Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

Highland Magick OOC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

Highland Magick OOC Empty
PostSubject: Highland Magick OOC   Highland Magick OOC Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:14 pm

Post anything and everything for the new story here. Any and all advice and suggestions are welcome.

Time travel in this story is possible, but only through paranormal votexes. And, returning to your own time is almost impossible. Only the paranormal vortexes can be found on ancient elven ground in Wales and Scotland, so they cannot be stumbled across just anywhere. And, one must carry the blood of the elves, evil druids, or the MacKeegan clan in order to be transported back in time and the portals are only open during the sacred equinoxes and solstices.
Back to top Go down
Contrary

Contrary

PostSubject: Re: Highland Magick OOC   Highland Magick OOC Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 8:00 am

Hey Sintara!
This story looks like fun. Smile I just have a few questions on the world!

Do the elves reside in the present, or the past, or both?

You state that it will be very very difficult to travel back to your own time, do you intend for most of the story to take place away from our era then, or do you suspect you will have characters on both sides?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Highland Magick OOC   Highland Magick OOC Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:23 pm

Have you ever read any of Karen Marie Moning's Highlander series? If not, then the ancient race of elves keep watch in all eras to help keep the sacred texts of good and evil safe. But, most of the story is taking place around ancient Scotland and Wales. I think approximately between the 1500 and 1600 time periods. My character, Cheyenne, is independent of nature and will give any highlander a run for his money for she is not the submissive type. LOL Does this help any?
Back to top Go down
Contrary

Contrary

PostSubject: Re: Highland Magick OOC   Highland Magick OOC Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 5:33 pm

I think that clears up my questions about what sort of characters will exist! I haven't read anything by that author, but I will put her on my list.
Thanks! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Highland Magick OOC   Highland Magick OOC Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 5:40 pm

You also have evil and good druids/sorcerers as well, demons, evil elves, good and dark magik, etc.
Back to top Go down
Contrary

Contrary

PostSubject: Re: Highland Magick OOC   Highland Magick OOC Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:07 pm

Ooh! That sounds like fun. I haven't written anyone evil in a looooooooong time... I may be feeling the itch! Do you know of a site anywhere that describes the sorcerers (druids, demons, etc) from the novels that I could read up on? Or would you be sticking with classical interpretations? Or would you prefer I read some of the books before joining?

Sorry to hit you with twenty questions, but I'm curious! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SinTara
Watchman
Watchman
SinTara

PostSubject: Re: Highland Magick OOC   Highland Magick OOC Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:11 pm

You don't need to read any of the books as they are just references. I think Classical interpertations would be fine, although I'm not real sure just what that means. I'm pretty easy and flexible in my stories, so make a character, I'll take a look at it and tell you if you got it or not. LOL
Back to top Go down
Zack
Watchman
Watchman
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Highland Magick OOC   Highland Magick OOC Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 am

hmm...evil...or good... i might actually try to make someone who isnt immoral for once in my RPG time why ask questions when everything can be solved with a removal company.... I will probally try being the elf stuck in modern society walking round with my knife ears Razz a portal for other human beings DEAR GOD im gonna be hunted but as always we love our knives and fists Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Highland Magick OOC   Highland Magick OOC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Highland Magick OOC
Page 1 of 1