancestral home. The castle was modest in size for a castle, large enough to house those who lived there with plenty of room, but also not a huge, gaudy blight on the landscape. The large lake behind it was glistening and the small island that the castle sat on made the place look picturesque. The draw bridge was down and the gardens behind the castle were in full bloom, as usual thanks to the magic surrounding the place. The mists coming off the water behind the castle gave the whole scene a breath taking appearance and Kali inhaled a deep, happy breath, “I am REALLY looking forward to growing up here.”

Rayann could hear the determination in her voice, it was a trait that had really developed over the last few months. Kali had drawn a mental line in the sand, and it was a constant reference point as she planned and studied. It was a marker to which she would not allow Rorie to cross, and behind that line was the infant version of herself. She would go to the mat and do everything in her power to insure the lifestyle of this child was not altered like hers had been, and unconsciously her face had changed, almost turning to stone as she stared at the gorgeous scene before them.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:03 pm

Rayann loved the feel of the breeze that was constant to Glen Durel as they walked along. it was the one thing she remembered most about growing up here. All the time she spent outside, no matter what time of year it was. And she enjoyed sharing this time with Kali. She made it a point to make sure they took daily walks like this to share their thoughts with each other and to let each other know no matter what happens, they shared a deep and binding love that only a mother and daughter could share.

~Constant fighting can wear a person, or dragon, down, Kali. The chaos it brings affects not only the body but the mind and spirit as well. There isn’t a place in a beings life battle doesn’t touch when thrown in the middle of it. I can feel that same weariness in your father when he returns here after he leaves for Silvanost. That’s why I want Glen Durel to be a place of harmony and peace. A place where we, all of us, can escape the harsh realities of the world of fighting for a while and rest our mind, body, and spirit.~

Knowing Kali felt partially responsible for her past deeds, Rayann touched her daughter’s hand with her own.

~You can’t help what happened ion the past, Kali. Don’t beat yourself up over it. All we can do now is look for the future. While some of it may not seem all that bright, we do know that we will have each other no matter what. And I imagine a certain silver dragon will do all he can to make sure he has the chance to have you in his life again as well.~

Rayann furrowed her brows slightly when she felt herself stumble causing Kali to help her. While Kali didn’t mind in the least, Rayann didn’t want to make Kali feel as though she had to help. Even though she was glad for the assistance. Chuckling softly, she shook her head.

~I’m not the first pregnant woman in Krynn and I certainly won’t be the last. I endure it like all of those before me. But I will say this, while I love being pregnant, I will be glad when I can look down and see my feet again while I’m standing up.~

When Kali mentioned Ceridwyn, Rayann smiled and nodded.

~The woman has planned everything right down to the minutest detail. I’ve never seen anyone so excited about a birth before. Other than you, of course. But I’m glad she’ll be hereto help. She’s become a dear friend these past few months and I can’t even begin to let her know how much she means to me. And it seems as though she and Aeolis have struck up quite the friendship. Maybe one day it will grow into something more. Although they both seem rather focused on the events that are taking place on Ansalon.~

When they reached the top of the hill and turned to look at the castle and the grounds around it, Rayann inhaled deeply then slowly eased her frame down onto the cool, soft grass to stretch her legs out in front of her and look over the scene like Kali was. When she looked over at her daughter, Rayann saw and felt the determination and reached over to take Kali’s hand in hers. They could see Myth and Noll talking as the women looked out over the beauty before them.

~And your father and I are going to LOVE raising you here and in Silvanost when things finally are safe for you there. And I imagine a trip or three to the Myst Isle will be in order as well~

The smile she had quickly changed as she felt another pain from her body. This one was a little different than a simple kick and while it lasted a little longer than the feel of the kick, it was gone in a few seconds. Seeing the look on Kali’s face, Rayann chuckled softly and assured her daughter everything was fine.

~Apparently this is normal, according to Ceridwyn. She told me I can expect these sort of things from now until you’re born.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:35 pm

Kali nodded and looked at her mother, “I know that my past is behind me, but it’s easier to let go than forget. I just want to make up for it somehow, I know I don’t have to, but it would help me settle things. As for Nol, I do hope that he is here when the moment of truth comes. There is also the possibility that he can’t be involved. When we took Glen Durel back he had to side step and allow us to face things without his aid, there is the chance he won’t be able to because of the nature of what is going to happen. Nol is complex, I think that is what I like about him, there is always a mystery to solve, he won’t tell me anything and it drives me insane but it also causes me be more drawn in by him. I don’t know, I think he does it to toy with me.” She smiled and lay beside Rayann, kicking off her shoes and leaning back on her arms to soak in the sun. Like her mother, she was not wearing her robes or any of her wizards clothing for that matter. She was dressed in a simple, red linen dress, belted at the waist with a white cord and red slipper like shoes.

“Mmmmm, the sun feels so good today; it’s perfect, so comforting and unaffected by the unfortunate events going on all around us here.” She flipped her head forward and her honey blond hair flew in all directions, coming to rest unsettled across her face and down the front of her shoulders. “I wonder what those two are talking about down there…”

Nol and Myth were still on the porch, Nol was making animated motions with his arms while her father lulled his head back, obviously laughing. Kali smiled widely and turned to Rayann, “Whatever it is dad finds it funny. He’s probably telling him about some idiot Draconian that spun left instead of right and lost his head in the process.” She laughed and laid back, looking at the sky, “I wish these days could be paused, it’s been so quiet and uneventful, for the first time in my life I feel at peace.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Rayann felt the child within her body grow restless once more and she slid her hand over her swollen abdomen in a gentle, circular motion to see if that would help calm the baby. As she watched Nol and Myth talk, she saw the things Kali was referring to and looked over at Kali smiling.

~It’s good to see your father laughing like that. It’s been too long since I last saw him enjoying a conversation. When he returns from Silvanost I can feel the trouble within his mind is more than the time before. I know he’s strong, but I can’t help but worry about him.~

She looked at the men again and dropped her hand as the baby settled finally.

~As powerful and knowledgeable as dragons are, they cannot interfere in the affairs of humanoids. There’s no doubt in my mind he wanted to do something but if he did, he would have upset the delicate balance we’re trying to restore. While it may sound cruel to others, you and I know sometimes your only response has to be no response at all. That way you are not tempted to do something that will cause either side to have more than the other. It’s the gift and bane of neutrality. And it’s been one of the most difficult things for me to learn.~

Rayann looked over at Kali again and tucked some hair behind her ear again as she smiled lovingly at her daughter. She could feel that peace radiating throughout her daughter and knew what Kali was referring to.

~I’m glad we could bring you peace like this, Kali. It means so much to me and your father. And it’s precisely why I decided to stay here to give birth to you instead of going anywhere else. I want this to be your home as much as it was mine.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:33 am

Kali smiled and nodded as Rayann spoke to her, never taking her face away from the sky and sun above them, “Knowing that as an infant I will have a stable life and upbringing, that is what really matters to me.” She didn’t seem to have a shred of doubt in her voice, Rayann would be able to hear the undertones of “whatever it takes” weaving their way through her words. The look on Kali’s face was one of peace and balance, and though there were parts of her planning and strategy she was keeping locked in her brain for now, not allowing anyone access, Rayann would understand that the motivations were pure and motivated out of love. Kali had grown into a determined woman with a mission, it was obvious that her heritage was playing a major part, as well as the iron hard will she was made to learn while living in the Dark Queen’s palace.

“Well mother, I think we should be getting back, too much sun isn’t good for you either, besides, breakfast is done and I have loitered long enough, I have studies and research to do.” She smiled brightly and stood, offering a hand to Rayann to aid her in standing. Kali walked slowly beside her mother, her thoughts beginning to creep to what she would study today. Since Nol had left so many months ago Kali had devoured every book in the castle she could get her hands on, others still required her to figure out the magic codes to decipher, but she had pressed herself to the limits of gaining magical knowledge. Her tenacity had increased her magic many times over, and there were nights that Rayann would hear her whispering. The visits to Kali from Papa had become much more frequent, and he was interacting with her much more during those visits. Though he never spoke, Kali would, and he would respond with non-verbal communications. She kept these visits to herself, and never spoke of them anymore, they were simply something she held sacred and never felt the need to share them.

Mother and daughter crossed the bridge and entered the castle again. Nol and Myth were still on the back lawn talking. Kali looked at Rayann and hugged her warmly, “If you need me I will be on the top level studying, if Nol needs me you can let him know where I am.” She smiled lovingly and kissed her mother on the cheek before disappearing through the heavy door that lead to the underground passage that ended below the Tower of Kells.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:55 am

Rayann watched Kali slip away and smiled as she watched her daughter’s retreating back. As each day grew closer to the birth, Rayann was both excited and anxious. It was only human nature to be. She had discussed it at length with Ceridwyn and the two women had come to the conclusion Rayann was experiencing the same thing all women did when it got closer to the birth of the child they carried. The only difference with this birth was the events they knew would take place after the baby was born.

Sighing, she turned and walked towards the kitchen once more and prepared a pot of tea knowing Myth would enjoy a cup of it after his came back into the castle. With that completed, she walked back through the castle to a room her mother used to call her ‘sitting’ room. It was a bright room with windows on two sides. Within the room were books Rayann had studied and some other womanly things.

One of the things she was working on was a delicate needlepoint design she found when she went through her mother’s things. It was a similar one in her a Rorie’s rooms Deidre had worked on when she was pregnant and like her mother; Rayann took delight in the simple, menial task of creating what was a hand crafted birth announcement to be hung on the wall of the child’s room.

Of course as she worked on the stitching, she had a book laid out on a table next to the comfortable chair near the window that allowed her to study some spells. Like Kali, Rayann had gone through the books and found several she practically drooled over. As she felt Kali settle on the upper level of the Tower, she felt Myth still in the rear gardens with Nol and she smiled.

Peace and tranquility was a rare thing these days in Krynn and she was so glad they had just that here, at Glen Durel.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:27 pm

8: Eye of the Storm CeriBanner

Ceridwyn appeared with a flash of light in the main greeting hall, just inside the door. She brushed off her robes, smoothing them gently and looked around. The castle seemed empty but she could sense that its occupants were home. Gently she reached out with her mind speaking, ~ ‘Rayann, are you awake?’ ~

Rayann responded and informed Ceri as to her whereabouts. She smiled and moved up the stairs to the second room, knowing the way to the ‘sitting room’ and gently opened the door. Her slender form slipped into the room and when she saw Rayann her face glowed with joy at seeing her dear friend, “My goodness child, you are simply … pregnant!” She laughed, Rayann’s condition was such at this stage her pregnancy was unmistakable and Ceridwyn took joy in constantly reminding her in a fun way. She walked over and embraced Rayann as friends are want to do and then stood back, taking Rayann’s hands and lifting her arms to shoulder height so she could get a good look. “My my my.” She smiled and shoke her head with happiness.

Helping Rayann sit again she spoke, “So how are you feeling today Rayann? I came by a few days ago but you were asleep and I didn’t want to disturb you.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Rayann was glad for the visit from Ceridwyn. It didn’t go unnoticed by the woman the Elfess was making her visits a bit more frequently now either. Laughing softly as Ceridwyn made mention the obvious; Rayann shook her head as well. Once she was settled back in the comfortable chair, Rayann nodded.

~I feel well, Ceri. I find I tire easily more lately but I suppose that’s to be expected. It seems my daughter is quite active inside the womb as she outside of it. I know I won’t be the only one glad when she makes her way into the world. Myth, I feel, will soon seek sleeping arrangements in another room with the lack of sleep his daughter is causing him to suffer.~

Looking across at Ceri, Rayann’s face grew sober then.

~So tell me, my friend. How are things going? Really? Nol returned and he is sporting a new scar. I could tell he’s weary but I didn’t pry. He and Myth stepped outside to discuss matters so I’m sure there’s something afoot. Other than what we know for certain that will happen in the near future. Did Aeolis accompany you this time or have you left him alone once more?~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:08 pm

Ceridwyn smiled as she sat across from Rayann and nodded, “Yes, yes, Kali is apparently bent on living her life in constant motion from inception right on through isn’t she.”

She noted Rayann’s somber face and she nodded gently, her own face beginning to reflect the seriousness of the situation in their world. “Well, the good news is Sylvanesti is still controlled by the Elves. The bad news, is that we are still being targeted and incursions into Sylvan lands are becoming more and more frequent. As I originally suspected I think that the area is being targeted by the dark forces as a political and psychological move. Unfortunately Elf politics are still getting in the way of true alliance with the humans, but we have some contingencies of Knights of Solamnia as well as other warriors patrolling the borders to aid us. The distrust between humans and Elves has always been from our side of the fence.” She pointed to herself.

“I have reservations about making a call on the potential outcome really, poor Myth’alas has had his hands full trying to keep the defensive measures in place. As for Aeolis, he is a new creature really, since we made contact with the Knights and gave them every bit of intelligence we have on the matter there has been good cooperation strategically, but the meetings are always needing to be held outside of Sylvanesti lands. Myth’alas has been doing what he can to allow them access to Silvanost but even the prince is incapable of bending the right political ears. I assume that the exhaustion you are sensing from him is purely a mental state. At least the Council of White robes is cooperating, and they have aided tremendously in bolstering defensive wardings around our more vulnerable points.”

She quirked a brow as she saw Rayann lift herself in her seat slightly and then heard the deep exhalation of breath as she settled back into her seat. She walked over and knelt at her feet, bringing her hand up over Rayann’s womb she let her palm hover about half an inch over Rayann’s skin and whispered words of magic. Her hand glowed warmly and she moved it in a circular pattern over the whole area and then looked up at Rayann with a bright smile, “Congratulations Rayann, you are officially in labor.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:25 pm

~Politics. Even the name sounds unwelcoming. I can honestly say, while I may be Myth’s wife, I am glad I don’t have to embroil myself in any of that. I simply don’t have the patience for such squabbling. I honestly don’t know how Myth and you deal with it.~

Rayann just simply couldn’t get comfortable today no matter what she did. Kali, it seemed, was more restless today than usual and no matter what Rayann did the child simply wouldn’t settle. While she endured most of the discomfort internally every now and then she would get so uncomfortable she had to take a deep breath and let it out.

~I’m glad to hear the Commander has turned over a new leaf. I suppose when one comes so close to death and yet finds a way to cheat it you can’t help but become a new person.~

Rayann let a sly smile ease over her features then.

~Has he tried to court you yet? And don’t give me that look. I see the way he looks at you sometimes. I know you’re devoted to your study of magic and he’s devoted to his duty as well, but I still say you shouldn’t dismiss the idea entirely.~

The discomfort Rayann had been experiencing since the wee hours of the morning was growing worse with each passing hour and within the past hour it her discomfort level seemed to have increased. Once more trying to settle herself she quirked a brow when Ceri knelt before her then announced she was in labor.

Rayann blinked and her mouth slacked open slightly. There was a mixture of disbelief and fear in her eyes.

~What? Already? But……it’s too soon. I mean….I thought I had another month before the baby would be born. Are you sure, Ceri?~

As if to answer the question for her, Rayann felt an ache in her lower back she associated normally with her usual monthly cycle but since she hadn’t had one in a few months, she had all but forgotten about it. She glanced down at her swollen abdomen then back up to Ceri, her eyes wide.

~You knew. Didn’t you? That's why you came to visit.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:57 pm

Ceri smiled gently when Rayann mentioned Aeolis. “Well, there is no question he has become infatuated with me however I couldn’t, even if I wanted to. I had my love of a lifetime, and he is gone now. I simply couldn’t betray the memory of him by uniting with another.” It was the first time that Ceri had ever brought this information up to Rayann, there was the very brief mention of knowing what it was like to lose a child when they first met, but nothing had been mentioned about it since. Ceri smiled warmly the look on her face suggesting this was perhaps a subject that was better left for a later discussion date and stood to her feet. She took Rayann gently by the hand and helped her to her feet. When Rayann mentioned if Ceri knew, she simply winked and didn’t say a word.

“Oh Rayann, I am quite certain you are in labor. We need to get you to the birthing table. Based on what I am sensing you have been in labor quite a while and simply didn’t know. I assure you that your baby is to term, at this point the child will only get larger, everything is fully developed. It’s time for Kali to meet her parents.”

She helped Rayann to the room that had been set up for this very day, the clean towels and water basins had been brought in and everything had been prepared. Ceri reached into the magic field and sent a missive to Myth’alas, Kali, and Nol, she also allowed Rayann to hear, ~ ‘It would appear that the Mistress of the house is about to become a mother, and by the sensations I am receiving I would guess you don’t have much time to get here.’ ~

She aided Rayann up onto the comfortable table and went to a small room on the side to change.

Kali appeared in the room with a bright red flash and looked around, running to the tableside and grabbing her mother’s hand. The look on her face was one of absolute joy as she could barely find the words to speak, “I can’t believe it!! I thought we had more time! My goodness! To think when you were on the hill it was labor pains!” She laughed and looked around the room, hearing Ceridwyn whistling a little tune in the small changing room to the side, “OK OK… I will go warm the water and bring it into the basins! Tell Ceri to not let you have the baby until I get back!” She winked in her jest and evaporated from sight as she fetched the water to put into the basins.

Returning in a flash just as Ceridwyn was emerging from the changing room she screamed with joy and poured the water into the large basin set beside the birthing table. She waved her hand gently and hissed the ancient words of magic, the water began to heat from beneath and just the slightest amount of gentle steam could be seen forming above. “Just let me know what you need me to do Ceri and I will do it!”

Ceridwyn smiled and responded, “Just listen to your mother and always do as she says… OH! You mean right now!!” She giggled and Kali burst out laughing, Ceridwyn had more than revealed her try, jovial nature over the last few months and Kali felt Ceri was almost like a sister than a friend. “OK Kali, in all seriousness, move around here and help hold your mothers leg up… that’s right.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:28 pm

It was all happening so fast. Rayann was certain they had more time to prepare but as she was discovering, and quickly, some things simply wouldn’t wait any longer. It was no secret Rayann was nervous about the birth. What woman isn’t? While she tried to keep this from Myth and Kali she knew they had both sensed it from her more than once before she could but a cap on it. But now, she knew all of her concentration would be put on making sure the birth of the child she carried happened without trouble.

Like Ceri, Rayann had changed as well and when she was helped onto the table, she felt another nagging pain in her back. As Kali appeared, she couldn’t help but chuckle softly at the girl’s enthusiastic excitement. Taking Kali’s hand in hers, she held it tight and smiled at her daughter as she spoke excitedly about what was about to happen.

~I’m glad you’re here to share your excitement with me, Kali. I’d hate to think what I’d be like if you weren’t.~

There was some jest in her words but they were serious as well. As Kali slipped off to do what Ceri needed her to do then return in a flash of red then start heating the water, a flash of silver came next and with it the presence of Nol and Myth. The dragon stood off to the side as the flurry of activity began to happen.

Rayann reached for Myth when she felt a particularly hard pain and realized Ceri was right on the nose. She’d been in labor since the wee hours of the morning and now that she was closer to giving birth, the pains were becoming harder and closer together. As soon as Myth took her hand in his, he heard her soft voice in his mind. While it was strained he could tell she was trying to be brave for him more than anyone.

~At least your sleep will not be interrupted by a kick to the small of your back now. Or the feel of the bed shaking.~

The grip she had on his hand tightened as another pain racked her body and she closed her eyes clenching her jaw as she worked through it. Several more of those type of pains hit her and it seemed to Rayann as if there was no break ion them. In reality, there was a few moments between each contraction that she was able to take a few breaths. A fine sheen of perspiration formed on her brow and face as she worked through the pain with Myth and Kali’s help.

While it was no time at all, Rayann heard Ceri’s voice telling her to push. With each new pain Rayann felt she was instructed to push and with Kali and Myth’s help, she pushed with every ounce of her being. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity she heard Ceri’s voice give an excited cry and soon after the sound of an infant’s cry fill the room. Tears sprung to her eyes as she heard the cries of the child she and Myth had created and she looked up at him as the tears slipped out of the corner of her eyes. Using his native language, she smiled through her tears as she spoke to his mind.

~ Mela en' coiamin. Amin harmuva onalle e' cormamin. Ten'oio (Love of my life, I shall treasure you in my heart. Forever) Our child has finally arrived.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:08 pm

Ceri got into position and the birth went as smoothly as one could hope. Finally Ceri could see the head crowning and she coached Rayann, “Come on Ray, you have this, I can see her head. Push on the next contraction and we will have it!”

The next contraction hit and Rayann pushed, the head came with ease and Ceridwyn whispered as she began to cry, “I can see her face, ok Ray, hold now hold and push on the next contraction.” Ceri used the towels and water to clean the infants face and she readied as the next contraction came, she felt Rayann pushing and then gasped softly as the whole baby came into view, she turned to Kali, her eyes wide. The look was one of shock at first as Kali squealed and then stepped back, holding her hands over her mouth and whispering, “Thank you Lunitari…. Thank you!” She broke down into sobs of joy and could barely stand as she buried her face in her hands.

Ceridwyn also went pale as the baby was brought into the light and she too began sobbing, though the parents could not see the child yet, Ceridwyn was obviously overjoyed at what she was seeing. The baby began to cry as it caught its first breaths and through her tears Ceri worked gently, snipping and tying the cord and keeping the baby from Myth and Rayann’s sight for those first few seconds. She looked up and smiled, her eyes going from Myth to Rayann and then back again, “I would like to be the very first to congratulate you on the arrival of your new baby son.”

The look of shock on Myth and Rayann’s face was confirmed as Ceridwyn brought the infant child, an almost spitting image of Myth, strong in the arms and legs and with a long mid section. Ceri spoke gently as she laid the baby boy on Rayann’s chest, “So it appears as though the gods heard our prayers, we all knew that Kali could not exist in the same timeline simultaneously. Apparently your family has grown by two instead of one.” She smiled and gently rubbed her fingers along the back of Rayann’s hand as she handed the child over and stood back.

Kali leaned back against the wall, watching the events unfold and her eyes turned up, looking at Nol with a deep smile. She would get to stay, she would get to live and see that her brother was protected. The grin on her face was so wide her cheeks were hurting, but she didn’t even notice the pain as she walked over and leaned forward to see her brothers face. The child’s eyes were barely open but as his sister approached he almost seemed to recognize her and when she leaned in to place a gentle kiss on him a brilliant flash of light erupted between them, just as her lips touched the babies forehead. She leaned back, a look of shock on her face and her face went pale, she turned and looked at her mother as she could suddenly feel every thought in her brothers mind, she could feel that he was about to move, just milliseconds before he did, she felt as if she and he were one. There was an incredible sensation of awareness, as if she was standing where she was and also laying on her mother’s chest simultaneously. She turned and looked at her mother, her eyes full of understanding, Kali whispered as she looked at her brother with a smile, “By the gods…”
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:25 pm

8: Eye of the Storm Mythban2

The trips away from Glen Durel were taxing on both Myth's patience and spirit. So far he had managed to keep his focus aimed at small topics of importance such as the state of the elven armies, and the defenses of the major elven settlements. It was not a pretty sight and the condition of things was much as he had expected. Lines were drawn to thin and gaps left room for the enemy. The first few months alone were spent conducting territorial triage to consolidate what the elves had left at their disposal.

There was also the matter of the proposed alliances that Cerdewyn and Aeolis had been working towards. Myth was admittedly perplexed by the entire notion of Aeolis helping to talk with the humans of all people. When questioned Cerdewyn explained things as she had understood them. Mention of the shadowy creature did not surprise Myth in the least and he felt pity for his elven kin. He had seen more than one of the beasts waste a person away and it sent a chill up Myth's spine to think of those days.

As if to make things worse Myth was certain that the background politics of the elven council had actually gotten worse in his absence. Myth's attempts to expedite the alliances were constantly meeting walls as different council members would block him every step of the way for some reason or another. It frustrated the warrior to no end, but never as bad as when a counselor would remark about Myth following blindly in Jerrin's path.

Though Jerrin was respected by the people he was not respected by the council. It became a common tactic to drag Jerrin's name threw the mud and flaunt it in front of Myth in an attempt to break his concentration. However in time Myth grew weary of such tactics. During the last meeting before Myth would leave to see his child's birth one counselor who held a rather hefty amount of disdain for Myth laid the lambasting of Jerrin to thick. The rage in Myth's eyes was building to a broil and others could see it. Suddenly the storm was gone and Myth's demeanor calmed considerably. Calmly he asked the counselor to repeat himself.

A couple venom laced words into the most recent rant and every became confused and horrified because in one moment Myth had crossed the room and had the offending counselor hoisted into the air by the front of his shirt. Myth made it a point to never try and intimidate with his size, until this moment. His voice boomed across the hall. "I will not tolerate another insult of a great elf. He was an elf of the people, a great warrior, and my brother. He showed more loyalty to this nation and it's well being than any other standing here. One more insult, snide comment, or jibe and I will begin to exercise my right to a warriors challenge in defense of my brother's honor."

Myth dropped the counselor to the polished floor and looked to his father. "I beg your forgiveness for my outburst Speaker..."

Nothing was said but the meetings had been adjourned till Myth's return. With a sigh Myth left Sylvanost mentally drained from the activities. Upon his return he was always happy to see how Rayann's pregnancy was progressing. His nights may have been restless because of the baby but he did not mind in the least. He always woke with a start but laid down once more with a smile upon his face.

Myth had heard Nol coming long before anyone else and he already had a smile upon his face as he heard Kali making a mad dash from her studies towards the doors to were Nol was landing. Myth only shook his head "Yes... but if you have that scar I can only imagine what the red looked like" Welcomes and pleasantries were exchanged before Myth looked at Nol With a wordless before stepping outside so they could discuss matters of business. Myth gave the scar a glance and chuckled slightly glad the silver was still alive and kicking. Though Myth would never admit it he worried about the dragon because of the painting's image. Nol meant a great deal to his daughter and no father wanted to see their daughter cry.

Myth got down to business wanting to know everything Nol could tell him about where armies had moved. Before he left Myth had provided a detailed listing of most of the Queen's war banners. He also noted special ones of interest that should Nol came across them to be weary. Even the most trivial detail was committed to Myth's memory. Often it was the little things that cost one more when fielding an army. After that Myth inquired as to the events that led to Nol's new beauty mark. A dragon encountering a group of draconians was always a tale of amusement and Nol did not disappoint.

After passing stories back an forth of battles long past Myth was standing ask if Nol wanted to head to the training halls when Cerdewyn's missive came.The smile on Myth's face spread from ear to ear as Nol took them to the birthing room. Rayann had barely started to reach towards him when he took his hand in hers. When her grip tightened Myth was grateful he was not someone other than himself. It was like someone had just pinned his hand in a vice. However his smile never faltered.

His eyes remained locked with Rayann's and as Cerd handled the child Myth kissed his lover on the forehead showing her how he felt with his heart not his words. Myth turned to Cerd when he heard the baby and quirked an eyebrow as she went through the motions of keeping the child hidden for those moments. The pale complexion made his stomach churn till the moment she spoke and presented their son.

Myth's voice was like whisper on the wind "By the stars above..."

He leaned forward looking at the boy with great interest. He could already tell the boy had a purpose in life and Myth would do his best to prepare him for it. He looked up and the grin on Kali's face was priceless as she leaned down to kiss her brother. Myth shifted quickly shielding Rayann as the light flashed before a strange sensation washed over his senses. Something happened, something divine had just occurred.

Though happy Myth was now shifting his focus. Myth wanted to enjoy this moment longer but his logical mind screamed at him to be on alert. Myth was grateful to the gods to be blessed by this child but now that he was born Myth knew Rorie would be coming. For the moment he kept the thought locked away but as a warrior Nol would see the look of a prowling cat in Myth's eyes. The lion was preparing to protect the pride
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:40 am

8: Eye of the Storm NolBanner

Nol could only smile as the family rejoiced in the arrival of a son. He knew the implications behind this, and when he saw the flash of light between Kali and her new brother he looked up to see three faces, ever so faint, dissolving from sight. He nodded respectfully, the sallow look of a dark haired male dressed in black, the kind eyes of a woman in red with long blond hair, and the snow white bearded face of a man in white. He knew immediately who they were and as they returned the nod and faded away he turned and looked back at the family huddled around the new born boy.

He walked over and looked down at the child, he was already, even just minutes old, obviously his father’s son. Nol immediately recognized the long torso and the distinct Elven features. He looked like Kali too, thought not twins they had the bond, the sacred bond that had been given and lost was returned by the grace of the three moons. “The implications are staggering, and he was most certainly grow to be a fine warrior my friend.” He gently patted Myth on the shoulder and when Myth looked up at him Nol’s eyes were full of kindness but also conviction. Myth would recognize the look, it was the same look that he had just given his own new born son, a look that said, “I will never let you down.” Nol patted Myth gently on the shoulder and nodded as the non-verbal communication moved between them. He then turned to Kali and when she looked up and made eye contact with him she practically leapt over the table into his arms. She held him so tightly it felt like she was trying to pull him inside her. He returned the embrace and held her lovingly, closing his eyes and taking in the scent of her. Never once had he broken his appearance of being brave in the face of losing her, but now that they knew she would be staying, a single tear that looked like molten silver rolled down his cheek as she buried her head into his neck.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:56 am

“I would like to be the very first to congratulate you on the arrival of your new baby son.”

The words echoed in Rayann’s mind and she thought perhaps she was hearing things. She was to give birth to Kali. So how was it they were calling the baby a….son? Her eyes looked from Ceri to Kali to Myth to Nol then back again. They all had a look of utter shock and disbelief on their faces as well as…..relief? She heard Kali and Myth’s voices as the shock of reality sunk into them. But when Ceri laid the newborn child on Rayann’s chest and Rayann saw with her own eyes that she had indeed given birth to their son, her tears flowed again, and she felt that same relief fill her. Trembling hands reached to cuddle the child close to her.

He was a beautiful, smaller version of his father. Already she could see his strong arms and legs. Knowing the Gods had indeed blessed all of them this day, she thanked Lunitari for her grace and she even thanked the other Gods allowing this to happen. The daughter she was so certain she would lose would now be able to remain with them. Along with the son she had so hoped to give Myth one day.

As Kali moved closer and leaned down to kiss her baby brother’s forehead, Rayann saw the light and immediately felt the bond that had formed between the siblings. Gasping softly, she instantly knew what had just occurred and she gave a soft cry of joy. The sudden understanding in Kali’s eyes and mind told Rayann everything she needed to know. This brother and sister would share the unique bond Rayann and Rorie once shared. Once more the Gods had blessed this family and Rayann gave her thanks to them.

As the baby started opening his eyes and blinking at the bright light he was suddenly exposed to, he began to vocalize and Rayann’s body began to react to his needs. Bringing the baby closer, she began to nurse him and he instantly settled as he realized he was safe, warm and soon to be well fed. As Nol moved closer to get a c loser look at the baby, Rayann looked up and gave him a knowing smile. While she could not fathom the dragon’s emotions as well as she could humanoids, she could sense his trepidation at this day’s arrival, and now that Kali was going to stay, she felt his heart felt relief.

Rayann looked up at Myth and smiled again. This joyous moment was the beginning of something else and while they both knew it, along with all others in the room, but nothing could take away what they felt or the significance of what the boy’s birth meant to everyone here. Watching the exchange between Nol and Myth then between Nol and Kali, Rayann knew this child’s birth was indeed a blessing from the true Gods. As the baby nursed, Rayann looked down at him and eased the back of her finger along his soft, flushed cheek. Her soft voice filled the room as she spoke, audibly.

”Welcome to your life and family. You’ve made everyone happy beyond words this day. Beautiful son and brother.”

Leaning down, she kissed his forehead gently then looked up at Myth, smiling tiredly.

~We need to give him a name, Mel’amin.~
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:44 am

8: Eye of the Storm Mythban2

Myth kissed Rayann's forehead his eyes shifted to his son. A smile crossed his face as a thought crossed his mind.

"I think I have the perfect name in mind."

Reaching down Myth gently lifted his son into his arms. His emerald eyes where fixed on his sons as he held him close. Myth spoke in a soft voice.

"From this day you are Shaeraer Tosali Padraig Thel'radin..."

He looked at Rayann passing his son back "In the common tongue mel'amin it means... Blessed Miracle"
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:27 pm

As Rayann heard the name Myth had picked out for his son, she smiled even more, if that were possible.

~Shaeraer Tosali Padraig Tel’radin. It’s perfect and beautiful. Just like he is.~

Rayann felt the love Myth had for the child he held in his arms and she felt the love he had for her as well. While he kept things close to him and protected from others, she was able to have access to places within his heart and mind others weren’t. And what she felt from her husband now brought more tears of joy to her eyes.

He loved Kali, of that there was no question. And the love he felt for Shaeraer was no more than the love he felt for his daughter, but the miracle, as the child’s name now indicated, the baby brought to the family, to Krynn, has a profound affect upon the warrior.

As Myth bonded with his son, Rayann felt the pull of exhausted sleep tug at her and as her eyelids grew very heavy, she drifted off to sleep seeing Myth, Kali, Ceri and Nol gathered around Myth as he held his son in his large arms, cradled close to his body in both a loving and protective way.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:16 am

8: Eye of the Storm TahkisisBanner

There was a soft knock and the dark lady looked up from her desk. “Enter,” she spoke the word as if she didn’t really care if the person came in or not. Rorie Padraig unlatched the heavy black door and pushed it open, stepping in and closing it behind him. Tahkisis looked up again and her brows furrowed slightly as she looked him over. “It has been a while Rorie, I was beginning to think you wanted me to replace you.” Rorie stared at her a second and then crossed the gap between them, setting a scroll on her massive war table. The whole continent of Ansalon was laid out to the finest detail and she had been going over the strategies of conquest again. Looking at the scroll she flicked it gently with her finger and it rolled several centimeters before hitting the relief parts of the map that represented the Span of Thartis. “More love poetry Rorie?” He looked up at her, she was enjoying this, and he could feel it. He was purely at her mercy since the debacle at Glen Durel and they both knew it. “Hardly, word is that the child has been born.” “And whose word is that Rorie?” He did his best to restrain a glare, “The word of my spies Mistress.”

She walked around the table, her hip movement along enough to make any man weak with desire, “Oh Rorie, come now, you know I have forgiven you of the last operation. Kali is not the target, she never was, we just needed her out of the way. Now that Shulamite has been reborn however, you can make it up to me by bringing back the true target and fulfilling my initial wish.” Rorie looked up again as she brushed the back of her fingers against his beard, “You know Rorie, there is still a place in my bed for you, I feel you have been punished enough for your indiscretions.” Rorie glanced at her and nodded, acknowledging her invitation, however the truth was he was no longer holding to her sway, and he would do as she asked, but only because he had been formulating his own end. “Then perhaps I will visit you tonight.”

She leaned forward and purred into his ear as she nipped his earlobe, “And I will wait.” Rorie nodded and smiled, bowing his head before he turned to leave. He crossed the space that took him back to the door and her sultry voice weaving its way across the room like silk being pulled over the skin, “Oh and Rorie,” He turned to look at her over his shoulder, “Fail me again, in bed or this mission, and you will find yourself in the darkest most hideous part of the Abyss.” He nodded and exited the room, that statement he did believe.

8: Eye of the Storm RorieBlack

Walking through the hallways of the dark castle to his quarters seemed to take forever. Everyone and everything that saw him coming side stepped him, the glowering, sallow look on his face was enough to frighten even the most seasoned warrior. He entered his chamber and slammed the door shut, locking it tightly and pulling his robes off his body violently and flinging them over a large easy chair. He walked over to his desk and sat heavily, rubbing his temples. He looked up at the parchments on his desk, looking over the plan he had been formulating. The castle of Glen Durel was drawn to the most descriptive detail, his point of entry, the hallway that he would need to cross and the child’s room. He looked at the map and inhaled deeply, he would go, he would find the child, and he would grab it but this time it would not be a kidnapping, it would be a murder.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:25 pm

8: Eye of the Storm BadrockBanner

Huge black eyes turned to look at the castle of Tahkisis, his ‘child’ was lagging behind slightly, which was not unusual. He was patient, and stopped to wait. She was in fact the only thing he was ever patient about. As she stepped up beside him again he turned to looked at her. His voice was hoarse and gravely as he spoke, “Why she summons I don’t know, it is unusual for her to want a personal audience, something big must be about to happen.”

Her eyes shifted slightly as she looked from him to the castle and he could see the slight nervousness in her gaze, “No need to worry my child, if she wanted us harm we would have not been summoned, she never summons to kill, she would have sent a visitor…” he paused and looked at her with a sinister smile, “And they would have been met with a surprise.” He winked and very gently patted her on the small of her back. Indeed she had become powerful as she grew, and he was proud of her. It was a strange day when he found her, a bloody mess of a human child, screaming in the bushes, afterbirth and cord still attached to her belly. He had never felt much compassion until he saw her, and even he was unsure what it was that caused him to take her as his own and feed her. As she grew he could sense the natural affinity for magic she had, and he taught her what he knew, which was ample, but he was no wizard. Wizards confine themselves to the ‘magic of the gods’, he simply could make things happen, and so he did. Often he would combine his magic with his blade or his staff, and somehow he always managed to get the job done.

“We must not keep her waiting Pela, She is not the most patient goddess.” He started walking again, his massive feet thudding against the ground like small echoing anomalies of rolling thunder. “Just relax and be yourself, or at least, a toned down version of yourself,” he winked a large black eye, “she won’t be tolerant of sarcasm or banter, she will just want to ask you some questions and make sure you are worthy to be brought into the fold. As you know I tend to avoid the politics and the squabbling of her minions, I don’t care for grappling for scrapes, I just want the money.”

They approached the massive black gates of the Dark Queen’s castle and he could feel her slight trepidation, “Calm lass, you are powerful, there is no danger in this place that we can’t face, I assure you we are safe.”

Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:41 pm

”I don’t like this place, father. It smells.”

The young woman lagged behind on purpose, hoping that she would somehow devise a plan to convince her ‘father’ to find a reason not to answer the call that had been sent to him. As she walked up beside the creature who had raised her, she scowled at the castle that loomed ahead of them in the distance. She was comfortable back where they were. This place was cold. Dark. And alien to her. Turning nearly iridescent blue eyes to his black ones, she pleaded once more with.

”Please? Can we go back? Anything that looks like that can’t be good for us.”

When he simply patted her in the small of the back with his massive hand, she sighed in resignation. As they started out again, she found some comfort in the sound of his large feet hitting the ground. How many times that had brought her comfort she couldn’t say, but it was more times than she could remember.

Pela, was a slender, tall young woman who stood every inch of 5’10” with platinum blond hair and eyes that seemed to look right through you. She grew up under the watchful eye and protective hand of the strange creature that walked along beside her now. He taught her how to start using magic and from there, she taught herself a good many thing. It seemed she had a natural affinity for ice or water spells and it was those particular spells she excelled at. But he also taught her how to fight, with weapon and fist if need be and she found her femininity gave her an advantage. Strong men who thought she was an easy target were now good fertilizer for plants and flowers.

Still, as they grew closer to the Dark Queen’s castle, she couldn’t stop the butterfly’s form taking flight in her stomach and she hesitated yet again only to have her father beckon her again. He was confident in her abilities. If only she could be.

”Wish I could have your confidence, father. But I will try to do my best. For you.”

8: Eye of the Storm Mage2

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8: Eye of the Storm   8: Eye of the Storm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8: Eye of the Storm
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next