Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

4: Under the Cover of Darkness

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:20 pm

4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 RayannRed

Rayann didn’t think there was any more moisture that could fall from her eyes but as she sat listening to Kali describe her life with Rorie, she realized two things. She COULD produce more moisture from her eyes and what her brother did to her daughter was worse than she could have ever imagined. Rayann was so conflicted right now it wasn’t funny. She detested her brother for what he’d done to her daughter yet she still loved him and she knew she always would. He was, after all, her twin. She prayed that somehow, someway, her brother would one day see what she did was never intentional and see his hatred of her was misplaced. But even as she prayed that, she knew it most likely would never happen. No matter how much she wanted it.

As Rayann looked down at Kali and saw the look on her face as she described this other wizard and felt the fear emanating from the girl. Who ever this other wizard was truly left her daughter scared. Between what Rorie and this other wizard had done, Rayann began to wonder if Kali would ever learn to trust her or anyone else for that matter.

But even as that thought slid through her mind, Rayann felt a determination fill her. She would give Kali all the room she needed and let the girl see for herself that the love Rayann spoke of was completely different than the love she had been given while in Rorie’s care.

”The kind of love Rorie gave you was twisted with hate and revenge. I can’t tell you that the love I have for you, which your father has for you, is so different that it will pale in comparison to that. I can’t tell you how much we feared for your life after we discovered what had happened to you. I can’t tell you one day you’ll realize what you had then and what you have now is in no way comparable. I can only tell you that you will have to discover these things for yourself, Kali. I can’t force you to love me just as I can’t force my love on you. It’s either natural for you or it will never be.”

Rayann felt her throat constrict at those last words but she swallowed hard to regain her composure.

”While I pray you will one day know the love your mother and father feel for you, I will always love you and be proud of you for the courage you’ve shown these last days. The first step is always the hardest and you’ve already taken it. What you do with the opportunity you’ve been given is up to you now.”

“Just know that I will always be here for you, as will your father. Nothing will ever change the fact we are your parents and you our child. You will always be a part of us and we will always be a part of you. That is the only thing I can assure you. If you need me, I will come to you when you call.”

Rayann slid off the window sill and walked over to Kali and reached out taking a lock of her hair and let the silky strand slide through her fingers before she turned and walked away. She was suddenly exhausted mentally, physically and emotionally and wanted to rest. Kali needed some space right now and Rayann wanted to show she meant what she said and had promised herself earlier.

She would need to contact Nol and explain some things to the dragon to help him understand the reaction they both had when they were introduced to the patrons of the Inn. Hopefully the dragon would understand and she would see the sadness slip away from his eyes. Right now, though, she was interested in finding her room.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:45 pm

4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 KaliRed

Kali could not hold back the tears as her mother talked to her, though she remained curled up in the chair as she listened. The only interruptions she made as Rayann talked were the sniffles as she fought the drainage of her tears.

As Rayann finished and approached her, she lifted her head slightly, and when her mother’s fingers went into her hair, she could not help but smile. She reached up and gently touched the back of Rayann’s fingers and took in a deep breath.

She could feel Rayann’s emotions, and she suddenly got that gnawing in the pit of her stomach again, feeling that she had let her mother down. She cried softly as she stared out the window. The clouds seemed to have a life all their own, wisping and swaying with the winds, she watched through tear blurred eyes for a while before getting up to go make some tea. The top most layer of this building was massive; she could only imagine what the other two floors below her were like. If she and Rayann each had one to themselves she wasn’t sure how much she would like having this much space to herself. She found the kitchen and looked around. There was a fire going in the cooking pit and a pot of tea was already on the rack. Curiously she looked around, but there was nobody in the kitchen. She focused and concentrated on the magic around her, pressing herself into its wake and searching, the only other form of life on the top three levels was her mother, and she could already feel that she was one level below. She brought herself back to her feet and went over, grabbing the pot an inhaling the sweet aroma of the heather tea within. She poured herself a cup and went to the balcony, which rounded the entire top most level in a complete circle, and stepped outside. She starred into the clouds, feeling as though they were staring back at her. The thickness of the clouds was far too dense for anything to see her, and she wished for just the briefest of moments that she had her dragon site again. She inhaled deeply, taking in the scent of lilac and cherry blossoms that seemed to constantly linger in the air here. She lifted the cup to her lips and was about the sip when she heard a voice behind her, “I hope I am not disturbing you.”

She whipped around as fast as a wink, her silken red robes trying to keep up as the swayed a half second behind her, “SHIRAK!” she hissed the word as light erupted all around her. Nol’Lore was standing 5 meters away, his hands folded gently in front of his stomach. She looked at him curiously, and then over her shoulder, as if she expected others to be there too, but alas, they were alone. She dismissed the illumination spell and took a step towards him, swallowing sharply. “Hello Nol… how did you get up here?”

He simply smiled and made a gesture towards the clouds on his left. She spoke with a slight mischievousness to her voice, “So YOU were watching me.” He shrugged gently and smiled. “I just wanted to let you know that I am very sorry for what happened, and I didn’t mean to hurt you in any way what-so-ever. Your arrival has been long expected, and I was merely trying to show you how much we support you and are behind you. I never took into consideration that you and your mother might want a quiet arrival, and I am very sorry.”

She could not help but smile and nod ever so slightly, her chin barely moving. “Thank-you Nol, I accept your apology. It’s difficult, so much has happened in such a short time, and I am still trying to wrap myself around the changes. Truth be told, I am still adjusting just to seeing red all over my body instead of black.” She blushed slightly and brushed her long honey-blond hair off her face. Nol smiled and walked up, lifting her chin with his finger and staring down into her eyes. “There is more to you than people see, but I see it, and what’s inside is much more beautiful than what’s on the outside.”

Kali pressed her hand against his chest and pushed back, stepping away and looking up at him curiously, “How on Krynn would you know that Nol?” He simply smiled and responded, “There is much known to us about who and what you are, and in time you will see it too. Lunitari talks to her children, and we all hold you in the utmost respect.” She had forgotten that he was a dragon, and as such he had more in the way of abilities and power than she could ever dream, though that thirst for power no longer existed. She wanted to increase her knowledge of magic and do what she was meant to do, but that lust for power was gone, Lunitari had cleansed it from her. She still could not help but stare at him, tracing his form with her eyes and felt herself blushing again. Taking a deep breath she nodded gently and took a sip of her tea as Nol stood with her in silence. It had never occurred to her that due to the massive distraction she was faced with she had dropped all the mental blocks and barriers, and that a smiling mother was privy to every thought and feeling currently running through Kali’s mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Rayann had retreated to her own floor in the Inn and sought a silent refuge. She wanted so desperately to reach out to Kali and draw her close in an embrace that would somehow let the girl know how much she loved her, even though she’d just met her. Rayann was finding out what it was like to experience maternal instinct and while she had not given birth to any child, yet, she knew this woman child above her was her true and natural child as sure as if she HAD given birth to her. Well, she had, just not yet.

That’s when it hit Rayann again. Would she still give birth to Kali, even though the child was here with her now? An almost paralyzing fright grabbed a hold of Rayann then. To think she and Myth would have to play out this horrible nightmare all over again when Kali was six months old made her heart drop to her feet only to return to her throat.

”By the Gods, no…please…”

Walking to the window and looking out at the clouds as they drifted by, Rayann made an effort to calm herself. Surely there was a way to prevent this from happening now that they knew the truth. And they had Kali safe and sound at a place where it would be nearly impossible for anyone to get to her. That’s all that mattered right now. Keeping her daughter safe.

Finally Rayann turned and fixed herself a cup of tea and decided to sit down. There was nothing to be solved by stewing over what if’s and what might happens. There was the here and now and right now, she and Kali were in a magical place where they were respected and protected by some of the most powerful creatures in all of Krynn.

Rayann had just brought the cup to her lips for another sip when she felt a sudden pull on the magical current and felt a sense of fear coming from Kali. Nearly dropping the cup she set it down quickly on the table next to the chair when she jumped to her feet and was getting ready to blink to Kali when something totally unexpected happened.

Kali dropped all of her blocks and Rayann stood in complete wonderment and amazement as she felt her daughters emotions. Nol was with Kali right now and Kali was a bit surprised but all in all, the girl was not only happy but excited to have the dragon’s company. Suddenly realizing she was being privy to things her daughter might not want her to be privy of, Rayann quickly put her own blocks up and let her daughter have her privacy.

As Rayann settled down once more, she felt her cheeks color. She remembered a time when Myth made her felt he same way. Come to think of it, he still made her feel that way. It was time she thought about something else to get her mind off her beloved and how much she missed him right now. Hopefully things would be cleared up soon and he could come pay her and Kali a visit, as Lunitari had promised she would make sure Myth could reach both of them.

Finding a book on a near by table, Rayann opened it up and saw the pages were blank. Thinking it odd, she pulled the book to her lap and furrowed her brows. Just then she felt the current of magic flow around her once more and as she looked at the blank pages, she saw the words she recognized as spells fill the page up. Spells she had already had entered into her former spell book suddenly began to fill her new spell book as she meditated and began to fill her book. What was interesting was that the spells she already knew only took up about a quarter of the space in the book. That meant she had much to learn and plenty of space for the new spells she was going to learn.

--------------
A few hour later, Rayann was finally pulled herself from her meditation and looked around. The hour was growing late as the sun began to dip low on the horizon. Quickly getting to her feet, she realized it had been a while since both she and Kali had eaten. Even now her stomach was telling her she had neglected to remember it in her meditation. Leaving her floor, she walked up the stairs to Kali’s floor and was getting ready to enter when she stopped herself. Smoothing out her robes, Rayann knocked softly on the door.

”Kali? I was just wondering if you were hungry? I’ll go get us something to eat and bring it to your room if you’d like. I’m about ready to gnaw the sole off my boots.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Time had flown by and Kali looked up after laughing at one of Nol’s statements the darkness had taken the daylight and the clouds swirled all the more vibrantly as the mixed light of the red and white moons soaked through them. She smiled and turned to Nol, just about to say something when she heard her mother. She stood and concentrated, focusing her mind and spoke to Rayann through a missive…

~‘Mother, I am upstairs with Nol’Lore, please come join us and yes, I would love to eat!’~

Kali’s voice in Rayann’s head was chipper and when she arrived Kali walked over to her and grabbed her in a hug. She whispered into Rayann’s ear, “I am sorry for how I was earlier Mother. Things are…, well they are difficult right now, and I am so split on natural reaction versus intentional response.” She was about to pull away but then drew herself in again, “Nol has been with me the whole time.”

The words came out less as a statement and more as a gesture. She moved back and a beaming smile crossed her face as she spoke to Rayann, “So what would you like to eat? I have a feeling that whatever we wish for, this place will provide.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:56 am

Rayann couldn’t help but blink and suck in her breath when she heard Kali’s voice in her head. The fact she was communicating this way was a shock in of itself but to hear the difference in her voice was the biggest shock of all. When she discovered the silver dragon was with her daughter, Rayann couldn’t help but bow her head for a moment and say a quick thank you to Lunitari for having the insight to bring them to this place. Apparently the Veiled Maiden knew what Kali needed on more than one level.

When she arrived on the level Kali’s rooms were located on, She was taken aback again by the embrace her daughter gave her and the words spoken by Kali. Without hesitation, though, Rayann embraced her daughter lovingly and closed her eyes as she heard the words Kali spoke to her in confidence. Rayann felt tears stung her eyes and she blinked them away then looked over at Nol’Lore.

~Thank you…..for reaching my daughter when I was unable. I could never repay you for your kindness. I am forever indebted to you.~

As Kali hugged her again, Rayann smiled brightly and hugged her daughter tight again as she whispered softly in her ear as well.

”It’s quite alright, Kali. I’m new at all of this as well. It’s not everyday a woman discovers she has a half grown daughter. It’s all a part of learning who we are with each other.”

As Kali stepped back and smiled at Rayann brightly, she couldn’t help but suck in her breath as she saw the true beauty of her daughter shining through. The time Nol’Lore had spent with Kali had been nothing short of miraculous not to mention therapeutic. Blinking and looking from Kali to Nol’Lore then back again, Rayann stammered slightly.

”Oh…well…I hadn’t…really thought about it much. I only know I’m starving and could really eat something. But it has been a while since I had some roasted chicken and vegetables. And some chocolate cake.”

Turning her gaze to Nol’Lore, she grinned and quirked the fine brow over her left eye.

”Would that be possible, Master Nol?”
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:36 pm

4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Mythban2

The past two days were like a blur to Myth. A great many events had taken place and many more revelations. Since returning home Myth's life been flipped upside down and dragged through every possible form of much he could have imagined. The ceremony upon his return now seemed like a simple matter compared to the days that followed.

After going to retrieve Rayann from Nim'Sul's tower everything spiraled into a controled form of chaos. The battle with the dark robed women that ended up being Myth's future daughter, and subsiquently the assault on the city the next day by Rorie the fallen and Kali. The battle had been a short one but the after effects would be felt for months as the city tried to repair the gates and bury the lost soldiers.

Myth reached up rubbing his temple gently as he remembered the short lived assault on Silvanost. The anger that filled every fiber of his being that day as he looked upon Rorie flailing about casting wildly. He still held to his belief that the man was beyond redemption. A small hint of guilt filled the pit of his stomach as he lingered on that thought. In truth Myth knew it was not his place to decide but he had done so there on the field of battle. There was a feint feeling of relief when Rorie had vanished fromt he earth before him. He was greatful that he was not going to face Rayann for that action.

Myth sipped his honey tea as he stared into the flames of the fireplace. As his thoughts shifted to the events following the battle with the dark forces. After discovering Aeolis' treachery he had travelled to the palace of his father to make his report and to finally clear the last vestiges of his past mistakes. He had made his report on the matter at hand and also took the time to explain the events inside Nim'Sul's tower. As Myth had guessed his father had been aware of complications with Aeolis but it was hard to pin the matter down so it was left to ferster regretably.

As for the events inside the tower Myth was told that what happened was regretable it was also unavoidable. Were it another wizard Myth's father simpoly said that Nim'Sul himself would not have likely held the two responsable. Greatful to know what had happened insdie Myth was then asked to never speak of it again. Myth could only nod his head. The entirety of their talk Myth's eyes had remained on his father but diverted slightly as he chose. With business concluded his father decided they should talk privately in hsi study for a while to discuss less stately matters. Myth remembered agreeing reluctantly because he was not looking forward to facing this matter alone.

The talk that followed was more profound than Myth could have imagined. His reasons for leaving were discusssed as well as his reasons for coming home. Myth divulged every detail his father asked of him and in the end forgiveness. Myth did not think it would come easily and as his fahter would soon explain there were many reaons.

Myth had questioned people refering to him as the crown prince of Silvanost because his brotehr Jerrin was the eldest and thus by right of birth it was his title. With a heavy heart Myth was told that Jerrin had been injured while on campaign in the north when one of his own captains turned on him during a critical manuever during a battle witht eh dark forces. Unfortunately the injuries would prove fatal. It was at Jerrin's request that Myth be allowed a chance to be redeemed if he ever appeared on the pathss of Silvanost again. Jerrin had always thought Myth's departure had a darker hand involved and would not hear otherwise from anyone. After another hour or more of talking with his father, Myth had retired to his home to rest and contemplate matters.

Myth sipped on his tea rousing himself from his thoughts. He had been brooding for a day and a half now and he knew it was time to move on to other matters. Sitting on the table next to him was the box that contained the rose he had gifted to Rayann. When she informed him that she was leaving with Kali she also told him he could use the rose to come to them when he was ready. While he was not certain that he was ready he knew he was in need of a reassuring presence.

As he opened the box he was surprised to see that there was a tinge of red on the flower. This was a curious change as it was the pristine white that had caught his eye. With a sigh he pushed the matter aside and took the rose in his hand and concentrated on feeling the direction of Rayann's presence. He was not sure how this was supposed to work only that he was assured that it would. Arrangments had been made already to accomidate his absence for a couple weeks whiel he dealt with a critical personal matter. Nothing could be more critical than Rayann and Kali. Myth closed his eyes and felt magic overtake him.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:24 am

Rayann enjoyed a wonderful meal with Kali and Nol. The dragon entertained both of the women in his company with stories from long ago and some more recently. More than once Kali’s laughter filled the area and Rayann couldn’t help but smile at her daughters change in demeanor. She couldn’t help wishing Myth were there to see this amazing metamorphosis that had occurred in their daughter.

When the meal was finished, she said her good nights to both Kali and Nol and retired to her own floor. After the lively evening she spent with Kali and Nol, the silence of her rooms seemed empty and lonely. With a sigh, she waved her hand and a few candles fluttered to life around the place allowing a soft, warm glow to chase away the loneliness.

It didn’t help, though. While she could feel her daughter above her and knew she was enjoying the company she had, Rayann felt the longing for the company of a certain Elf Prince and walked over to the window. The twin moons gave off a soft glow that illuminated everything in a soft, pink hue and Rayann felt her Goddess’ presence. Thankful Lunitari had intervened when she did, Rayann could never explain the gratitude she felt for the Goddess’ intervention.

Rayann had just reserved herself to meditating when she felt a sudden pull on the magic around her. Spinning on her heels to look behind her, she saw a portal begin to form. Furrowing her brows, she wondered who was visiting her and held her breath daring to hope. The light of the portal grew so bright that Rayann squinted and brought her hand up to shield her eyes from it’s intensity. When the light finally faded, Myth stood there, holding the rose hair pin in his hand. The petals of the rose began to fold back into a bud.

Rayann felt her heart catch in her throat as the large form of Myth stood in her quarters. Her hand went to the bas of her throat as her eyes seemed to drink in everything about him. When he blinked and looked over at her, Rayann didn’t hesitate a moment longer.

Picking up the hem of her robes to keep from tripping on them she rushed to Myth. Just before she reached him she jumped into his arms wrapping her arms around his neck as she welcomed him with a soft kiss as her voice filled his mind.

~I’m so glad you came. I’ve missed you so much.~
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:20 pm

As the light faded Myth opened his eyes. He was still disoriented when he looked towards Rayann and managed to steady himself only moments before she leapt into his arms. Holding her close he took in a deep breath and sighed. He could feel the tension of the last couple days begin to bleed away. Placing his forehead to hers he smiled as her voice spoke into his mind.

"I came as soon as I was able to Rayann... it has been a difficult couple of days and while I could have used your support I know that you had vastly more important matters..." he smiled "I missed you as well..."

Reluctantly he set her down upon the ground once more. He was feeling a little unstable and did not wish to topple over like a tree in the forest. Steadying himself he quirked his eyebrow slightly as he took a small step back to get a better look at his beloved. The look of curiosity on his face seemed to be quite out of place.

It was quite clear that he was just noticing her change in attire as he looked her over with an appraising eye. He scratched his chin lightly before a small mirk crept back up. "I think that red suits you quite well mel'amin. I would wager that the past couple days with Kali have been somewhat chaotic."

Looking around the room he noted how spacious things were. It was clear they were not at her childhood home. This was a most curious development that he had not expected, but then again he did not expect to meet his future daughter either for that matter. "I see this is not the glen so I am to assume that it has something to do with your new robes." He held up his hand knowing she was about to say something and shook his head. "There will be time to catch up on details soon enough."

He noted the sky through the window seeing that night was upon them. "For the moment I think a bite to eat is in order. I haven't had a lot of time to focus on such things. I am guessing that Kali is in her own room for the eve."

he wrinkled his nose slightly "This gives us some time to ourselves and me some time to collect my thoughts." He reached out taking her hand. "I know you are eager to discuss things so I will not make you wait long"

Myth's eyes had barely left her since he had appeared. While he had given the room a brief glance that was all that he had done. The stress he had been enduring in Silvanost was clear as crystal to Rayann and he knew it. It was clear Myth wanted a few minutes before more chaos was placed intohis lap. He was eager but apprehensive to discuss Kali, but his mind was in an unusual state of chaos and the time he saught was clearly meant for him to fget his head on straight. However as chaotic as his mind was it was improving steadily and had since he emerged into the room.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:14 pm

Just having Myth there with her was more than she could have ever hoped for and while she wanted to tell him everything that had happened since their departure after the battle in Silvanost, Rayann could also feel the chaos in Myth and knew what ever she would tell him could wait. When the time was right to open up about everything, they would both know it. For now, though, he was here with her and that was all that mattered.

Of course when he admired her new robes and complimented her she felt her cheeks grow warm and that slight flutter her heart would do when he did such things to her. Smiling almost shyly, she took the hairpin from his hand and placed it in her white hair. The bud opened a little to reveal more of the precious flower in response.

As he took her hand, she reached across with her other and rested her hand on his upper arm as she leaned her head against him. Guiding him to the window to look out at the sky and admire the twin moons that illuminated the night sky, she knew he would see the occasional dragon flying in the distance and his curiosity would grow but she also knew his curiosity would wait.

~I’ll send for some food to be brought up for you. It won’t take them long. In the meantime, sit and rest. I can tell you’ve had quite the time of it. The only thing I will say is that you will be pleasantly surprised in our daughter.~

True to her word, Rayann ordered the food and in no time it was delivered to her quarters. As Myth enjoyed his first good meal in a couple of days, Rayann sat at the table with him and nibbled on a few things but mostly sipped some tea. There was little spoken between them and when Myth was finished eating, everything vanished. Noting the curious look on his face, Rayann chuckled softly and waved her hand dismissively.

~I’m not used to that yet either, mel’amin. I suppose in time I will be.~

Getting up from the table, Rayann walked over to Myth and leaned down to kiss his cheek softly before taking his hand and leading him out to the balcony that overlooked the city. Sitting down on a swing, she urged Myth to do the same. When he was seated next to her, she leaned her head against his upper arm and looked out over the twinkling stars as the swing began to sway gently back and forth. Her small hand found his larger one and she interlaced the fingers.

~Things have been very…..interesting, since we left. There’s much I have to learn about being a mother and right now, it’s such a chaotic pitch and climb that I feel as though I’m on some sort of odd walking journey.….~

Again she waved her hand dismissively then leaned her had back to look up at his handsome face.

~I take it things have calmed some back in Silvanost since you are here now. I’m glad.~

There was a smile on her face before she looked back out over the city.

~The homecoming you had was not the homecoming I had envisioned. I’m glad we returned when we did, though. If we hadn’t, there wouldn’t have been a home for you to return to.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:15 pm

Kali could not help but become completely enamored with the silver dragon. She kept trying to remind herself that he was a dragon, not a human, but it mattered not, in her eyes he was the most spectacular specimen she had ever met, and it was clear in her eyes. Nol kept looking over at her as well, his facial features expressing his deep interest in Kali.

Rayann stood and said her good nights, and Kali stood, walked over and hugged her mother tightly. She whispered into her mother’s ear, “There’s a new moon rising mother,” and squeezed Rayann tightly. She stepped back and sat back down. Nol stood and bowed respectfully to Rayann as she left and then turned back to Kali, “Would you like to go to bed as well?”

Kali shoke her head and responded, “No, after all that has happened in the last couple days, sleep is the last thing on my mind.” Nol smiled with a look of relief, that he was not ready to part company for the evening and offered a suggestion, “Would you care to take this to the balcony then? The clouds are breaking and the view from atop this place is spectacular!” Kali agreed swiftly and stood to her feet, taking her tea and followed Nol to the balcony. They were tremendously high, in fact Kali had never been atop a structure this high in her whole life. The people below in the street were barely recognizable and she was amazed that this building could stand so tall. “Amazing! I can’t believe this!” She looked around and took in the mountains to the West, their snow packed peaks bathed in a pink hue as the moons rays shone brightly together. She turned and looked at Nol, his silver hair taking on that same pink color. She blushed and smiled as he stepped a little closer. “Have you ever flown?” She quirked a brow, somewhat disappointed at the question, but also curious as to what he meant. “You mean like, flown in the sky? No, I mean, there are spells, but I never learned them, teleportation is so much quicker and ….” He pressed his finger below her chin and looked deeply into her eyes. “You have yet to live if you have not seen the world from the back of a dragon.”

He leapt off the balcony and a flash of brilliant silver light exploded as his human body became the silvery form of his draconic one. He swirled around the massive tower and came to land on the rooftop, looking down over the eve at her. He was not a large dragon, and though he had never revealed his age Kali could only assume he was younger. His mannerisms and such suggested this, though she had never spent time around any chromatics. She had spoken to many of Tahkisis dragons who guarded the Dark Queens fortress, but they tended to be the elders, and were also of chaotic alignment. “Well Kali, are you gonna make me wait all day?” his silver eye lid dipped as he winked and withdrew his head from sight. A grin crossed her face and she blinked, appearing on the rooftop beside him. The wind was calm and the night warm, she gazed at Nol and spoke, “I have never done this, so go easy on me.” He turned his head and smiled as he dipped his wing so she could climb onto his back, “Don’t worry Kali, I won’t allow any harm to come to you.”

She climbed onto his back and with a leap that shoke the tower Nol was in the air, his scales flashing in the moonlight as the robes of a neutral mage beat like a flag off his back. They disappeared into the night as the moons seemed to shine just a little more brightly.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:58 pm

4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Maleelf

Aeolis woke up with a throbbing head and looked around. Furrowing his brows, he was completely confused as to why he was in a holding cell, with his hands restrained. As he sat up, the throbbing in his head increased and he groaned and he closed his eyes trying to make the pain go away.

Finally he stood up and half walked, half stumbled across the floor to the door. Glancing in both directions, he frowned even more then called out for someone to come to where he was.

”Will somebody please tell me what the hell is going on? Why am I being restrained while in a holding cell?”

After a few seconds, one of his fellow Home Guards walked over to him and looked as confused as Aeolis did.

“Commander? You do not remember?”

Aeolis snapped at the guard.

”No, fool. If I did do you think I would be asking these questions. Now….unlock these wrist shackles and let me out of here.”

The guard took a small step back and blinked.

“I cannot sir.”

Aeolis was growing impatient and snapped again.

”What do you mean you cannot? Have you gone mad? Quit playing games and get me out of here.”

The guard shook his head.

“I am not playing games, sir and I cannot let you out. You honestly do not remember anything?”

Aeolis glared at the man.

”What part of the word ‘no’ do you not understand? It is a simple answer to which there should be no explanation needed.”

The guard was truly perplexed now.

“You attached Ceridwyn. You almost killed her. And you are to remain locked up until your fate is decided?”

Aeolis blinked and looked astonished then glared again.

”Now who is playing games? I demand you release me. By whose order am I to be held like a common prisoner?”

The guard blinked again.

“Prince Myth’Alas’ word, sir.”

Aeolis felt that strange buzzing in his head once more and clenched his jaw. Her reached forward with his shackled wrists and grabbed the bars.

”Then get the Prince down here so I can tell him he i…..”

Aeolis stopped in mid sentence and blinked then stared, mortified at his hands. They were covered in dried blood. Slowly releasing the bars, he stepped away from the door and stared dumbfounded at his hands. The guard said something but he couldn’t hear what he was saying. All Aeolis knew was that there was dried blood on his hands and it wasn’t his own.

Turning his back to the door, he went over to sit down and ponder what on earth happened. The more he tried to think about it the more that buzzing sound would return and the more his head would pain him. Over and over again he kept hearing a voice in the buzzing sound whispering to him telling him how stupid these Elves were and how killing all of them would be the best thing that could happen to them and then HE could be Speaker of the Stars.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:22 pm

4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Kwinnb10

Kwinn stood at the balcony of Tanjee's home, the city was calm again and Rayann had left, followed shortly by Myth. There seemed to be a lull in the action for now but Kwinn felt that the threat was not gone. The ranger was thinking of the Sylvan elves, they were connected to the magic of Krynn, a magic that resided in everything. Magic was everywhere in Krynn, and the elves knew best how to use it.

Kwinn was happy to help them defend their home, he admired the Sylvan people and wanted to be of use. Kwinn thought of Tanjee, most of all he wanted her to be safe and happy. He looked inside the dwelling, she was sitting inside, the ranger could see her but she could not see him. She had become the most important thing to him now and he searched himself for answers.

How could he find the strength to continue to protect her and her kind? His skills as a warrior were fair and his love for Tanjee was strong but the ranger knew that might not be enough. To stand against the dark queen and her ilk the ranger would need new skills. It was time for Kwinn to walk a new path. The ranger had always felt that his time as a ranger was leading him somewhere else, leading him to something greater.

Kwinn had made up his mind, soon he would seek out Ceridwyn and ask her to consider teaching him the magic of the white robes. It was possible that Kwinn would be denied, but he had a feeling that Ceridwyn would give his request some good thought, she would not turn him away just because of mere rules and regulations. It was also entirely possible that she simply could not teach him, perhaps she was busy or not interested, perhaps she did not deal with humans.

Kwinn looked again to Tanjee, how would she take his decision?, it was not a easy one. Kwinn knew in his heart that it was the right thing.

Kwinn walked into the home and faced Tanjee.
"I have given it a lot of thought, I have decided to ask Ceridwyn to teach me the ways of magic. I seek to have the strength to help you and your people, I wish to learn to use the magic that is all around us. Please know that I do this with an open heart, I do this for me as well as the other reasons I've mentioned."

Kwinn smiled at Tanjee.

"I care for you deeply, I will not stand by while you and your people are threatened."

Kwinn walked to the balcony again. Ceridwyn had said that if she was needed to simply speak her name to the wind and she would soon come.

Kwinn walked to edge of the balcony and did just that.
"Ceridwyn..."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:15 pm

4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 CeriBanner

Her eyes fluttered open and she looked around her domicile. She reached down, remembering the wound but where the knife had gone in there was smooth flesh. She looked around curiously, and she remembered the warmth that entered her right at the point of unconsciousness, she didn’t know how, or who, but she had been healed of the wound Aeolis had inflicted on her, and ultimately she knew it was Mishikal that was responsible.

She looked down, her robes were still covered in the stain of blood. She frowned and sat up, staring at the torn fabric, and she felt a sadness that was beyond simply losing a favorite garment. These were her beloved robes and as all wizards, she prided them. She placed her feet on the ground and stood, walking over to a mirror and staring, the blood stain went up just above her bossom and all the way down to the hem at her feet, covering a good forty percent of the front of her robes. She felt a ting of anger that Aeolis would attack her like this, so viciously and with such hatred. She had felt the darkness around him, and she knew ultimately the Elf wasn’t responsible, but the Elf is the one who would pay the consequences.

Going to her bureau she removed some fresh clothes. After removing her robes and placing them on their stand she dressed in the pristine white clothes that looked exactly like the Silvanesti fashion of the day, only pure white. Though she was wearing clothing obviously made by Elves and caused her to fit in she refused to give up the white which symbolized the connection to her god. She was getting ready to go to the kitchen and make herself some honey tea when she heard Kwinn call her on the winds. She smiled and set the kettle down instead of placing it on the hearth wire and concentrated, blinking to his location. From behind he would suddenly hear her voice, “Kwinn, the Ranger, how can I help you?”

She looked different in her Elven dress, even more petite and fragile than she did when surrounded by acres of fabric. As he looked at her she smiled warmly and stared with her sharp, deep chestnut brown eyes.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 4:10 pm

4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Kwinnb10

Kwinn had only just said her name when her voice could be heard behind him.
"Hello Ceridwyn, I would like to ask you something important. I wish to learn the ways of magic, I would like to learn the ways of the white robes."

Kwinn kept it short and sweet, he figured that there was no sense in hinting around. Kwinn looked Ceridwyn over, she was not wearing her robes, she was wearing common clothes but they were bright white. She seemed more girl like without her robes, she seemed smaller and younger.

"I know this is not asked lightly, I have given it a lot of thought and this is what I want."

Tanjee was near Ceridwyn, Kwinn looked to her and back to Ceridwyn as he spoke.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 4:36 pm

4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 CeriBanner

Ceridwyn was slightly surprised by his request, and her curiosity was obvious in her face. She turned and looked at Tanjee, studying her a moment, and then back to Kwinn.

“Kwinn, this certainly takes me by surprise. I have a few questions that you need to ask yourself before you embark on this path. For starters, you are much older than the average novice, and as such you will be at an incredible disadvantage, or at least some will see it that way. The first question I would ask you is what is your motivation for doing this? The path of magic is not one lightly tread. If you make this decision it will require constant study, night and day, and to be honest it will be ten or more years before you are ready to even consider taking the trials.”

She paused and looked at Tanjee, it was obvious that these two were in love with one another, and her heart was torn as to what to say next. Turning she looked back at Kwinn and spoke again.

“You won’t have much time for a relationship, with any woman, and this is something to strongly consider. I know you and Tanjee, well, I know you are involved. I know you have attempted to keep it at a low level but it is obvious in the way you look at one another, and you may end up having to choose which path you wish to walk one day that of magic, or that of love. I would also like to give you a snapshot of the ultimate destination you will walk to should you become a student of magic. The trials are necessary before you can wear the robes of a wizard, and failure in those trials means, death. There is no exception, it is the way of magic that those who can’t pass the test must die to keep the Art pure and free of those who are incapable. This has been the way of magic since the beginning of its introduction on Krynn, even Solinari, the patron of the White Robes agrees to this outcome for those who can’t pass the trials. You need to strongly consider this before you step on the path for once you walk into the use of magic it will always be a part of you.”

She looked at the Ranger carefully, her face was kind and full of warmth, “Kwinn, I am not trying to discourage you, and if you truly want to learn magic I am willing to teach you, at least at first. Have you ever cast a spell?”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:04 pm

4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Healer

It hadn’t been easy for Tanjee after she discovered the treachery her brother had done. To her it seemed as though she were stared at and whispered about where ever she ventured in the Elven city. For the first time in her life, Tanjee felt utterly and totally alone. Had it not been for Kwinn’s presence in her life, she wasn’t sure how she would be able to handle it all. So Kwinn’s announcement that he wanted to learn magic and particularly from Ceridwyn took Tanjee by complete surprise. She knew the Ranger was doing all he could to help the Elves of Silvanost and he had done a fine job by putting his back into some intense manual labor, but she also knew the Ranger felt as though he weren’t doing enough.

Before she could say anything to him, he called for Ceridwyn and true to her word, Ceridwyn appeared in Tanjee’s mother’s house. Ashamed of what her brother had done to the beautiful, petite Magi, Tanjee looked at her feet unable to bring herself to look into Ceridwyn’s eyes for fear of the disgust she would see in their depths. As Tanjee listened intently to the conversation between Kwinn and Ceridwyn, the Elf felt as though the floor was being pulled out from under her little by little and she was helpless to stop the inevitable outcome.

Her gold/green eyes flickered from Ceridwyn to Kwinn and back again. She admired Kwinn for even considering the task of becoming a wizard, but at the same time she wanted to be selfish and keep him here with her. When Ceridwyn stated she knew they were involved, Tanjee’s cheeks colored slightly and she shifted her weight on her feet nervously.

Listening to Ceridwyn explain the commitment Kwinn would need to accept for his studies, Tanjee felt a lump form in her throat and tears sting her eyes. She’d gotten so used to the human being with her day and night now she couldn’t imagine him not being there. When Ceridwyn spoke about the trials, Tanjee closed her eyes and felt a stray tear slip down her face.

She wanted to scream out at Kwinn not to do this that she’d help him find a way to be more productive if that’s what he wanted but Tanjee was mature enough to know a man had to make his own way in life. Regardless of what she wanted. And while Tanjee wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of Kwinn’s natural life with him, she had to let him live a life he was happy with,

Her smaller hand slipped into his and she held it loosely letting him know she was there and would support what ever decision he made. If fate saw to guide him down the path of the wizard, then she would let him go, reluctantly, and hope he would return to her again one day. If he failed his trials….well….she didn’t want to think that.

Slowly lifting her head, she tried her best to keep her emotions in check and let Kwinn choose his own path in this life.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 3:06 am

Myth's eyes focused on the dragon's in the distance and a small smile crept up to his lips. When Myth and Jerrin where younger they were often left in the company of an friend of their father's. The man's name was Arvandor Goldmane and later in their lives the two would learn that Arvandor was a gold dragon in disguise. There was a long history between the family and Arvandor's particular brood. Some deed in the distant past had ensured a bond between the brood and the royal family. Myth remembered the tales Arvandor had of a particular island often described with reverence and Myth was certain this was that place. The brief thought of Arvandor and subsequently Jerrin dulled Myth's mood for a time until food was served.

The meal had been exemplary compared to the last couple days. Myth had barely eaten anything at all after he had seen his father and made the arrangements to leave Silvanost. He had told his father that a matter of great personal importance needed his attention. The Speaker gave Myth that knowing nod and let Myth be on his way. Myth knew that his father was most likely in the know about Kali and knew what it was Myth was going to do. It still did not make the decision to leave Silvanost so soon any easier. As the remains of the meal vanished Myth could only watch with a quirked eyebrow and shake his head. Such are things in a place watched over by gods of magic.

After the meal Myth tried to let himself relax as he and Rayann sat staring into the distance from there place on the balcony. The peace of this place was soothing, but Rayann's presence made it more so. A small smile appeared as their hands interlaced and he let his worries go for the moment.

"It was certainly not what I was expecting either, but welcome none the less. Some things went remarkably better than others but I can assure you this has been the most chaotic week of my entire life, and that is truly an exceptional feat."

His eyes followed a golden shape on the horizon for a time before it vanished. His thoughts shifting once more to Jerrin and Arvandor. If Jerrin had perished while on campaign Myth wondered what had happened to his golden companion. Arvandor and Jerrin had made a bond as most of the crown princes in ages past had done with members of the golden brood. While Myth knew Jerrin's fate he was curious about the golden dragon as well. Perhaps this would be the best place to inquire about the matter.

Myth took in a deep breath and tightened his hold on Rayann closing his eyes. When the tower shook Myth's muscles instantly tightened as his eyes opened and shifted skyward. As he saw the silver dragon take flight he relaxed noting the fluttering red robe and blond hair he smiled. He knew by feeling alone whom he was seeing but said nothing. She was being awarded a rare honor by a dragon.

"Wonders never cease to amaze me..." He relaxed himself knowing Rayann saw what he did.

"I suppose now is as good a time as any to get caught up on recent events."
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:47 am

The air against her face was ice cold, but she didn’t shiver. The sound of the wind whipping by her ears was deafening and she didn’t care. She wanted to scream her freedom to the stars but the speed she was experiencing caused her to hold her breath.

Nol circled the multiple islands of the Dragon Isles, and it took all the strength Kali had to hold on so she could look and take in the scenery. Finally she spoke to him in missive; he could only smile as he felt her voice enter his mind. ~I have never seen anything so beautiful. Truly this is one of the most magnificent places on all of Krynn.~

He hesitated to answer but felt it might be alright since she had initiated the conversation. ~It is pleasant to hear your voice in my mind Kali. I hope you don’t mind me speaking back.~ she blushed slightly, and responded, ~No Nol, when we first met there was just too much stimulation all around me, and I am not used to those sorts of displays. Mind speaks was always uncomfortable to me because I knew it could be easily turned against you, but with you and Rayann I feel…. safe. Truly I am embarrassed about what happened the other day, but you need to know there are a lot of shadows in my past, and I am only newly blessed with this new life.~

He continued flying, saying nothing in response. Kali was a little disappointed; she was missing his voice after only a few seconds. Finally he circled high and came to land atop a white peaked mountain. It towered over the capital city and Kali could clearly see the tall Inn of Luminescence. She smiled knowing that was where her mother was. She almost wished again that she had her dragon sight so she could zoom in and see her mother, but she also didn’t regret in the least that she had her half Elven eyes again, for they contained advantages of their own.

Nol turned and looked at her, his massive dragon head turning to a smile as he morphed back to his human form. He walked over to her and gently grabbed her arms, looking deeply into her eyes. She swallowed hard and felt herself withdrawing mentally, but her body wanted to move closer. She stood frozen, staring back at him. His voice came forth, gentle and full of kindness. “You have a new life now, and that is what matters right now. It is only under extremely rare circumstances that a god will directly interact with a mortal, and you have experienced that very thing. It is unfortunate that the gods are at war, Tahkisis has started a battle for everything in the universe, and she is not going to stop.”

Kali nodded, in her mind the flood of memories she still had concerning the Dark Queen of Chaos. The days she sat in the war room, listening to the battle plan as Tahkisis laid out her vision to the Dragon Lords and the Generals of her armies. She even remembered Myth; he was always close at hand, but never obvious. She remembered having conversations about him with her Uncle Rorie, and he never seemed to speak too highly of the man. As such she also held contempt for Myth, knowing he was close to the queen, a position she wanted for herself. Never had it even remotely occurred to her that he was her father, and now that she knew, the guilt in her was intense.

Almost as if he knew her thoughts, Nol touched her with his index finger beneath her chin and gently lifted her face to look back into his eyes. His smile was infectious and she couldn’t help but return one of her own. “It will take time to rebuild, but at least you are starting with a solid foundation, and you are with your family, which is where you belong.” She looked at him curiously, not one hundred percent that he was referring just to Myth and Rayann, but she let it go. She was about to say something when she suddenly felt the warmth of Nil’s lips against her own. She didn’t hesitate as she pressed herself into him, feeling electricity run down her spin and felt his arm around the small of her back tighten as her knees went weak and gave way. His scent was beyond anything she had ever experienced. He gently let her put her weight back on her feet and he leaned back slightly, smiling softly. “Perhaps it’s time to get you home.”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:26 am

Rayann felt the tension melt away from Myth the more time he was with her. While it had only been a little while, already she could see the difference in him. The deep lines that creased his forehead were hardly noticeable now and the chaotic frenzy his mind was in had calmed significantly. Happy to be nothing more than a shore to his stormy sea, Rayann sat relaxed with her head on Myth’s shoulder as they looked out over the darkened island and the occasional object flying in the distance.

Like Myth, when she felt the shaking of the tower she sat up quickly but when she saw what had caused the trembling, Rayann merely smiled and settled back with Myth and placed her head on his shoulder once more. When he said he was finally ready to know what had happened, Rayann took a deep breath and remained silent for a few moments. Myth would know Rayann was trying to get her thoughts in order so she didn’t give him a chaotic blend of things. Finally, she began to relay everything that took place since she and Kali left Silvanost.

~I thought Glen Durel would be the place Kali and I needed to go so she could be safe and have time to figure things out for herself. I was sadly mistaken. It seems Rorie has even tainted our childhood home.~

She paused as she felt the sadness of the fact she would most likely never be able to return there again.

~While we were there, it seems as though the Dark Queen could reach Kali when ever she wished and tormented our daughter mercilessly. And there was nothing I was able to do to protect her from this torture. It was when that…..Dark…..Demon….planned on taking Kali from us forever in a way no soul should be Lunitari intervened. Kali was cleansed of Takhisis’ grasp and granted a new life under the guidance of the Veiled Maiden herself. When I rushed in to the room Kali was in to help her Lunitari said my oath to the Gods had been accepted. Solinari gave his blessing for me as did Nuitari for Kali to be accepted into the fold of the Veiled Maiden.~

~You see, mel’amin, I realized it’s not one side or the other that will maintain balance. It’s those who straddle the middle who are truly in charge of maintaining the balance. True neutrality is the only sure way to make sure one side or the other doesn’t gain too much power tipping the scales. But it’s also those who stand in the middle, practicing the true magic of Krynn, that will bring the magic back to the land. The perverse raping Takhisis has done to the world cannot be allowed to continue. Ambient magic is nothing more than common thievery and only through restoring the natural magic in this world will we be able to defeat those who are using magic in an unnatural way.~

~After Lunitari gave us our robes, she brought us here, to the Myst Isle where we were greeted by Nol’Lore Silentclaw who is, as you have already seen, a silver dragon. Of course our greeting was a bit….over the top and Kali and I realized we weren’t quite ready for public appearances. Well, at least not the sort we found ourselves in. We were given the top two floors of the Inn of Luminescence as well as the meeting hall on the upper most level of the Inn. Things were difficult and tense between Kali and I, to say the least. I tried to explain to her that no matter what, she was our daughter and we loved her. But she couldn’t understand what I was talking about.~

Rayann closed her eyes and swallowed hard.

~Rorie used her love as a weapon against her. There’s no doubt he loved her, but it wasn’t the sort of love we would have shown and given her. And the training she received from one of Takhisis’ minions…a man with a nasty scar on his face…..was nothing short of mind shredding. He tortured and tormented her with his mind against her own.~

Rayann opened her eyes and furrowed her brow.

~I have never hated anyone but I can honestly say I am about as close as I can be to hating someone when I think of this man who did these things to Kali. And what Rorie did is unforgivable.~

Myth cold tell she was conflicted when it came to Rorie but ultimately she knew what he did could never go unpunished.

~It wasn’t until Kali spent some time with Nol that she began to see that while she will never be able to forget what she did in the past, she had a future ahead of her that was limitless and filled with so much more than anything she could have had before. And she will appreciate things more knowing she gained them honestly and not through spite or anger but through knowing what it is to truly love and be loved. Unconditionally.~

Tilting her head back so she could look at Myth’s face, Rayann smiled softly.

~The way her parents love each other.~

A strange sensation came over Rayann then and she gasped softly. Without realizing it again, Kali had left herself open to her mother and recognizing that sensation, Rayann quickly put the blocks in place so she left her daughter to her own privacy. As she sat next to Myth her cheeks flushed and she felt her heart beat just a little faster as she felt the same weakness in her knees Kali had felt. Thankful she was sitting down Rayann glanced up at Myth knowing his curious gaze was upon her. Quickly playing her reaction off, she smiled coyly at the Elf Prince.

~I don't think I will ever get used to the way I feel when I'm close to you, mel'amin.~
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:56 am

Kali regretted his last words, but she knew he was right. It was late and she needed sleep. She had allowed herself a day off of study, real study, and tomorrow she needed to begin walking her new path. She nodded softly and he morphed back into his dragon form. Kali rubbed his iron hard scales softly with her slender fingers and climbed up onto his back once again. His muscles rippled under legs and she felt the butterflies in her stomach again as he leapt into the air, his massive wings beating hard against the air.

Myth and Rayann would see the silver dragon approaching from the distance, closing the gap with unfathomable speed. His scales reflected the moon light and atop they would see their daughter, grasping the dragons neck, a huge smile on her face. As they approached Kali stood on Nol’s back and with a leap she flew through the air, coming down towards the tower with mind bending speed. Suddenly Rayann would feel the movement of magic and see Kali releasing a handful of feathers into the air. The reagents sparkled and disappeared with a hiss as she cast “Feather Fall” and she landed gracefully on the balcony, right beside Rayann and Myth.

Nol tipped his wing and disappeared around the towering building. Myth and Rayann might see a slight wink as he moved out of sight. Kali turned and looked at her parents standing in the pink light of the two moons. With no hesitation she walked over and wrapped her arms around Myth, squeezing him tightly, resting her head on his chest and whispering to his mind, ~ ‘You know not why, but I apologize to you Father. All will be revealed in time, but know that I held you in contempt while we served Tahkisis. As you know, the constant power grasp in her palace is palpable, and I, like many others, plotted to get as close to the queen as possible. I want us to start a new, and I want to build with no hurdles.’ ~

She released her grasp and walked over to Rayann, embracing her now, but she remained silent. Rayann would be able to feel in Kali’s embrace the sensation of a girl who was seeing the world with new eyes.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:26 pm

Rayann saw the approaching dragon and recognized the red robes and blond hair of Kali as she sat at the base of the dragon’s neck. When Kali leapt off the dragon’s neck, Rayann’s eyes grew wide and she couldn’t help but gasp hoping like mad her daughter quickly remembered the Feather Fall spell. When she saw the feathers disappear with the sparkle of light, Rayann let the breath she had been holding go and smiled as she saw Kali descend gracefully to the balcony she and Myth occupied.

When Kali walked up and embraced her father, Rayann felt her heart jump to her throat and stay there. Desperately trying to swallow down the lump that suddenly appeared, Rayann blinked away tears that stun her eyes and threatened to spill down her cheeks. SHe’d done enough crying over the past few days and she didn’t need to do anymore. It was time for healing. Time for nurturing her daughter the way she should have been nurtured. A time to become a true family. A time for new discoveries and a time for letting go of the past.

When Kali hugged her, Rayann held her daughter close and closed her eyes and felt the change in her daughter. Silently sending a prayer of thanks to Lunitari for her wisdom and insight, Rayann reluctantly released her daughter and smiled as she tucked an errant lock of hair behind her daughters ear.

”You look like a tempest, tinu. A wild, beautiful tempest. I take it your flight with Nol was quite amazing.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:10 am

Kali stepped back and looked at Rayann with bright eyes, her cheeks went flush a moment and she turned to look outside, but Nol was nowhere in sight. Turning back she nodded and spoke, “Yes Mother, he took me around the whole of the Dragon Isles, it is amazing to see from the air.”

She looked at both of them and there was a small silence, she simply inhaled deeply and spoke again. “I don’t want to interrupt you, I know it has been days since you last saw one another. I will…, I will go to the kitchen and get myself a snack before I go to bed.” She smiled and gave them both a quick look again before shuffling out of the room, the changes in her was obvious to both of them.

She gathered up a small plate of berries and rye bread before heading to her room where she got herself in to her night clothes, ate her snack and laid in bed. Unconciousness surrounded her swiftly, she was asleep almost immediately after placing her head on the pillow.
--
Rayann would wake feeling a massive pull on the magic field around her, and then a release like a sonic boom, followed by a massive explosion. The sound was coming from above. Then there was calm, quiet, as if nothing in all of Krynn was moving. A second pull on the magic field began, like a vortex gathering everything into it, sucking whatever was within its grasp to a pin point location, and then a massive release, sending shockwaves to whomever could tap into magic, and then another massive explosion. Then there was the silence again, like the calm in the eye of the storm, it seemed as if even the molecules in the air were frozen.

Kali stood, concentrating, the target dummy racing across the room, held in place by a magical force. It whipped around the room at about the same rate an Elf could sprint and she focused on it. Two incinerated targets laid in hundreds of pieces, and Kali zeroed in with all her power, pulling magic into herself once again she hissed and chanted the spell as she watched the target come straight at her as if to attack, “BRACKCALISTITIOUS GRELISHLA MALATORSI”! A chaotic beam of writhing, yellow and red energy erupted from her hands and the target exploded into shards, smoldering and falling at her feet. She reached up and wiped the sweat from her brow with a small handkerchief and exhaled deeply… it had been too long since she channeled powerful magic through herself, and her broad smile echoed the way she was feeling.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:52 am

As Rayann watched Kali and couldn’t help but smile. While she missed the youngest years with her daughter, there was something special about having a daughter who could also be your friend as well. Something told Rayann she would become very good friends with her daughter the more they got to know each other.

When Kali excused herself then retired to her room, Rayann sat with Myth for while longer enjoying the quiet comfort they gave to each other. The hour had grown quite late when they finally made it to bed themselves and unlike their daughter, they did not fall to sleep right away.

-------

All too soon Rayann was awakened to the feel of the magical current being pulled followed by the sudden release of that pull and an explosion on the heels of that. Practically jumping out of bed at the same time Myth did, Rayann barely had the chance to throw on her red robes to cover the oversized shirt of Myth’s she wore to bed before she quickly blinked out of the room and into Kali’s quarters.

Rayann was instantly ready to cast a spell of her own when she blinked and saw what was taking place. It seemed as though her daughter was up well before her parents and ready to get started. As Rayann observed the destruction of the unfortunate target dummies that littered the area, she watched as Kali concentrated and cast a spell to target the last one. As Kali wiped her brow to wipe the sweat away caused by the exertion of channeling the magic through her, Rayann smiled and reached her hand out to keep Myth from rushing forward ready to defend his daughter from what ever he needed to protect her from.

~I’m so glad to see you practicing already this morning, Kali. Next time we’ll be sure not to sleep quite so late.~

When Kali whirled around to see both of her parents standing behind her, Rayann was smiling brightly and Myth was looking…well….like Myth. But, the one thing Kali would see right away was the dishelved look both parents had indicating they had literally run to her aid as soon as they were awakened. Rayann’s white hair had quite the unruly look to it while Myth’s red mane was falling around his bare shoulders.

~Have you eaten already? I’ll send for some breakfast to be sent up for you when I send for ours.~

Without realizing it, Rayann had spoken to her daughter using her mind again. For so long Rayann had not used this form of communication unless she needed to convey something to Myth without letting others know. But now that she had spent some time with Ceridwyn and now with Myth again, she easily reverted to this form of communication as her preferred way of conversing with others.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:17 am

Kali whipped around as Rayann spoke to her mind. She smiled and responded through missive as well, it was still not the most comfortable for her, not physically of course, but the process of letting trust sink in was not something that happened overnight. She did however, know in her conscious mind that she could trust Rayann and Myth, so she accepted that time would allow her to become more and more comfortable with speaking in missives.

~ ‘Good morning Mother, it is almost 10:30, I waited as long as I could.’ ~

She winked and tucked the handkerchief back into her sleeve and walked over to her parents. She smile brightly and spoke aloud in response to Rayann’s question, “Yes, I have eaten and couldn’t wait anymore to practice. It feels good to be channeling again.

She smiled and it was obvious to Rayann and Myth that she was a battle caster at heart, taught and trained outside the formalities of wizard life. She was like a Gnomish Machine, complex and with a purpose, ultimate magic wielding in the shortest amount of time possible. It was a system developed by Wizards for those who would be in the thick of battle, where instant decisions were necessary and the ability to cast almost on a whim was the difference between life and death. She truly had the gift of magic from her mother’s side, and the heart of a warrior given to her by the genes of her father.

Her breathing was slowing again and she spoke to her parents with her mesmerizing smile, “Why don’t you go eat, I’ll practice some smaller spells and when you come back we can train together, I think it might be a good test of our mind link if we start practicing as a threesome.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4: Under the Cover of Darkness   4:  Under the Cover of Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4: Under the Cover of Darkness
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: PORTALS OF ASGARD - Other worldly tales :: Shards of Krynn :: Shards of Krynn Book 1-
Jump to: