Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

7: Towers

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

7: Towers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:15 pm

7: Towers - Page 2 RayannRed

Rayann studied her daughter’s face and when she saw the blush, Rayann couldn’t help but chuckle softly and nod.

~When your heart has found a home, rather it be a place such as Glen Durel, or with a kindred spirit such as Nol, you find normal, everyday things do become easier. Like memorizing these spells. Peace of mind can only be achieved when the heart is at peace as well. And I believe your heart is at peace with Nol. As mine is with Myth.~

As Kali took her hand and they stepped out onto the balcony and Rayann felt the cool air of her homeland drift over them, she smiled as she looked out over the beautiful rolling grass.

~Yes. It was a wonderful place to grow up. And Rorie was always the adventurous one. It seemed like his ideas always got me in trouble some how. He would have these wonderful ideas and when we would go see if we could do them, something always happened and I would be the one holding the cards, so to speak. Of course I didn’t mind. It’s not like he forced me to do anything. I was m ore than willing to go see what we could get into with him. And I had my fair share of grand ideas. But no matter what, we always knew we loved each other and we had each other’s back.~

She grew silent for a moment as her eyes danced over the area and Kali would see several visions pass through her mind as her mother shared her childhood the best way she knew how. Rayann chuckled again and shook her head.

~Strange thing is I still feel like I’m trying to find my place in this grand world. While I know it’s with Myth and you, I know there’s much more I have yet to experience before my days are done. And I intend to enjoy every single one of them I’ve been given.~

Looking over at Kali, she tucked some of the young woman’s hair behind the slightly pointed ear and smiled lovingly.

~Just like a young woman I know.~

Rayann knew Kali was looking at the world from every angle she could. The child’s analytical mind matched her father’s to no end. She couldn’t believe how much of Myth had been passed down to her and felt pride in knowing Kali was well aware of her father’s inherited trait. Rayann knew she was a strong, young woman who didn’t let the world push her around and she was so glad for that fact.

~So let’s get some studying in before it gets too late and the men will be wondering when we will emerge from our cocoons.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:44 pm

7: Towers - Page 2 KaliRed

Kali listened and delighted in the images that flashed into her mind, it was almost as if she was a third party observer, watching a young Rorie and Rayann frolic in the emerald green highlands of Glen Durel. The memories were so clear it was as if they were her own. She watched Rorie in particular, his strong laugh and they way he looked at Rayann so lovingly was a stark contrast to the Rorie she had known. He was loving to her, but there was always a lust in his eyes for power, and the laughter she heard in the memories was deeper and more warm than the laugh she had always known. She could not help but focus on this fact, how could he change so sharply. In just the month she had known Rayann the lies she had been told about her were obviously gross fabrications of the truth. Rayann was NOTHING like she had been taught, and in the memories flashing in Kali’s minds eyes, this man was a completely different creature. She turned and looked at Rayann, her mouth instinctually opening and speaking, “What in all of Krynn could make Rorie turn from such a happy, life giving person to one who would stoop to the deepest levels of hate and revenge? Something MUST have happened when you left him! I can’t see such differences in him to be simply a change of heart, it’s too different.”

She stared out into the wild, her mind racing, everything made sense to her, yet at the same time, nothing added up. She turned and looked at her mother as she mentioned getting back to their studies, “If it’s all the same Mom, I think I would rather not study right now, and simply sit and have tea. If I am truly bound to only a few more months with you, I want to spend it getting to know you better, and being your daughter rather than studying. Don’t get me wrong, I am a wizard, and I know what I must do, but lately, as I said, things are working so much smoother… I would really enjoy just having tea.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Rayann shook her head. Like Kali she didn’t understand the deep rooted hatred she felt from Rorie aimed at her now. While she could understand his anger at what she had done, she didn’t understand the intensity behind his feelings for her. Especially, as Kali had pointed out, for him to become almost exactly the opposite of what he’d been prior to Rayann leaving him behind to move on with Myth.

~I have tried to find why Rorie is such a changed person from the brother and man I knew and for the life of me, I can’t figure it out.~

A tray of tea appeared on the table on the balcony and Rayann walked over pouring a cup for Kali and herself before she sat down in one of the chairs on either side of the table.

~He always sought more power, even as a youth he had that hunger, but the emotions I feel coming from Rorie now are nothing short of malevolent. Nothing like what they were when we were growing up and even as young adults. Not once did I ever feel hate coming from him. I could feel his dislike and mistrust of another being, but nothing like this. I can’t help but wonder if he’s been hypnotized, for the lack of a better word. It’s as if the love he once felt for anyone, especially me, has been tainted and turned into nothing less than sheer, raw hatred.~

Rayann sipped her tea and furrowed her brows as she looked out over the beauty of her childhood home. Kali had hit a nerve when she mentioned Rorie’s distinct change. Rayann had noticed it the two brief times she’d been close to her brother and it bothered her to no end. What exactly HAD happened to him?
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Kali listened and contemplated Rayann’s words. It was yet another puzzle she felt compelled to solve. As Rayann turned and looked out over the landscape, Kali spoke, “When I was growing up in the Dark Queen’s castle, there was no loyalty to anything. Loyalty to anything meant you had a vulnerability, a weakness, and another would manipulate and use that loyalty against you. The forces of the Dark Queen, specifically the upper ranks, are like a pack of dogs. Everyone distrusts everyone, I admit, even I didn’t trust Rorie. I knew he was my uncle, and I did love him in the family sense of the word, but I constantly focused on how I was going to surpass him and replace him as the Dark Queen’s favorite wizard. I too constantly looked for a weakness that I could one day exploit.”

“I don’t think he was under any sort of spell, I would have figured that out. I was on the celestial plain with him for over 120 years. I would have detected it, somehow, I know it. He often talked about his sister, and how much he loved her, and it always felt genuine. He also talked about his ‘sisters killer’ however, you, and he showed raw hatred. I think it’s just his new found, unfettered lust for power that has caused his emotional shift. You are half of a whole, just as he is. You will never be complete, nor will you ever be able to wield the power you were supposed to be able to wield without the other…” She paused and Rayann would see the sudden clarity of thought come into Kali’s face, “… that’s it, that’s why he is coming to kidnap me!” She turned and looked at Rayann, “The link! He always talked about the link, I never understood, I mean, I knew what the link was, but not the significance. We would spend hours, DAYS, working on linking our minds! He was trying to reestablish what he was born with, with you. I was a means to higher power for him, because he is trying to fill that gap, he thinks it will bring him back to his ability to cast.” She stood and looked out over the landscape and then turned, leaning back against the railing and looked at Rayann, “Unlike you, my link with him, though not like you were born with, or what he wanted, was NOT severed when I left him. He might think it was, but I never broke it, nor did he.” She looked at Rayann with absolute clarity as to what she would need to do, “This is what I need to be working on, and perhaps the secret lies within this tower, perhaps THAT is why he sealed it so tightly. Yes, I am sure he meant to hurt you, but maybe he came back for a deeper purpose then revenge, perhaps within these walls lies the secret to securing his mind with another wizard, I mean, it makes sense, your father and mother were researchers, study bugs, he would have known this, I BET THAT’s WHY….,” her voice trailed off, and she began staring at something in the middle of the room behind her.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:49 pm

As Rayann listened to what kali was telling her, it made sense. Like her daughter, Rayann saw the whole situation with a clarity that chilled her to the bone. His link with Kali was nothing more than a tool for him to use and once he got what he wanted he would…..

”By the Gods…”

Rayann’s voice slipped out of her lips and it was filled with such terror that it couldn’t be hidden. Once Kali had given him what he wanted, he’d have no more use for her. The ONLY way he would keep her around is if what he sought would also go away if Kali were killed. But somehow Rayann didn’t think that was the case. With the way Kali talked about the Dark Queen’s court, she knew in the pit of her stomach Kali would be discarded like yesterday’s trash when she gave him what he wanted.

No. She couldn’t let that happen to Kali. Somehow she had to find a way to protect her daughter if she could. But for the first time in her life, Rayann felt helpless. Knowing she had to let all of this play out for fear of jeopardizing Kali’s life, she felt a tight band of fear constrict around her and start to rob her of her rational thinking and breathing.

Forcing herself to calm, she tried to find a logical solution to all of this but every avenue she explored she came to the same conclusion: Kali’s life depended on letting what they knew to be the future happen. It was a bitter pill to swallow and as Rayann felt that bitter pill stick in the back of her throat, she closed her eyes for a brief moment. When she opened them up, she saw Kali staring at something. Getting to her feet, she joined her daughter at the railing of the balcony and turned to look into the room.

~What is it Kali?~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:57 pm

Kali snapped her attention back to her mother as she spoke her name, “What?” She looked at Rayann as if what just happened with her starring hadn’t, and then she came back to reality… “Grandma and Grandpa, they were just standing there.” She pointed to the center of the large room inside, by the direction she was pointing Rayann would know it was right beside her father’s favorite chair. It was worn well with his form, the arm rests showing the indentations were his elbows used to fall perfectly as he studied his spell book. Kali walked in and stood beside the chair, she looked around. “As I mentioned Grandma and Grandpa, they were standing right here, or at least, an image of them. Grandpa looked at this chair, and then he disappeared.” She furrowed her brow and looked at the chair.

She got on her hands and knees and looked under the chair, then searched in the cushions and ran her hands along it’s seams, nothing was out of place. She looked up at Rayann and the brief moment of clarity she had on the balcony was gone, replaced by the look of searching to complete the puzzle once again. “I don’t know what this means…”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:05 pm

Rayann knew Kali was seeing images of Laclan and Deidre and while Rayann hadn’t seen them, she could still feel their presence in the castle and tower. Particularly the tower. Rayann had figured it was just the sense of familiarity at being home once more, truly home, that gave her that sensation but now she wasn’t so certain.

Now she knew her parents were here, in spirit, guiding her daughter. Rayann was never one to dismiss anything as coincidence or someone “seeing” things. Everything happened for a reason and this was another example. As Kali got down to search the chair, Rayann’s hand lovingly slid over the worn leather of the chair. She used to sit on Lachlan’s lap when she was just a wee girl and while she couldn’t understand the words written on the pages, she pretended to study them with him. It was her way of sharing quiet time with her father. Glancing up at Kali, she had a sudden idea.

~Kali….when Papa sat in this chair; he would often tell me he could always find the answer to what he was looking for when he sat here. It’s why he placed the chair right here and why he refused to sit anywhere else BUT this chair. Sit down in it. Open your mind. See what comes to you.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm

Kali looked up at Rayann and quickly got to her feet. She sat in the chair and placed her arms on the arm rests. They felt as worn as they looked, her arms moving awkwardly to find some semblance of comfort. Finally settling into the grooves Kali relaxed her mind and focused. She stared at the wall across from her, a well crafted painting of the family hung before her, Lachlan, Diedre, Rayann and Rorie. She smiled quietly and looked intently at the image, they were standing in the hill land, above the castle, that was obvious, she recognized it from her flights with Nol. Rayann was looking up at her father in the portrait, and he was looking down at her, Diedre had her hands on both children’s shoulders, and was looking at Lachlan. Rorie was looking at Rayann, even in the painting that incredible love he must have once held for her was evident. Even as a young boy in the image there was a look of protective instinct on his face. Kali moved her eyes across the lines of the painting, tracing every stroke, but there was nothing evident.

She inhaled deeply and glanced up at Rayann, she was obviously perplexed and puzzled. She wiggled her bottom again and settled in, but there was nothing. After several moments she stood and looked at the chair, trying to study out any trick she was missing or hint she was over looking but nothing was coming to her mind. She walked over to the painting and stared at it, but could see after long observation it was nothing more than a painting. She walked around the room, studying the chair from all angles and looking at what one would see if they were seated there. The room was good sized, and the walls were lined with every manner of book, manual, scroll and parchment. She bit her lip as she turned back to Rayann, shaking her head as she spoke… “I don’t know, whatever it is I’m not seeing it…”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:15 pm

Rayann watched Kali as she sat in the chair. Standing behind her daughter, Rayann also looked at the family portrait that hung on the wall. She had forgotten about it until she walked back into this area of the Tower of Kells. Why her father had insisted on hanging the beautiful picture in this place, away from where any visitors could come see it, had always perplexed her. When ever she asked her father about it he would simply say he wanted to see it more than anyone and she had accepted it.

Kali had opened her mind as Rayann had suggested but there was something that was still something not coming to the young woman. As Kali turned to look at her mother, Rayann smiled softly and nodded.

~Papa was sometimes a complex man. Even for as simple as he was at times, there were times when he was so into his thoughts I couldn’t keep up with what they all were. I wondered how he was able o keep up with all of them.~

Looking around, Rayann walked around the chair and without thinking, she sat down in her father;s chair and looked over at the family portrait. It was more out of habit than anything as she had sat in the seat many times. As a child and as a young woman. But this was the first time she sat in the chair since she had returned to Glen Durel and since the retaking of the tower of Kells.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:37 am

7: Towers - Page 2 Mythban2

Myth occupied his time in the days following the retaking of the castle and tower in the training halls of the keep. Myth was amazed at the condition the keep was in despite the apparent lack of regular residents. However the fact that it was home to two very prominent mages was a good start for finding an explanation. Myth was feeling a bit out of sorts with the entire situation and found it hard to focus his mind with nothing to point it at but that changed rather swiftly. His mind was free of the guilt surrounding his brother but now he was concentrating more on the condition of things back home. The queen's plans were not overly obvious but he knew that Silvanost was a target and would remain so until the cost to take it was no longer worth the reward. In the depths of his being he knew he would be a key player in that game.

Time with the family during dinner was most enjoyable and Nol proved to be a welcome presence. Myth could see the emotions clear as day not that the two were bashful about the matter. Myth was grateful that Nol took the time to come to the halls to spar a bit and usually found his mood was better afterwords. It was not often Myth found a truly worthy person with which to cross blades in training let alone on a field of battle. Myth kept himself in check though never showing his full hand to the silver dragon. While Nol was an allie and potentially more, Myth also saw him as a fellow warrior. When training with someone who was neither master nor apprentice Myth kept some of his best tricks under lock and key. As he would expect Nol would also hold back as both elf and dragon tested the other trying to catch a glimpse at the true skill behind the blade.

This day found Myth standing atop one of the highest points of Glen Durel with his brother's bow in hand. The ancient wood of the bow made Myth's fingers tingle as he slid them over the weapon. A light smile upon his lips as he looked out over the world looking tot eh furthest edges of his elven sight. Bringing the bow up Myth breathed steadily as he scanned the edges of his sight looking for a target. His hand lifted to the invisible space where the string would be grasping the magical threads before drawing the strings of energy. Light flared as the bow came to life and Myth's breathing slowed for a moment before letting his breath out. As the last wisps exited his lungs Myth released the arcane bolt in his hand watching travel to the furthest reached of his sight. Myth's nose wrinkled as he muttered quietly about his aim being off. Thus his morning was spent working at retraining his aim as he cursed his own lack of proper upkeep of his heritage skills.

Time passed quietly as Myth's mind remained silent as he kept his focus. Training forced his mind into silence and it was one reason Myth kept himself in constant training at times. Myth's active mind one of his greatest attributes but it was also one of his greatest burdens. His mind was in constant motion outside of his training,always planning, examining, puzzling. He managed to keep the better portion of it held in check when he was around Rayann and Kali knowing that the pace would simply baffle one not prepared for what they saw. He kept in one spot of his mind balled up and Rayann knew what layed there and knew why he wished that place let be. Though he knew there were times she was tempted to peak but she never did.

With a sigh he decided to crawl out from his places of hiding to check on his family. Before long he found thee two clearly talking in missive. He kept his thouhts away from theirs watching them as they sat in the chair in turn staring at the painting as if it were some kind of magical puzzle. As Rayann stared and Kali deliberately examined the room Myth's voice broke the silence. "Have either of you bothered to look behind the painting? Sometimes the simplest solutions can be the most unlikely answer."

A wry smile lit up his face as he saw them both practically jump. He knew they were puzzling something by the sheer fact his approach had gone almost completely unnoticed. Rayann herself often was greeting him before he ever set foot in the doorways most of the time. He reasoned they were trying to figure something out and the glances each gave the portrait of Rayann's family clued him in that it was the point of focus. He could only chuckle and shake his head as he raised his hands.

"Tis just a suggestion from a simple and humble warrior of no import."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:21 am

Kali sighed as she contemplated all this with her mother and continued searching the room for additional clues. There was something here, something that she was missing. She turned as her mother sat in the chair and watched, but no enlightenment came to her mother’s face and Kali felt her heart sink. Lachlan was trying to tell her something and she would not rest until she knew what it was.

Her head snapped in surprise as Myth spoke and she listened, biting her lip as he brought up the simplest solution. She turned and looked at Rayann with a slight blush to her cheeks as the embarrassment of overlooking the obvious was making itself known and she turned, looking at Myth again. “That’s a good idea Dad.” She flicked her finger and Myth would feel a shock, about the same as a static shock when one shuffled their feet on wool carpet and then touched metal, snap him on the back of the thigh. Kali looked at him playfully and brought her hand up to her mouth making a mocking, surprised face, “Opps, sorry about that Father…” She giggled and ran over to the painting, gently lifting it off the wall. The wall behind it was the same stone as the rest of the room. She turned and looked at Rayann and then to Myth, the hopeful joy in her face draining quickly. “Well, it was a good idea.”

She began to set the painting back up onto the wall and it slipped, she moved to readjust and her hand slid across something tucked in the canvas along the outer frame. She stopped, turned and looked at her parents again and they would see the sparkle of potential success come back onto her face in an instant. She quickly set the painting face down rubbed her hand along the side, removing a long, slender piece of glass. It was framed in dark wood, was about one and a half inches wide and 10 inches tall. The frame was ornate and covered in runes. She stared at it a moment and then quirked a brow looking back at Rayann. She hissed the ancient words of magic and brought her hand over the object, it glowed a pale blue, the detect magic spell revealing the nature of the object. She looked back at her parents, shrugging her shoulders and walking over to them, “Well, at least we know it’s magical.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:01 am

Rayann, like Kali was growing frustrated and thinking they wouldn’t find what ever it was Lachlan had been trying to tell Kali. As she sat, slump shouldered, in the chair, and had just leaned forward to put her chin in her hand as she rested her elbow on her knee. When she heard Myth’s voice, she literally jumped up out of the chair and whirled around. She always knew he had that silent ability about him but she was so focused on what she and Kali were searching for that she didn’t even feel his presence.

As Kali and Rayann exchanged looks, they both thought the same thing at the same time, ‘why didn’t we think of that sooner?’. As Kali let a light shock touch the back of her father’s leg, Rayann’s eyes grew wide and while she wanted to giggle softly with her daughter, she tried to remain the stoic motherly figure. Even though a grin tugged mercilessly at the corners of her mouth.

As she watched Kali go to the portrait and look behind it, she felt her hope growing but when Kali looked defeated again, Rayann felt the breath she’d been holding finally slip out of her lungs in a frustrated sigh. When Kali’s look changed, Rayann sat up a little straighter and that hope returned.

When Kali removed the framed glass from the back of the portrait, Rayann stood up, glanced at Myth, and walked over to examine it closer. As the object glowed blue, Rayann knew it wasn’t evil magic. As Rayann studied the glass and the runes carved into the sturdy, wooden frame, she studied them intently then blinked as her brows rose. Her lavender gaze slipped to Kali then to Myth before she looked at the glass again.

~It’s a Lens of Seeing. I’ve always heard of these but I didn’t realize Papa and Mama were in possession of one.~
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:22 am

Myth could only chuckle as the shock hit his leg. With a simple shake of his head he looked at Rayann. "I learned a long time ago that when a truly powerful wizard wished to hide something he did so in the simplest manner. The logic behind doing so is rather sound. One would think an object of true importance would lay behind great elaborite traps and wards of protection that could slay a man on sight. I came across many in my assassin days that hid the most mundane things in elaborite traps and kept the objects of true worth right out in teh open."

Myth only wrinkled his nose slightly when Kali had found nothing but as he had partially expected she found the object of worth hidden within the frame itself. Myth had heard stories about such an object but had not seen one. He looked upon the surface curiosly.

"Based on the stories you have told me dearest I would say there were times your father was looking into this object and you didn't even know it...."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:27 am

Kali looked at Rayann as she identified the object and quirked a brow… “Hmmm, never heard of it,” She smiled gently, “But what I have heard of is Papa’s encyclopedia of magical items over here! I think he has all the magical items in this place documented, but the book is so big there is no way one could read it in even a few sittings!” She sprinted across the room and slid to a halt in front of a desk she had been sitting at the last few days as she studied. She grabbed a large book that she had obviously been reading and marking with little scrapes of paper to make book marks. She started frantically flipping through pages and finally settling on a page, she ran her finger down and started reading, “Lens of Seeing; The lens reveals the nature of an object, showing the intent, the secrets and the message contained within anything that has been synchronized with the lens. Speaking the magic word activates the lens and speaking it again deactivates it.” She looked at the lens and then the book, her brow furrowed as she looked up at Rayann and Myth, “Well that explains what it is but Papa failed to write down the magic word.”

She studied the lens and walked slowly around the room, pacing as she thought, twiddling the blade between her fingers. She walked for several minutes and came to rest in front of the painting which was still laying on the floor. She turned it over to look at the image again and looked intently at the artwork. She tilted her head slightly and looked closely. A corner of a piece of paper was sticking out of the robe’s that Diedre was wearing and Kali leaned in, her nose almost touching the paint, “There is a word painted on the paper… it says…” She stared hard, ‘Elsidario’.” The glass of the lens flashed to life and she snapped her head back in surprise. She smiled with joy, the joy of the puzzle being complete and she stood, standing back a bit and looking at the painting through the lens. Her eyes went wide and she screamed, dropping the lens on the canvas and stepping back as her face went pale, “By the gods!”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:58 am

Rayann looked over at Myth and smiled, nodding.

~See? That’s one of the things I love about you, mel’amin. Not only are you a great and accomplished warrior but you can look at things logically when I’m over thinking things. I KNEW there was more to you than met the eye besides a hard shelled Elf with a hard look about his face.~

As Kali scrambled over to the book and started reading about the Lens, Rayann got a feeling of foreboding as she heard what the object could really do. As Kali moved back to the portrait, that feeling increased. As Rayann saw Kali focus in on what was written in the portrait, she was about to tell her not to say it but the word was out before Rayann could warn Kali.

As the Lens flared to life and Kali saw the portrait through the Lens, Rayann felt Kali’s fright right away. As she stepped forward to shield her daughter from what she was seeing, Rayann embraced Kali gently then glanced down at the portrait as well. What she saw made her gasp and tremble with fear of her own now.

What was once a serene portrait of a loving family was now a portrayal of horror. Rorie’s face was twisted, looking like a demon. He was still looking at Rayann and the hand that had been reaching for her hand in the portrait was now pointing to her womb. In that hand lays a dead infant. His other hand is raised and lightning from this hand is striking the dead infant. Rayann’s robes were now red and the look upon her face was nothing but sheer agony as she reaches for the dead infant in Rorie’s gnarled hand. At her feet Myth lies in a puddle of blood. Lachlan has one hand wrapped protectively around Deidre and the other is reaching to try and protect the dead infant. Deidre has her hands wrapped protectively around Rayann, trying to keep her daughter from sharing the same fate as the infant and Myth. Dark clouds fill the sky behind the family and streaks of lightning can be seen dancing across the darkened sky. In the distance, over Lachlan’s left shoulder, the limb body of a silver dragon is being disemboweled by a red dragon. The once beautiful, rolling, grassy hills of Glen Durel were charred and turned to nothing more than ash.

Rayann turned her head away from the scene and looked to Myth as he studied the picture with morbid fascination. She could tell by the look upon his face and the emotions she was feeling from him he was just as disturbed by what he was seeing as well. His piercing, emerald eyes took in every aspect of the picture, retaining everything to his memory. It was obvious the scene had clearly disturbed the family to no end. When Rayann could speak once more, she whispered the word to turn the Lens off again.

Rayann stood holding Kali, both women trembling visibly. Myth stood with them and the look in his intense gaze held many emotions but mostly hatred for what he saw Rorie doing, knowing what the future held in store for them. He moved forward and set the Lens of Seeing back to its original place on the portrait and re-hung the portrait on the wall.

Rayann had yet to say anything. Her lavender eyes darted around the room as she tried to think of what they could do to try and prevent this horrid, prophetic scene from becoming reality. While she knew they had to let things run its course, she didn’t like how this new information portrayed the future. Finally she spoke, audibly, in a weak, shaky voice.

”Please…don’t let this be our fate. Please…”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:21 pm

Kali lifted her gaze as Myth hung the portrait back on the wall. The image was back to normal now that the lens had been magically deactivated. She grit her teeth so hard her jaw began to ache and as Rayann spoke her soft words Kali pulled herself away and walked to her desk. She leaned heavily on her arms and looked into the wood, her thoughts racing, “It will not be our fate...,” she turned and looked at her mother and father, “…IT WILL NOT!”

She banged her hand on the desk and began to pace furiously, the remnants of a black robed mage hell bent on having her way were beginning to surface once again and she spoke aloud, as much to herself as to her parents, “This is NOT balance! Balance does not come in the form of moving through celestial time and altering the lives of others to serve your own end! Rorie has chosen his path, and so be it, but I HAVE NOT AND I WILL NOT chose this for my life!”

She walked to the portrait and stared at it, her gaze scanning the image, “Papa knew! He knew and this is his warning to us that we will be caught in a perpetual cycle if we don’t stand in the gap and restore balance.” She turns to Rayann and Myth, her eyes darting between them, “WE, right now! We draw the line in the sand and break this cycle, by the gods we will restore what has been broken and lost, and I will die as an adult if it is necessary for the infant to live a happy, healthy life!”

It was that moment, the catalyst appeared and she was dropping the gauntlet. Both of her parents would feel an incredible calm suddenly wash over Kali as she stared at them the instant change in her demeanor had happened within the necessary means of neutrality and balance. Her eyes calmed and she spoke softly, “If I die as an adult, and stop this wheel of time from turning again, I still live, as a child.” She looked at Rayann’s mid-section, right to the womb, and inhaled deeply as she closed her eyes.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:36 pm

Rayann watched Kali rant and pace. This affected her as much as it did her parents. Perhaps more so. Rayann and Myth could always have more children but Kali would only get to live once. And Rayann WANTED her to live. And she had to agree with Kali in the fact this wasn’t balance. What Rorie did to bring this whole thing full circle was something no one had ever done before. He upset the balance greatly when he broke the rules of celestial time and now, because of it, Kali stood in the middle. Rayann’s hands instinctively went to her abdomen in a protective gesture.

But when Kali announced she would sacrifice herself as an adult so she could live as a child, Rayann’s eyes grew wide, and she took a few steps towards the young woman.

”Kali. No. Please. There HAS to be another way. To lose you now....”

Rayann felt tears welling up in her eyes as she felt totally helpless in this matter. Her heartbreak was so strong she couldn't finish her sentence. Knowing your child was in mortal danger by the only family member you had left. The one who was half of the whole, who you would have given your life for was almost too much for her to accept right now. Blinking and swallowing several times, she tried to hold them back but it was near impossible.

~We just got you in our lives. I don’t want to think of you not being here with us.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Kali looked up at Myth and Rayann, there was clarity in her face and peace in her voice. “I don’t know what the outcome will be either mother, and I never meant to imply that, however the fact remains, Papa is trying to warn us, he KNEW that his son was going to take this path yet he loved him and raised him anyway. He knew we would be standing here trying to figure all this mess out and if he allowed it to happen and didn’t stop Rorie before he knew magic, then there MUST be a solution. However, to die is still to live, and if it comes to that, if there is a choice, then the life of the innocent cannot be lost.” Kali looked at her mother intently, “I won’t really die, so long as the child lives, and if the child lives I already know that the parents are going to be fantastic and raise that child in a home full of love.”

She smiled and her eyes welled up slightly, “It would be a crime to not make that choice. It is something that we must all be ready for however, if in the name of neutrality this body needs to be sacrificed, then so be it.” It was her warriors spirit that brought her to this place. It was her sudden thirst for balance thanks to the god of neutral magic that allowed her to think selflessly rather than selfishly. Up until these past weeks, she would have gladly seen another die so she could have a hint of more magic or power, but knowing that an innocent life lay in the scales, and if those scales needed her to die so they could balance, she would absorb that reality.

She looked at her parents from across the room, and smiled softly, “We don’t have a lot of time, who knows when the events of my kidnapping will occur, but we must be ready. Now that the timeline has been split, Rorie might have another trick up his sleeves, he might try something else, something unexpected to throw us off, because he knows that we won’t just sit around and wait for me to be born, no, if I remember my uncle correctly he is planning something much more sinister than that at this very moment.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Rayann knew what she wanted was the selfish side of the equation and she prayed for the clarity Kali had for the neutrality. She knew it would come to her but right now, she was a mother, not a mage. It would be a difficult task for anyone in her place to separate the two. And the fact she loved her daughter so much made it all the more difficult. Like any mother, she wanted to protect her child.

Kali’s calm, collective point of view and the points she made couldn’t be ignored and Rayann knew what Kali was saying was what had to be the course of action, if it came to that. For the innocent, infant to wind up looking like she had been portrayed in the terrible scene was a crime and Rayann knew she would have her daughter with her again. But if Kali were to die now, she would grieve for her as though she would never see her again and Rayann had grieved enough in her life.

Or so she thought.

As Kali mentioned the fact Rorie was planning something right now, Ryann knew, beyond all other things, the young woman was right. There’s no doubt he was going to strike. Perhaps even before Kali was born. Rayann knew then she would have to keep her pregnancy secret and only she, Kali, Myth and Nol would be the ones to know about it. She could easily hide it beneath the robes she wore and no one would know about the impending birth until it was done and over with. Even then she would keep the fact unknown to anyone other than the tight circle that was here, now.

Glancing over at Myth as a fresh tear slipped down her face, she reached a shaky hand out to take his hand in hers. She could feel the emotions roiling within him like a storm thrashing at the sea. Placing his hand over her lower abdomen, she let her eyes settle on his and saw his eyes change when she knew he felt the tiny heart that beat within her.

~I wanted to wait to tell you when the time was right, but I feel as though there is no better time then now. No one but the four of us will know. It’s the only way we can protect Kali like this. These robes can hide anything and I can cast an illusionary spell so no one can see the truth.~

Her shimmering eyes looked over at Kali then and she reached for the young woman’s hand. When Kali walked over and reached out to take her mother’s hand, Rayann brought it to her cheek and covered Kali’s hand with her own.

~I know what you say is true, Kali. I’m trying to get to that place. But I’m a mother as well as a mage. One day, you’ll understand.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:56 pm

Kali cried as she saw her father’s face change to that of a “soft” fatherly look. She could not help it and her tears were no longer contained. As she walked over and took her mother’s hand she also reached up and grabbed her father around the neck and squeezed him tightly, “No matter what, I know you will be a fantastic dad to me when I am young.”

She pulled back and watched the exchange of loving looks between her parents, and stepped back slightly to find herself backing into a wall of muscle. She turned and embraced Nol as tightly as she could and whispered into his chest as she laid her head between his pectoral muscles, “You always have a way of showing up right after the action is done and I need a hug.” He stroked her hair and looked over at Myth and Rayann with a smile, “Some things need to be discussed as a family before outsiders are brought in.” He smiled and looked at Rayann speaking a missive to her mind, ~ ‘Congratulations on the pending arrival of the little one.’ ~ He glanced down at Kali, knowing he was speaking of the one in his arms, the one he loved, and how she stood her but was also yet to be born. Even in his long life had he never imagined that he would be in the middle of a situation such as this.

He stood with the family and listened as they exchanged laughter, it was a happy time, but for now they allowed the sad coming to linger on the horizon long enough to enjoy the moment. He smiled, his love and appreciation for the spirit of mortals was bolstered immensely as he watched a family, destined for a day of incredible tragedy, rejoice despite what they all knew was coming. He too felt joy and walked over the Myth, extending his right hand and strongly taking forearm in his hand in a traditional show of friendship and embrace spoke, “Congratulations Myth’alas, truly this is a wonderful day!”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Rayann looked up at Nol and gave him a soft smile.

~Thank you, Nol. I just wish the news could be all joy and nothing of the sadness. And I know how you feel about Kali. I also know this will not be easy for you either. Know you are not alone in any of this. Just as we are not alone.~

Rayann watched Nol and Kali exchange looks and saw the love between them. If nothing else, Rayann knew Kali had learned to love the way she would have been taught right from the beginning and it was that Rayann could cling to when the darkest of times were upon them.

Looking back at Myth, she turned and wrapped her arms around his torso after he thanked Nol, laying her head on his chest listening to his steady heartbeat and inhaling his scent deeply. Together. That was the only way they would get through the coming days. It was the only way.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:05 am

Myth mind was still processing the gruesome imagery that lay hidden in the family portrait as well as focus on the fact that Rayann was now with child. He felt a heavy weight settle upon his heart as Kali talked of ending her own adult future, but he could not fault her reasoning. The balance of the world would simply not allow for such a thing to occur and Myth fully believed Rorie was aware of this.

The mere thought of that man's name roiled a seething hatred deep within Myth's soul. However for the moment he weathered the storm and forced a smile to enjoy the happy yet sad moment knowing that Kali's life had been sparked. With a thank you to Nol Myth focused his thoughts on the woman in his arms. Her capacity for caring was endless and the pain he felt in her because of her own blood caused him no small amount of discomfort.

With a sigh he shook his head "Thankfully the future is not yet set in stone... we shall endure this test as we have others.
Sadly I must excuse myself for a short while. I have to collect my thoughts..."

He slipped his arms away from Rayann smiling as he kissed her forehead seeing that look of concern cross her face. The control on his thoughts was shredding and Myth knew it was time to excuse himself before his thoughts flowed like a flooding river. He was ever mindful of his thoughts and Rayann and Kali's ability to pick up on things through their bond. For the moment both knew that his anger was as evident as his sorrow and his mind was already racing through scenarios and plans. They were catching a brief glimpse of the way his mind truly worked and also why he sought so diligently to keep it under wraps when he was with them lest he overload their senses.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:52 am

7: Towers - Page 2 Pirabanner

She could only chuckle at Fifth's words and smile "My dear Fifth... when am I not ready to bring destruction to the lands?"

It was of course a rhetorical question more than anything else. Piramay was always eager to unleash her special brand of magic. However her willingness to burn anything and everything in between her and her goal ensured that she was only ever fielded when total destruction was the goal. The mage of flame had a reputation for burning allies if she felt they were getting in her way both literally and figuratively. She was just as dangerous to the enemy as she was her own allies.

planting her staff into the earth she took a moment to reach skyward stretching. A soft sky escaped her lips as he arms slipped back down to her sides. "I'll let the devil handle the details of the soul extraction. Numbers mean little to me in the grand scheme. I simply care about whether you need more or have enough. You point me to the crop with which you wish to harvest and consider the place reaped of life. Though is there is a small contingent of knights in the area why not simpley start with them and save ourselves the trouble of possibly dealing with them. I would rather remove the head of a potential problem as opposed to letting it rear it's head."

In this case if the knights would be a possible nuisance why not remove it. It was her blunt force approach to triage rearing it ugly head. Of all the mages in the employ of the queen Piramay was likely to be the most unsubtle one in all the dark court. She spoke clearly making her opinions known whether someone wanted them or not. She was also more likely to flay someone in the presence of their peers just to make a point.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:35 am

7: Towers - Page 2 FifthBanner

Fifth looked at Piramay as she mentioned hitting the Knights of Solamnia and could not help but smile, “My, the naughty little minx has never lost her touch now has she?” He walked over and she could feel the magic being gathered around him as he prepared to transport them to their destiny. Reaching forward he touched the hem of her robes, enough contact to include her in the spell, “Hold on to your stomach…”

Like a comet their feet left the ground and together a streak of black and red fired across the sky, landing on a tall outcropping of rocks above Northkeep Fifth lightly brushed off his robes and turned his head to look at Piramay, “Well now, isn’t this a ‘shocker’. Ummm, Piramay if you wouldn’t mind tilting your head to the side a little, yes, thank you.” The two of them had worked together many times, it was in fact their bond on the battlefield that had forged the deep trust and respect they had for one another. Unlike many of the other generals and higher up’s in the Queen’s army they didn’t squabble with each other over position and power, perhaps it was a ‘keep your friends close and your enemies closer’ or that they both simply had the unspoken understanding to let the others eliminate themselves so they could strike out at the best opportunity, but whatever it was, Piramay was one of the very few individuals on all of Krynn that Fifth didn’t simply see as a means to an end. She was someone he truly saw as a valuable ally, and as such she was brought into this plan not because he wanted to keep her closer or because he wanted to prove something to her, but purely because he knew he could trust her to not lash back at him in the end.

His hand came up as she tilted her head giving him a wicked smile knowing exactly what he was about to do. The shadow skull spell left his palm and hit the poor slob of a Knight that happened to pull look out duty on this cliff. He didn’t even have time to scream as the spell ripped through his armor and tore a hole in his chest large enough to stick a human head through. Fifth smiled and turned back to look at Piramay, “Well, unfortunately we won’t have his soul in the well, but alas, such is the way of war, you have to move with the environment.” He looked at her and his eyes flashed brilliantly, “By chance, do you still have the soul well in your possession?”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:52 am

Kali watched as her Father dismissed himself. She could feel him suppressing his thoughts, and she understood. Often times her mind would race in much the same manner, constantly shifting the puzzle, moving the pieces, creating scenarios and playing them out in her head. It was a never ending dance of tactics and results, a dance that often left you sleepless and mentally exhausted. It was in fact one of her greatest assets when she was in the Dark Queen’s employ. Consistently she was asked to give battle scenarios before the troops went to war and she was one of the most highly regarded tacticians in the Queen’s army.

She let go of Nol and walked over to Rayann, whispering to her as she hugged her, “I do not want to die Mother… I want you to know that, but I will accept it if that is my fate, that is all I am trying to say.” She reached down and placed her hand on Rayann’s abdomen, pushing gently inward, “I am alive, in you, no matter what.” As Rayann looked up at her Kali smiled, “I live in the end.”

Nol smiled sadly and nodded as he began to make an exit, “I require my daily meditations and training, like your father, it is the only way to clear my head. Tonight, after my training I plan to start casting wardings around the property, I tell you so when you feel the pull of magic you will know why.” He bowed respectfully to Rayann and gave a half wink to Kali as he turned and exited the room. Kali helped her mother to a seat and then sat down beside her, “Rorie is too smart to not alter his plan, but in my visions of the future, when I have seen the deed unfolding, there are certain things that he must do. First, he has to be here, he has to come and do the deed himself. In light of all that has happened we know this to be true. My suspicion is that this act, this kidnapping will be the one final chance he has to please Tahkisis.” Rayann looked at her, slightly curious but Kali could see she was also understanding what was being said, “Mother, Rorie has failed her twice, the attack on Silvanost was a disaster from the Dark Queen’s point of view. I was supposed to raze the place to the ground, that was why I was there, to weave the ambient and the divine and basically blast the place to hell while the troops poured through the portals and kept the defensive forces busy. That was the reason for blasting the gate, the wall had to be breached. Obviously, we know how that ended. Then he came to Glen Durel, and we routed him yet again. I guarantee that he spent some time in punishment for that blunder. Tahkisis is cruel and wicked, but she also is smart and she won’t have executed Rorie yet, especially since she has the foreknowledge of the successful kidnapping that is yet to come. The difference now is that since the timeline is split will Rorie execute the plan as originally drawn or while he alter it to throw us off? It is hard to say, but I suspect he has no idea I am seeing visions of what is to come. I still don’t know why I am seeing them, but somehow I think Papa might be involved. He is still connected to this place, obviously, and he is trying to give us information to aid us. For now I say we trust him, and move forward as the clues come to us.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7: Towers   7: Towers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

7: Towers
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next