Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling

Collaborative Storytelling • A Writer's Sanctuary • Multi-Genre RPG

Main  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Under the Bridge  Grimnir's Inn  RegisterRegister  BLOG  Log inLog in  

2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
serredeth

serredeth

2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:48 pm

2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Mythban2

He let out a soft chuckle as the man greeted them with his attempt at elvish. Myth regarded the human with mild curiosity as Tanjee spoke of what she knew of this human. He shot her a look of disapproval when she spoke of the man's scent and wrinkled his nose. He was not in the mood to discuss manners with her as of yet and let it slide as he took a few steps towards the rabbit and withdrew his dagger from little breakfast as the human called it.

"I think we have some things that could spread our little friend into a fine enough stew as you suggested."

Myth bowed slightly "My name is Myth..." He motioned to Rayann "My companian Rayann..." he nodded to the other elf "and the talkative one is Tanjee..." Myth spoke to Rayann's mind with a smirk "With as much as she talks I want to call her little kender"

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance...."

Myth smiled as Rayann spoke to him. He felt as she did that the man before them was not of the darkness. It was quite the day having met two new people. It would seem the gods deemed that they needed help along there path. A soft chuckle escaped his lips once more as she made an attempt to sooth any ill thoughts he may have had about her taking notice of his dress. It was a fact he had noticed himself and when she mentioned Tanjee he looked over catching her eye then looking back to the human and then her once more giving her a wicked grin. He was going to have fun tormenting this one. His attention once more turned to the human.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:30 pm

The dank, moist cave was painting a perfect backdrop for the dance. He watched with seething anger as the figure above moved. Slender, agile, and graceful she moved like an elf, but he knew she was all human, a special human, but human nonetheless. He could feel her breathing as much as he could hear it, and he waited patiently for the exact moment when the prey would be devoured with effortless efficiency.

She paused. He watched. Her gaze shifted and his jaw tightened. She was staring directly at him, and then the hiss of words escaping her lips filled the massive cavern. He ground his teeth as he pushed his hands forward, hissing his magical retort and the spells collided in mid-air exploding in a fantastic dance that reflected an ancient splendor, however anything that might have been caught in the dazzling light would have experienced something all together more lethal.

He shifted as she hissed again and an explosion of purple fire hissed through the air and shattered the rock where he had just been standing. She shifted her gaze and bite her lip, seeing he was no longer there. Her eyes scanned the nearly complete darkness, but there was no sign to follow.

Minutes of complete silence passed, well, except for the sound of her breathing. He waited, watching from a small indentation in the rock. The plan was to have her move into his range, not be detected, and now he reset the odds back to his advantage. She stayed crouched exactly where she had been, her soft breathing was calming more and more, she was centered again, and he knew she was refocusing her inner vision. She had most likely found him by tapping the magic field that flowed across all of Krynn, something he had seen her do in the past on many occasions. This time however, he was masking, and she was searching. Finally after 30 minutes she began to move again. Her guard was still up, and she was moving with a cat like grace once again, the soft leather soles of her boots not making a single sound as she moved.

A thin smirk crossed his face and she was barely half a step into the kill zone when the spell erupted from his hands. She reflected and the spell bounced off her shield and into the ceiling above. She spun and looked up, casting a second spell with effortless motion, which mended the stone as if nothing had happened, and then a third spell exploded from her hand and shot right at his location, or at least where he was. The rock vaporized instantly and she grit her teeth as she saw that he had once again eluded her strike.

Suddenly the explosion froze in mid air, and a blue mist began to swirl from within. She froze as she watched and began to scan the magic field for his signature, however this time it wasn’t there. She hissed words of magic and her staff illuminated, sucking the darkness from the massive cave. She watched in horror as a demonic figure erupted from her own spell and exploded in fire as it swiftly closed the gap between them. She narrowed her gaze and thrust her hands forward, searing light smashing into the demons chest. It recoiled and howled in pain, a piercing sound so horrific that her eyes closed in a vain attempt to shut the sound out of her senses. She reached into the magical field and saw the demon coming at her; it’s black essence pumping like a heart driving it towards her once again.

THUMP!!

Her banish spell hit the demon square in the chest and it dissipated in a hollow fog… but the ruse was complete. The cold blade hit her throat form behind, and the cut came across so effortlessly it was almost as if it didn’t happen. Her snow-white robes began to seep with crimson, starting from the neck and swiftly flowing down as if Lunitari had filled her with neutral grace. She slumped to the floor, clutching at her gapping throat, the involuntarily gurgling sounds a sickening symphony to the beginning of the death throws.

He stepped over her body and gazed down into her lavender eyes, the eyes he had known so well. “You never should have broken with me sister.”

--

Rorie snapped awake with a start and sat up in bed. His tattered robes, which looked more grey than white, were soaked with cold sweat and he clutched at his chest. His heart was racing a million miles an hour and it took many minutes for him to calm down.

He turned and looked out the dirty window at the hamlet outside. It was morning, and people were moving through the streets. He turned and his bare feet hit the cold, dirt floor. Rorie Padraig, the once powerful mage of the white robes rubbed the ache in his back and stared towards the door, it was the beginning of one more day in misery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zinsk.com
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:35 am

2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Barbarian
At Tanjee's words Kwinn lifted one arm and sniffed, then the other arm and..sniff.

What smell? That's how I always smell. It's the smell of a life of freedom.

The ranger put his arms down and shrugged.
I am indeed the human named Kwinn who lives in the wilds at the borders of Elf lands, I am pleased to meet you and very pleased to cross paths with Elfkin.

Kwinn thought to ask why a follower of Solanari was traveling with Elfkin in these woods but thought it might come off rude so he let it be for now.

I don't want to rush you fine folks but I say we make that stew...

Kwinn clapped his hands together in anticipation, it had been more than a day since he ate anything and he was ready for a warm meal. Kwinn moved towards the rabbit, in a flash Kwinn was skinning the small animal, tearing at it with his bare hands, it's blood and insides splatting on the rangers already soiled leggings and boots. Kwinn twisted the small things neck and popped the head off.

We won't need this... Kwinn let the head drop at his feet, he laid some leaves out and gently set the skinned rabbit down on them. Grinning wide he turned to his new friends,

Let's get a fire going. yes? Kwinn went about gathering of tinder to make a fire. Licking his lips he could almost taste little breakfast.

As the ranger gathered up the wood he had not realized that he was singing several bars of "I like to go swimming with bare naked women.."

He was indeed doing so and loudly.

Sorry...Kwinn said sheepishly.

I've been on my own for awhile... With that he shrugged and went to whistling the tune instead.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:18 pm

Rorie released a heavy sigh as he stood to his feet. The damp cold was penetrating him to his bones and without a stove in his tiny room there was nothing to take the chill off. He shuffled to a small basin and poured clean water from a large pitcher. Splashing the water on his face he blinked and tried to wake, and also to wash away the splitting headache, but it was of little use. He slipped the once pristine white shoes on which sat beside his bed and threw a hand woven grey and brown wool coat over his tattered robes and headed out into the morning.

The people had begun to get used to him living among them. Rorie the Mad he was known as, though he was of sound mind he had received this moniker after wandering into Ravenshire many months ago, babbling incoherently except for his name, “Rorie”. He got better over the next weeks. The town blacksmith, A middle aged Dwarf named Ort had compassion on Rorie and took him into his home, giving him a barely standing shack to sleep in out back while his wife and daughter nursed the poor man back to health. Ort was a kind Dwarf, and patriarch of the only Dwarf family in town. The truth was he had lived in Ravenshire for so long nobody could remember him not living there. He was a skilled Blacksmith, well beyond the normal skill of men and even far superior to many of his Dwarven brethren. Unlike many Dwarfs however, he loved humans, most likely because of the overwhelming accolades they would bestow upon him for his work.

Rorie walked into the workshop. Unlike his shack the room was warm and inviting. Ort was meticulous about his tools, and the shop was immaculate. This was in no small part thanks to Rorie who earned his stay by aiding the Dwarf by working around the house. Ort of course was delighted to have an extra set of strong hands and in his opinion at a rather small price. The sun had barely been up 15 minutes but the shop was already bustling with the sound of the bellows and roaring fire. Ort turned with a jolly smile and walked over to Rorie, slapping him gently on the small of the back and speaking with his usual cheerful, baritone voice.

“Good morning lad, nice to have you back this morning!”

Ort laughed and thumped Rorie on the thigh as he turned and walked back over to the fire.

“That mead looks like it made a man out of you last night Rorie.”

He laughed again and Rorie, despite the splitting headache, couldn’t help but smile at the Dwarf’s constantly cheerful demeanor.

“The Misses brought you some porridge and toast; she left it over there by the fire to keep it warm.”

Rorie smiled, but it was a hollow smile. Now it was true that to Ort, this was the only smile he had ever known from Rorie, so it was nothing outside of usual, but to anyone who might have known the man before something warm and wonderful was lost from that smile.

Rorie ate in silence as Ort scurried around his shop preparing to work on his newest venture, plate armor so light it was like wearing cloth. Rorie watched quietly as he chewed his breakfast, wishing beyond wishes that he could feel that same sense of purpose that swallowed Ort whole and gave him a reason to face the day.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 1:47 pm

2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Healer

Tanjee was about to say something to the woods man when she caught Myth’s eyes looking pointedly at her. What ever she may have been about to say was swallowed down and forced to remain that way. Obviously her words had not been favorable to the tall elf and while she would have liked to debate this with him, there was something about the way he looked at her that made her squash any thought of doing just that.

Looking to Rayann, the elf could see the human woman was looking over at Myth at the same time but had an almost humorous look on her face. Tanjee didn’t see ANYTHING humorous about the whole ordeal but hey, who was she to argue with a rather intimidating elf and a rather accomplished magi?

As the human male began to prepare for the shared breakfast they were all about to consume, Tanjee stole a glance at him from time to time as she watched him work. The muscles rippled in his torso reminding Tanjee of sinew in a tree. Especially when he skinned the animal with a deft hand. SHe found herself comparing him to a mighty oak as she watched him make short work of the rabbit. But when she saw the mess it was making on his clothes and as he twisted the head off the animal, she crinkled up her nose again. She had skinned animals herself many times, but she always made sure she cut the head off and didn’t make a mess on her clothes while doing so.

Humans, she thought, they can be so…barbaric at times. Where are their manners? Of course she didn’t have time to think about all of that as she began gathering dried wood and kindling for a fire with Kwinn. Of course when he began bellowing his song about swimming with bare naked women, Tanjee thought she would swallow her tongue. In fact, she ceased all movement and stared at the human male as though he’d sprouted a second head from his shoulders. When he apologized explaining he’d been on his own for a good while, Tanjee muttered something under her breath that sounded like ‘obviously’. Giving Myth another glance, she saw the elf’s eyes practically bored into her and she quickly set about gathering more kindling for the fire

As Tanjee set to making sure the fire was started and burning low but steady, she found some rocks nearby to surround the fire with as well as fashioned a spit for cooking the rabbit on. Using the only weapon she carried, which was a small knife at her waist, she widdled a sharp point onto the skewer to make sure it would easily pierce through the rabbits raw flesh.

Once the rabbit was set to cooking over the fire, Tanjee set out gathering some wild herbs that grew around the forest floor to help add flavor to the meat. Bringing them back tot eh fire pit, she sat cross legged and pulled a small mortar and pestle and began crushing the herbs up, blending them together. Reaching over and sprinkling the herb mixture onto the roasting rabbit, the air began to take on a delicious aroma. Turning the rabbit from time to time, she continued to add more of the herb mixture as the rabbit cooked over the open fire.

2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 RayannBanner

Rayann watched the exchange between Tanjee and Kwinn as she and Myth brought out the few provisions they had and gathered up some vegetables. Carefully setting the vegetables on the stones Tanjee had gathered, she sat near the fire with Tanjee and watched how quickly the elf found, gathered and mixed the herbs. It was now Rayann saw the elf’s gifted abilities and deducted why she had chosen the Healing Goddess as her deity of choice.

~Talkative as she may be, I believe we are seeing a small glimpse of her abilities. Perhaps it will be an asset having her in our company. I would have given anything for her presence a few months ago.~

As Tanjee worked and Kwinn hummed a song, Rayann broke silence and finally reached up to push the hood of her robe off her head. The morning chill had been chased away by the sun and she liked the feel of the fresh air around her.

”Your knowledge of herbs is quite extensive, Tanjee. I can tell by how easily you found these herbs and ground them up to flavor the rabbit with.”

Tanjee looked over at Rayann as she spoke and nodded.

”My mother, Goddess rest her soul, taught me everything I know. She was quite knowledgeable about herbs and plants. Many people from our community came to her. There was just something about her that put people to ease and lightened the burden they seemed to carry. Her touch was unlike any others around. Warm. Gentle. Caring. But there was something else about it as well…something that was difficult to explain. I saw how her touch affected others and I knew that was what I wanted to do as well.”

Rayann tilted her head slightly.

”And has that been your legacy as well?”

Tanjee gave a sad shrug and shook her head as she cast her gaze to the cooking rabbit.

”I would like to say yes, but I cannot. At least, I am unsure if I do or not. I have not practiced the art of healing since her death. When I saw how futile my attempts were at saving her, I was not sure if I truly possessed the right to carry on her legacy.”

Rayann felt her smile slowly fade and she swallowed hard.

”I’m sorry. I didn’t meanto bring up bad memories.”

Tanjee shrugged again.

”There is nothing to apologize for, Lady. You did not know.”

Needing to change the subject, Tanjee looked to Kwinn then and nodded towards him.

”Thank you for sharing your would be catch with us.”

She dared to glance at Myth then as she added the second part of her statement.

”At least your arrival was a little better received than my own.”

With a poke of her knife into the cooking rabbit and vegetables, she announced it was ready to eat before Myth could give a retort to her words.

”Little Breakfast is ready to eat.”
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:00 am

2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 RorieSmallBanner

Rorie watched as Ort moved around the room like spring run off. The Dwarf seemed to have an entirely unlimited amount of energy. Rorie wasn’t sure if it was natural Dwarf endurance or the deep set drive Ort had to create something magnificent, but Rorie did know he was jealous of the Dwarf’s tenaciousness when it came to his work. Rorie was sitting, taking a break as Ort stoked the fire, a large plate of metal beginning to glow.

“Come lad, come and get ready!”

Rorie stood, splashing another amount of cold water on his bare chest and reached for the heavy black tongs. Grabbing the metal from the fire, Rorie placed it on the massive anvil in the center of the work shop and Ort focused. His hammer strikes were precise, almost to the molecule as he smashed metal to metal, folding and trimming the piece exactly as he wished.

“Heat.”

Rorie stuck the metal back into the flames and Ort got close, so close that Rorie feared his beard would catch fire.

“Anvil.”

Rorie removed the metal and again the hammer blows came, sparks flew in all directions and Rorie could begin to see the hours of work were all coming to a result.

“Heat.”

Ort took the tongs with a smile and placed the metal into the red hot coals, tucking them over it just as he pleased and turned to Rorie.

“The secret lad is to get the metal to glow at just the right color, and then we drop it into that pitch over there. This will harden it so as to make it impenetrable!”

Rorie could only watch and that hollow, lifeless smile crossed his lips. Ort patted him on the leg and went to the fire and watched.

“Come lad, come.”

Rorie approached and watched. The glowing red reminded him of the Caves of Bethsheere. He and his sister had been sent by the Wizards Council to investigate the deep earth rumblings that had been occurring. The cave billowed with a constant red glow, as they approached, and they joined minds as they had on so many other occasions. When they entered the horrific sight of a Necromancer, practicing her black skills by morphing creatures into hideous shapes, perhaps for her amusement, or perhaps and most likely for something far more sinister could be seen below. A spurt of magma came up and a massive creature, about 40 feet tall began to emerge as the Necromancer wove her magic. Shadow and fire burst from the creature’s eyes sockets and its roar was deafening.

“LAD!”

Rorie snapped to and looked at Ort; he smiled and patted Rorie on the shoulder… “La La land again.” Ort chuckled at his own wit and pointed into the fire. “See how the center glows orange, then red, then slightly white, THAT is perfection!”

Ort grabbed the piece and dipped it into the pitch. The hiss and smell of burnt oil filled the shop as Rorie instinctually stepped back. Ort chuckled again, “I wonder if I’ll ever a Blacksmith out of you Lad.”

Rorie felt himself sink back into his thoughts as they cleaned up the shop. Ort’s daughter had brought Rorie some food and after their warm good nights, the family left Rorie to finish his chores and retire to his shed.

He sat, watching a candle burning as he chewed his meat slowly. The flame flickered gently in the drafty shed and Rorie focused. He could feel it, the field of magic; it was all around him, like a voice mocking him just out of reach. It spoke to him like a whispering shadow, a voice that was once so close and now it was almost a distant memory as if a dream he once had. He furrowed his brow, staring at the candle flame, pressing his mind, but there was nothing, not even a hint of response.

He reached into his tattered pack and removed a smooth, leather bound spell book. The pliable leather cover was well loved, and the artwork that adorned it was almost spell binding in and of itself. Rorie opened the book and looked at the first page, it read:

“Dearest Rorie,

The I and the you, the we. Together we passed the trials, and together we shall face this life. Challenges and adversity will only serve as our means to strength and the measuring stick of our ability will be the bond we eternally share.

Lovingly,

Rayann”

He remembered reading those words the first time, and also what he had written in the spell book he gave her on the same day, a mirror image of the one he now held. His tears welled up and as he began to flip through the words that once were so vivid and easy to read looked like nothing more than gibberish and nonsense. For when she had broken with him she had not only cut the bond that held their minds together, but she had unknowingly also tapped the very essence of their special gift, and withdrew it from Rorie so that it now resided in her and only her. Rorie was nothing now but the hollow casing of what once was. The time of change had descended upon him without his consent, and he lay like a discarded shell, for the hermit crab had moved on. He screamed in agony and frustration, hurling the spellbook across the room, it pages fluttering in protest as they passed through the cold night, slamming into the wall adjacent to where his bed was. It flumped onto the floor and closed itself, the complex design of knotted lines on the cover, eternal, never with a beginning, never with an end, starring back at him.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:02 am

The cold woke Rorie again. He looked across the room and the first thing he saw was the white covered spellbook, lying on the floor, mocking him. He stood and walked over to the jar of water, pouring some into the large basin. He washed his face and body and stood, staring into a broken mirror that hung on the wall. The steam from his breath came like a slow, rhythmic snake. He watched himself for a long time, starring into his own eyes, anger welling up in the volcanic core of his heart. It was the heat located there which allowed him to stand in a bitter cold room, naked, and not feel a shiver. It was the rising magma of his bitterness that was making him stand and face himself. It was the slow unleashing of his inner dragon that caused him to punch the mirror, shattering it and rocking the wall behind it.

He went to his dresser, grabbed his clothing, put them on quickly and walked to the workshop. Ort, of course, was already busy at work, the fires had been lit and he was pumping the bellow to get it to temperature.

“Good morning Lad!” Ort said cheerfully without turning around. “Are you ready to test the armor today?”

Rorie spoke with a hollow tone, “If that is your wish Ort, I am but the Apprentice.”

Ort stopped and turned, noting the unusual sound in Rorie’s voice. “Everything alright Lad?”

“No Ort, nothing is right. I am a hollow shell of what was, an encyclopedia of memories which take me to fantastic places, full of fantastic adventures, wielding incredible amounts of magic. Now I am but the discarded remnant of what was, cast aside by his “loving” bitch of a sister.” She stole our gift, claiming it for herself while I slept Ort! I was injured and she cast some sort of dark sorcery on me, killing the core of me in the process!”

Rorie turned and looked at Ort, tapping the side of his own temple, “This head, it was full of such knowledge! Deep seeded KNOWLEDGE! It was started when I was but a youngling, my father, Lachnell, began reading the stories of the paths of the gods to Rayann and I. We were but able to know his voice. I can still remember his words Ort! I was a week old and I retained that knowledge. We had a gift she and I, we were one and of the same, an embryo, split, but still connected through the bonds of magic. We shared a mind, yet could independently act. We bore the weight of life’s burdens not as two siblings, but as an impenetrable unit, incapable of defeat! The trials were simple for us, we breezed! Not a single thing in the four day test phased us, and even the grand highest Mage Raju herself was amazed at our talent. We were only 17, the youngest magi to ever face the trials, and we accomplished ever task in record time, and with stunning efficiency.”

Rorie clenched his fists in frustration. He paced around the room, his face twisted as he seethed. Ort stroked his beard, his deep, kind eyes waited until Rorie turned towards him and he fixed his gaze on Rorie’s eyes.

“You know Lad; I was “supposed” to be a miner. I was raised in the town of Gryphonledge, just 60 kilometers south of here. My Father was the foreman of the East wall. Now I know most humans know of Gryphonledge, and that it was once nothing more than a mining colony, but being Foreman of the East wall was the most honorable position on the books. The Eastern wall was not only the most productive area in terms of ore, it was also the location from which all the decision on the progress was made. There is a lot of calculating and precise drilling which must be done. Things must be paced accurately in order to maintain a proper balance between width and depth to avoid collapse as well as keep a suitable arc in the excavation. My Father wanted nothing more for me then to take over for him eventually. He pushed me everyday to learn and shadow him, and I did because it was the only path I had ever known. Until one day, I was near Biston’s Gate, and a Smitty was pounding on some iron. I watched, and though I had seen Smitty’s at work a hundred times before, this time there was something different, a calling if you will. I begged my Father to allow me to become the Dwarf’s apprentice, but he refused. He insisted that I was meant to be a wall foreman. Day in and day out I went to my Father’s side and asked if I could break with him. He refused. About 30 years later, my Father died, his final words to me were simple, ‘follow your path.’ I know he meant to keep being a foreman’s apprentice, but it was in those 30 years that I discovered my true purpose, and the knowledge I have of mining serves me extremely well now. I can tell the difference between good metal and bad metal with much more precision than most Smitty’s, and knowing the language of the rocks doesn’t hurt either. My point is this Lad; perhaps you are beginning a new chapter of your life. All things happen for a reason. Reorx allows balance in our lives, and we all must endure the highs with the lows. Most importantly however, we must seize every opportunity that comes our way. We don’t know what we don’t know, but if we are open to learning, we will know that much more.”

Ort patted Rorie on the thigh, and turned back to his bellows. Rorie prepared the tools and the two stayed in silence for some time, reflecting on things in their own minds. For now, the magma core of Rorie’s heart had cooled and he had calmed down. The molten core was made placid by the kind words Ort had shared, but still under the surface, something was churning.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:38 pm

Kwinn caught the elf woman Tanjee looking him over once or twice as he prepared the rabbit. He had been alone in the wilds for a time but not so long that he forgot about women, especially a fine looking she elf like this one. He watched her as she gathered wood nearby, he admired her long hair and fine elvish clothing.

At that point Kwinn decided that he approved of everything he was seeing and would make time to look her over again real soon.

Tanjee had finished with the wood and had located some delicious wild spices to flavor the rabbit and soon the happy smell of roasting rabbit was drifting to Kwinn's nose.

By the gods that smells fine to me! Kwinn blurted out as the rabbit turned on the spit. As the thing cooked Kwinn took this opportunity to return a little ways away to his former camp and retrieve his tunic and his weapons.

I need to take a short walk and get my things friends I shall return. Kwinn walked briskly weaving back through the Sylvan trees singing another crude song, this time it was something about a woman apparently named 'Big Bertha'. He was almost out of sight when he yelled.
Don't eat without me!
The elves and the mage woman could still hear his vulgar song as he disappeared from sight.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 2:31 am

Myth had distanced himself a bit from the party and watched in silence as they went about the various tasks revolving around the little rabbit Kwinn had been chasing. Kwinn's presence was a nice change of pace for the elf having been traveling with only Rayann for so long and more recently Tanjee. Rayann's herself was pleasant company and already he missed there quiet solitude but he knew that having people close at hand would be both a benefit and a hinderince all at once. He knew Tanjee was going to remain with the group for the time being but he found hiumself wondering if Kwinn would be as well.

With a sigh Myth lowered himself to the earth and drew Blue Moon from it's sheath. He examined it with a critical green eye. His shifted it to look down the length of the blade looking for flaws knowing there would be none before lowering it across his lap once more. His eyes closed as he ran his fingers over the blade tracing the elven words etched into the blade. A soft smile spread across his lips as he opened his eyes once more nodding to Rayann knowing she had looked his way a moment before he pulled out items to polish and clean his favored weapon.

A soft chuckle escaped his lips when Kwinn broke out into song. Myth knew the tune well enough from his nights in the bars and he was equally amused when Kwinn remembered his company and began to explain himself. Myth was certain that Tanjee's thoughts on the little tune were less than pleasant and he hummed quietly as he worked on his blade. He looked up when Rayann spoke to him having not paid to close attention to the other elf's actions. He only looked at Rayann offering a smile "Indeed she has more skills than one would first assume."

He listened to her story and was content to not say a word until the very end. He could not help but voice his opinion when she closed her lips. His eyes locked on her and he had a mischievous grin on his face. "What do you expect when you trail someone for several days, a gift and a happy smile. At least this one I could here coming from half the forest away." There was a low chuckle as he returned to tending his weapon. He could feel the woman's gaze boring a hole into him.

Myth looked up once more as Kwinn excused himself and Myth nodded his head "Not a bite till you return... of course if you take to long the women may end up over powering me for the food." He winked at the human and sat in silence once more till he heard the human singin once more and Myth shook his head.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:06 am

Rorie sat. It was the end of another day following the tireless Dwarves instructions, but the armor was tested and Ort was more than pleased. It was a new composite of steel woven in a pattern that made it as hard as plate armor but almost as light and flexible as leather. Rorie admitted to himself that he was impressed with the Dwarves knowledge of Blacksmithing.

On the edge of his bed Rorie focused. The lifeless candle on the table about three feet away mocked him. He concentrated on the black wick. He could feel the magic around him as it ebbed and flowed like the gentle caress of a beautiful seductress, just out of reach but arousing him more by the second. Closing his eyes he calmed himself, trying to refocus his mind. His silence was broken not with words, but with thoughts and he slumped over, exhausted…

--
“Solinari. Why have you removed your grace from me? Why do you grant a gift of such wonder and then remove that gift so swiftly?”

“Rorie. I removed nothing; it was not I who took my gifts from you.”

Rorie looked up and saw the face of the god of the white moon, Solinari looking at him. His dragon face was grim and melancholy.

“Solinari, my lord, I can’t use the gifts anymore.”

“They are no longer within you my child.”

“How can you say you didn’t take them yet they are not within me?”

“As I said, I did not remove them.”

Rorie looked confused and his face became flush as his frustration mounted. “You gave my sister and me the most powerful gift at birth, even in the womb! It was prophesied that we would set the path of magic straight, that we would bring change to the world!”

“You are correct my child, I did as you say, and my words have never been more true.”

Rorie took a step towards Solinari who furrowed the large scaled brow that hung deeply over his eyes.

“Why is my gift gone?”

Solinari looked at Rorie, after a long pause of silence he spoke. “You know why.”

Rorie turned away and looked down at the ground, he spoke. “My sister took it all for herself.”

“Do you truly believe that was her motivation?”

“What else is there?”

Solinari looked at Rorie sternly. “Do you believe your sister capable of such treachery against you? Against me?”

Rorie looked back into those massive dragon eyes and his face became angry. “I didn’t think so and yet here, hollow and lifeless while she walks Krynn with two sides of one gift!”

Solinari leaned forward coming so close his hot breath hit Rorie’s face. “What path will you walk?”

Rorie swallowed hard as the words were still hanging between them. That was the first question asked of every mage at the end of the trials. The three masters of their houses would stand before the new mage and ask in unison, “What path will you walk?” The first time this question had been asked of him, he and his sister emphatically responded almost immediately and in unison, “The path of Solinari.” With this the red and black robed magi in the circle faded away. Here now however, facing the same god that he had once served so fervently Rorie spoke… “I will walk the path of a god who won’t abandon me.”

Solinari nodded his head gently, and faded away almost instantly, leaving Rorie standing alone.

Rorie’s eyes fluttered open and he sat up swiftly in bed. He turned and looked at the candle. The caress of magic was around him, and he focused, feeling the power closer than he had in many moons. He stared at the black candle wick and concentrated. The tiniest of sparks erupted from its base and the wick ignited. Rorie pressed a thin smile across his lips.
Back to top Go down
zinsk
Admin
Admin
zinsk

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:54 pm

Rorie slept better than he had in months. He awoke early and packed his things neatly in his bag. His spellbook went in last, sitting atop it all. He lovingly caressed the never ending knot that delicately moved across the front cover and then shut the flap, tying it tightly.

Throwing his once white robe, now grey with neglect, over his shoulders, clasped it tightly, put on his cloak and threw his pack over his shoulders. He could smell the sweet fragrance of lingering magic reagents which once lined the hundreds of hidden pockets, and he smiled calmly. He stepped out into the crisp autumn morning and closed the door behind him.

Walking into the sop he saw Ort setting things up as usual, and Rorie spoke.

“Ort.”

The Dwarf turned and his face instantly showed sadness as he saw Rorie dressed to travel.

“So lad, I guess I knew this day would come, yet always hoped it wouldn’t.”

Rorie walked over and extended his right hand to Ort and spoke.

“I thank-you for your patience with a broken mage, and also for the opportunity to work alongside a master of his craft, it was an honor.”

Ort looked up, and noted the strange fire within Rorie’s eyes, there was definitely something different this morning.

“So where are you going Lad?”

“North, not sure why, but I am feeling the call to move north.”

“Hmm, well you can’t be going on pad foot without anything to eat. Come on inside and I will have the misses make you some rations, at least a few days worth so you can make it to the next town.”

Rorie nodded and smiled, but this time it was a little less hollow and lifeless. Ort noted the difference but simply smiled back.

Inside the house Rachi was busy in the kitchen, she turned as she heard the door open and smiled, but her smile quickly faded when she saw Rorie dressed to travel. “Ahh Lad, you’re leaving us. Probably broke Ort’s heart ya’ did.”

Rorie nodded gently as Ort patted him on the thigh and turned, walking out of the house.

“Ort said you would prepare me some rations, I didn’t request it, he offered.”

Rachi chuckled and moved to the cold box. “Ahh Lad, you know you could ask or Ort could ask and the answer would be the same. Sit and I will make you some rations. You know I hate to see you leaving; Ort hasn’t been this happy or productive in years. Since you arrived he has been a different Dwarf, happy to get up and move each day, as if he has a purpose now.”

Rorie looked puzzled, and was about to speak, but bit his tongue and decided to remain silent. After a couple minutes Rachi returned and handed Rorie several bundles of food.

“There’s enough there for about four days of normal eating, of course I base that on Ort’s appetite, for you I am guessing you can go six. It should be enough to get you to the next couple towns anyway. Take a water skin too, you’ll need it.”

Rorie packed the food and as he removed a water skin from the hooks by the door he turned to Rachi. “It’s nothing personal you know there are just things I must do if I am to find some satisfaction in this life again. I hope you understand.”

Rachi looked at him and chuckled softly. “Of course not Lad, we knew your time with us was temporary, but just the same we are sad to see you go.”

Rorie nodded, he did feel a little sad, and she could see it in his face. “Go say good-bye to Ort again before you leave, he’ll like it.”

Rorie nodded and walked out the door back to the shop. He stepped inside and Ort turned, walking over to Rorie and handed him a small black bag. “It’s not much Lad, but you more than earned it. I know you always felt this was an Apprenticeship, and in a way it was, but I have been keeping some money aside until you needed it. Take it, a man can’t walk about Krynn without some coin in his pocket.” Rorie smiled and nodded his head. “Thank you Ort, for everything.”

Ort smiled and spoke again, “You just stop by for a visit next time you are in the area alright?”

Rorie nodded, “Of course.”

Rorie turned and walked out of the shop, making his way to the road that lead north out of the hamlet. He didn’t know how, where, or why, but something was drawing him, and he knew he must heed the call.
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:01 am

Kwinn returned a short time later, this time he was wearing his vest leathers and his heavy leather forearm guards. he carried a small pack and a tall walking stick, upon closer inspection it was more like a fighting stick. It was close to 6 feet long and several inches thick, it was made from strong Oak and was covered in iron studs. On his back Kwinn wore a short but wide sword, it was filthy and rusty, it did not even appear to have an edge.

Kwinn came close to the cooking rabbit and Tanjee as he came back to camp.
Half the creatures of Krynn can probably smell this fine meal... The ranger said as he scanned the thick woods around them.

Kwinn eyed the tall red haired Elf.
Myth. He then turned and pointed to the mage woman.and Rayann. He said as if he was not sure. He had sat very near Tanjee when he returned to the camp. He spoke to her last.
...And Tanjee. Kwinn winked at the Elf woman as he spoke her name.

I'm terrible with names, it helps to say them aloud a few times, they tend to stay in my head that way... Kwinn said smiling wide.

Quick as cat Kwinn lunged at the cooking rabbit and pulled a small leg section from the animal, he jammed it in his mouth and as he chomped at it he spoke.

So are you fine folks leaving these woods or just arriving? Morsels of food fell from from his mouth as he talked. The scruffy man then let loose with a loud belch.

Braaap! From my mouth to the ears of the Gods-Ha! The ranger laughed as he continued to eat.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:27 pm

Tanjee was impressed with Kwinn’s ability to be rather quiet on his return. Of course she heard him well before he was seen but she also knew he wasn’t trying to hide his presence either. She couldn’t help but wonder if he COULD be very quiet. He’d learned a great deal from her Elf brethren and was well known throughout the area for his prowess as a hunter and tracker.

Letting her eyes scan his partially covered torso once more, Tanjee felt a slight disappointment slip through her noticing she didn’t have an unobstructed view of the rangers broad shoulders, thick chest and narrowed waist. But she DID notice how close he sat next to her.

His praise of her cooking made a slight smile ease over her face but it was short lived. When he sat near her and she caught a slight whiff of his odiferous emanations Tanjee couldn’t help but wrinkle her nose once more. Thankfully the morning breeze was pushing the smell away from her but when he air stilled, she could smell it. While it wasn’t all THAT offensive, to her it was a tragedy. Kwinn, for all intense purposes, was a fine looking specimen of a man. But his personal hygiene was a HUGE obstacle to overcome. If at all.

Still, when he winked at her Tanjee felt a slight fluttering in the pit of her stomach and couldn’t help but offer a small if not shy smile to the woods man. Of course that smile, too, was short lived when Kwinn snatched a leg portion off the cooked rabbit and began eating like a Neanderthal. As much as she would have liked to be diplomatic, she found she couldn’t. Especially when the woods man belched loudly while spitting food from his mouth.

Jumping to her feet, Tanjee brushed some of the food particles from her leather trousers then turned a heated glare to Kwinn. She was just getting ready to give the man a piece of her mind when she caught a slight movement out the corner of her eye. Myth’s large frame, even while seated, posed an ominous presence. That coupled with the look he was giving her made her clamp her jaw down so tightly it began to ache.

Taking a few deep breaths, Tanjee took a few pieces of the rabbit for herself then, through her still clenched jaw, excused herself to eat in private.

”If you’ll excuse me….”

With a glance at Rayann before she dared glance at Myth once more, the Elf walked off and found an inviting tree she could easily scale to consume her morning meal in, away from the others, and especially Kwinn….for the time being.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:53 pm

As Kwinn departed to retrieve his things, Rayann sat in an almost meditative silence. There was only one thing on her mind that would put her in this sort of state. Thinking of her twin. Had he recovered from his wounds by now? Was he returning to their family home? Was he trying to find her? The ladder brought a slight crease to her brow. What if he DID find her? How would he react to the fact she and Myth were more than traveling companions now? Rorie was always very protective of her when it came to her interactions with men. She understood why now. The fact she could actually feel others emotions as though they were her own can cause her a great deal of trouble. Especially when it came to affairs of the heart. Did Rorie know, somehow, and didn’t want to tell her for fear of scaring her into being a shut in? Or was it just another bond they shared from the time they shared in the womb?

Either way, Rayann wished she could see Rorie again. Perhaps he would accept Myth when he saw how deeply she felt about the Elf warrior. Her brother knew she never did things on a whim or without thinking things through completely. But in all honesty…did she really think this out? No…she didn’t. But there are some things, as she was learning, she couldn’t think out. They just….happened.

Unknowing to Rayann, as she sat contemplating and focusing on Rorie, her troubled twin felt a tug of sorts upon him. A sensation he hadn’t felt in quite some time. Knowing instantly what it was, or more appropriately who it was, it was acting like a beacon for him. The bond that had served them both so much over the course of their lives was beginning to ignite once more. While it was not as strong as it once was, the tiny spark had been lit. And sometimes, that’s all it took. A tiny spark.

Rayann slipped from her meditative state when she heard Kwinn come marching back. She watched Tanjee and Kwinn with a mixture of amusement and anxiety. There was no doubt Tanjee was at least somewhat attracted to Kwinn on some level but the man’s lack of manners and other things were not pleasing at all to the Elf. With that sort of tension in the mix, it could be more of a liability than an asset. Hopefully the two would learn to co exist long enough for them to reach their destination without incident. Or at least incidents they couldn’t handle.

Seeing the way Myth was enjoying his tormenting of the Elf, Rayann couldn’t help but shake her head. While she loved Myth dearly, she hadn’t seen this side of him that often, if at all, and it reminded her he had many sides to his soul. Thankfully it was all in good nature and she didn’t need to worry about him getting carried away. And Tanjee could use a few lessons in humility. Who better to deliver them then the intimidating form of Myth?

As Kwinn sat next to the Elf and went about his business, Rayann could see the mixed signals in Tanjee. While it was almost amusing to see the woman grow confused, Rayann knew it wasn’t as funny as it appeared when you were on the inside looking out.

As Tanjee jumped up and was about to say something to Kwinn when he belched loudly, Rayann sucked in her breath and held it for a moment knowing the Elf was about to give the human woods man a tongue lashing. But it never came. As soon as Tanjee stood, Myth moved as well and while he didn’t stand up, he made his presence very well known and it was enough to sway Tanjee’s decision.

Rayann let her breath go and sighed in relief. As Kwinn asked his question, Rayann watched Tanjee move to the near by tree and answered the woods man with her quiet voice. As she spoke, she reached over and took some of the rabbit for Myth, handing it to him before she took some for herself and sat back enjoying the taste of the well seasoned meat.

”We’re just arriving. At least Myth and I are, anyway. I believe Tanjee was as well since she had been following us for a while.”

Tanjee’s voice spoke up form overhead to clarify.

”I was returning home after a trip to my Goddess’ temple to bury my mother there.”
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:17 am

Myth began preparing for the meal when he could hear Kwinn returning. Satisfied with the cleaning of his family heirloom Myth ran his finger along the runes of the blade and smiled. He carefully slipped the blade back into its sheath and put away his things. Myth looked up in time to see the ranger enter into camp and Myth's eyes took note of his attire and weapons. In particular he noted the staff the man carried and looked upon it curiously before giving the human another once over. Myth did not see the trappings of Majere upon this man so this was no monk. He found it curious the human would choose such a weapon for a moment before the tactical part of his mind chimed in its two cents. Not many would expect to see such a weapon in the hands of someone other than a follower of Majere.

Pushing these thoughts away he ;et his gaze drift to Rayann who was meditating as she waited. He caught the barest glimpse of something in her eyes when they opened but it was brief and he couldn't quite place it. Instead he let his attention slip to Kwinn and Tanjee. He chuckled as it was obvious the elf was smitten with the humans looks. This would prove to be interesting given the manners Myth had already seen from the man. He knew this would clash with Tanjee's keen elven sensibility. Myth was delighted that it did not take long for the amusement to commence. While Kwinn's manners were quite rude even by some human standards he loved see the torment on Tanjee's face.

When Tanjee had become fed up is when Myth decided to reach for his water skin plastering a deliberate look of warning on his face. It had the desired effect and she cut herself off before she spoke. He would teach her to control her tongue or drive her nuts trying. When she wasn't looking he flashed an evil grin to Rayann and winked as she gave him his food. He stripped off some of the meat and popped it in his mouth. "This is indeed quite enjoyable..."

He nodded as Rayann and Tanjee both chimed in as to their way of travel. "I am returning home at the request of the lady here..." he motioned to Rayann "She seems to have felt something[ull her towards this place, and though I am hesitant about our welcome I am guiding her to her destination." He sipped from his water skin. "I would assume that you are simply making your rounds though correct?"
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:27 am

Aye Myth, you are correct, I travel this way about the same time every year. I really enjoy trading with the Silvanestri they make the finest of things and their hospitality compares to none.

Kwinn continued to attack the rabbit meat in his hand like a mad dog. The ranger wiped his face on his leather forearm guards several times as he ate.

In the past several trips they have been more on their guard. if they were not Elfkin one would almost say they seemed nervous or suspicious.

Kwinn shot Myth an intense look.
Not being Elfkin they do not tell me of their troubles nor do I expect they would. But something is there. i know not what but one can almost sense it in the air.

Kwinn finished off his small bit of rabbit and moved back towards the fire for another morsel.

As he pulled another small section of the cooked rabbit loose he began to sing as he ate.

There are many fine women who live on the mountain, many fine beauties that live on the mountain. If you have enough money you can see the fine ladies that live on the mountain.

Surely the ranger was not singing of ladies of the evening at their makeshift dinner in Elf company.

Ha! If we only had some strong drink than this would be a fine feast! The ranger blurted out with his mouth full. He then went back to singing about the ladies for hire that 'lived on the mountain'.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:44 pm

Tanjee decided to rejoin the group after she had dined on the seasoned rabbit meat. As Kwinn mentioned the fact the Elves were a bit more nervous or suspicious, she glanced over at Myth and Rayann then looked away and turned to tend what was left of this mornings breakfast.

As Kwinn began his boisterous song about fine women on a mountain, she once more gritted her teeth but found her tongue had other ideas. Before she could stop herself, she quickly shot the human Ranger a comment over her shoulder.

“Your bellowing will surely be a beacon to anything out in these woods, friendly or otherwise. Especially considering the topic you chose to squawk about.”

Picking meat off the bones of the rabbit they had all enjoyed, Tanjee spoke to the group without bothering to turn and look at anyone knowing the look she would be getting from Myth especially.

”I’ll pack this away for us to eat later.”

Pulling out a piece of folded, worn leather, Tanjee spread the meat on the leather and sprinkled some more herbs on it before carefully folding the leather around the meat. Placing the leather in her traveling pack, she stood up and brushed her trousers off then walked over to the far edge of the make shift camp.
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:44 pm

Rayann watched Tanjee’s reaction to what Kwinn had stated about the Elves being nervous. While the Elf had eluded to some trouble as well, she never actually said what the trouble was. And now Kwinn had mentioned something about possible trouble. Furrowing her brows, Rayann spoke to Myth’s mind as she watched Tanjee.

~I hope we haven’t jumped from the frying pan into the fire. That’s twice now mention of possible trouble in your homeland. I would say we best be prepared for just about anything.~

Turning her gaze to Myth, she tilted her head slightly as her voice slipped into his mind once more.

~You….haven’t had any more dreams…have you?~

It worried her that she couldn’t see what the dream was that had troubled Myth so much. While he gave her full rein in his mind, she knew he was keeping that vision from her but didn’t know why. He told her what the dream was about and that it was horrible. But surely it wasn’t that bad that he couldn’t share it with her, right?
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:45 pm

2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 3073711_tml

Kwinn ceased his singing after Tanjee had her say, he finished the last few bites of his food in relative silence. He was not unfamiliar with Elfkin women and their delicate sensibilities, the ranger was now very aware that he had offended the pretty Elf.

What Tanjee did not know is that even though the ranger sang his loud and raunchy songs he was acutely aware of their surroundings. Kwinn's instincts were razor sharp, a product of long stretches living alone in wild places. If necessary the ranger could be silent to any ears and invisible to almost any eyes, the human could travel through wild places without leaving so much as a footprint. In fact if the elves took a moment to look around they would hardly find so much as a single boot print from the ranger in and around the campground.

Kwinn watched Tanjee walk away from the small fire and out to the edge of the makeshift camp. He decided to leave her be and turned his attention to Myth and Rayann.

I am curious Myth, how long have you been away from your home here? And what do you suppose these Sylvan kin of yours will think of your mage woman?

Kwinn looked back to Tanjee who was just out of earshot know and back to Myth.

It has always been my understanding that Elfkin and humankind do not mix well, many times have the Silvanestri reminded me that in these woods it is their laws that stand, I don't have to remind you that they take these matters very seriously.

Kwinn fell silent again, he did not wish to offend a second Elf in one sitting, the ranger was not used to companions and conversation and he was finding that it was next to impossible to keep his foot from his mouth.

Pay my opinion's no heed Myth, they are the ramblings of a man who has not had any ears to bend in a long while. The ranger then spoke to Rayann as well.

You too priestess, forgive me my ignorance.

Kwinn went back to stirring the campfire, every few minutes he watched for Tanjee, her form just a shadow beyond the firelight.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:47 pm

Myth sat in silence for several minutes after Rayan asked him about his dreams. He was not sure he wanted to bother her with the details of the matter but he knew she would aask again. He sighed taking a drink from his waterskin before speaking to her mentally through their band.

"I've had on or two since we left the cottage, but none nearly as severe as that first one.I He set down the skin leveling his eyes with hers "I did not wish to trouble your mind with the matter but I suppose I shouldn't be secretive about it. Near as I can remember though nothing significant has happened yet that give me pause, but we are still hunted I get that much from them."

He shifted his gaze to Kwinn when the human asked him about his time spent away from home. Myth could scarcely count the years as it was himself. He was unsure of how things would go once they reached a real settlement. However Myth was not one to beat around the bush and he answered Kwinn's inquiries.

"Truth be told my friend I could not tell you how long its been. I lost track of the time many many years ago. To say I am a bit out of touch with the happenings of the Sylvanesti would be an understatement."" Myth simply shrugged.

"As to the other matter you speak of I am not concerned with the Sylvanesti opinions of whom I have chosen as my partner. It is a matter of the heart that the elders will have to deal with. Though I am certain that my human companion will be the last things on anyone's mind." He gave Rayann something of an uncertain glance. She would know what he meant by that statement
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:13 am

Rayann felt a wave of unease wash over her with Myth’s revelation he had more dreams since that first one. While she knew he didn’t want to worry her with them, she was glad he did level with her and let her know he had something. Knowing he would not deceive her in any way with the news, she trusted his visions and knew they were a warning to him that they had best keep moving onward.

As Kwin made his inquiry’s, Rayann let her eyes sty focused on Myth. When the mention of his companion was made, she wanted to see what his reaction was going to be. Since revealing their feeling for each other and spending time alone to explore them, they had not encountered anyone that made mention of their relationship. But now, as Kwinn brought up the obvious, Rayann was interested to see just how Myth handled such a thing.

It was no secret that Elves were of the mind set that each species should pair with their own and when an Elf reached beyond his or her own kind, it was almost blasphemous. Knowing Kwinn was merely speaking honestly, she knew he was not being ignorant or rude. He was merely stating the obvious truth they were going to have to deal with.

When she saw how Myth handled the topic, she felt a small smile tug at the corners of her mouth and felt her heart swell with pride and love. Of course that smile didn’t last long when he spoke his last sentence. How would his brethren treat him knowing who he used to be aligned with? THAT was the real concern they would have. Of course Kwinn was clueless as to Myth’s past and it was none of his business now so Rayann didn’t see any reason to bring it up.

She did, however, feel the need to change the subject.

”Well, now that we have all shared a nice breakfast, thanks to our new friends, I would say it’s time for us to be moving onward. Shall we?”
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:14 am

Tanjee, who was standing on the edge of the small camp, had turned her head to look at Myth when he made the comment about his human companion being the last of his people’s worries. Knowing, at least something, of the story behind the legend, she knew what he meant. While she was still uncertain if he and the human Mage were being completely truthful, she DID know the human woman wouldn’t be traipsing around in a robe of Solinari. So if that were the case, she knew Myth had turned a new leaf of some sort. How that would reflect on her people remained to be seen.

When Rayann suggested they be on their way, Tanjee chimed in then and nodded.

”Aye…..it’s best we leave here. We have lingered long enough. Kwinn? Would you be so kind as to make it look as though we were not even here?”

Looking over at Myth, she quirked her brow.

”If you would not mind, I would like to take the lead for now.”
Back to top Go down
subbear

subbear

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:16 am

2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 3073711_tml

Kwinn listened and finished eating without any more rude questions, the ranger was learning a good deal about his new friends, these travelers were unlike anyone he had encountered before.

Myth seemed completely without any fear, the Mage woman Rayaan was like a calming breeze with her quiet way and Tanjee well she was just downright intimidating with her many opinions, both spoken and unspoken.

When the she elf and Rayaan suggested that it was a good time to get moving Kwinn was grateful for the suggestion. Kwinn put the small fire out and buried it in a way that it was undetectable, the ranger buried the rabbit bones as well, he mixed a curious blend of soil and wild grass with them.

Kwinn could see Tanjee watching his efforts.
The earth and grasses will cover the smell of our fire and the rabbit, even a hound would have a time finding these once they are buried.

Kwinn walked the camp, he seemed to be walking in random circles but he was stamping out any bootprints (even the faint elf ones). His custom boots stamped down any disturbance in the soil around the camp, after a few minutes the ranger seemed satisfied.

Looks good to me friends, let us stretch our legs a bit.
The ranger walked on and he began to sing once again.

I am a rich man you women can see, which one of you ladies will come home with me...

As it turned out there were more than ten verses of this tune, each consecutive verse was more vulgar than the previous. Kwinn sang much quieter this time than before, at least his new companions could be thankful for that.
Back to top Go down
serredeth

serredeth

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:07 am

2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Pirabanner

A slender hand slid beneath the bloom of a deep red rose and with the slightest of tugs pulled the bloom away from the rose bush. A pair of scarlet eyes peered down upon the rose as it was lifted to the delicate rose of a women. Ruby lips pulled back in a smile as she took in a deep breath. “Mmmmm.... so divine...” As the woman exhaled it was as if the rose had been put to flame as it quickly sizzled and turned to ash in the woman's grasp. She frowned slightly as she closed her hands upon the piled of ash and let it slide from her hand ever so slowly. She sighed and stood tall once more.

Dressed in robes of the deepest red she stood about average height for a human but upon close inspection of her ears one would see the points that would mark her as half-elven. Flame red hair was draped around her shoulders hanging mid length down her back. She was wearing a dark red cloak that hid away her form for the most part. Beneath that she wore a vibrant red robe and a bodice embroidered with black and silver arcane designs. Two rings adorned each hand with varying designs upon them and in her hand she walked with a staff that looked as if it had been charred in a fire.

Straightening her dress and her cloak the woman's eyes fell upon the path before her and she began to walk. She was traveling north upon this road skirting around the fabled witch wood. She feared nothing in that spirit monster infested place but she had and agreement to not enter with the spirits there in. It added a great deal of time to her travel but it also helped her avoid certain entanglements. All in all she was happy to be on the beaten path as she looked ahead of herself. She had awoken with a sense of purpose this day but she knew not what that purpose was.

((I just waned to get her out there. My brain just did not want to work with me on a good start))
Back to top Go down
RPMistress
SWATTER
SWATTER
RPMistress

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:33 pm

Once again the human ranger surprised Tanjee with his forethought. Perhaps she was being a little too harsh on the man. But he was human. Weren’t they SUPPOSED to be harsh on them. No matter how well they had learned the Elven way? Her gaze strayed to Rayann and Myth as she watched them interact with each other. This mountain of an Elf had chosen a female human as his mate. Then again, he wasn’t exactly like the Elves of the Sylvanesti. The legend of his life was proof to that.

When the camp was secure and no evidence remained of their presence, Tanjee nodded to the others and started walking onward, leading the rag tag group forward, deeper into the Sylvanesti woods. It wouldn’t be long before the outer patrols picked up on their presence. Especially with Kwinn singing his vulgar song but this time, Tanjee welcomed the noise. This way, the patrol wouldn’t be taken by surprise.

They had been walking for about two hours when Tanjee brought them up short, holding her hand up in the universal sign for stop and quiet. The forest had grown especially quiet in this area. And there was a strange scent on the air. One she had never come across before. It was faint but there all the same. And it smelled of…..metal…..and sulfur….

Tanjee’s nose twitched slightly as she sniffed the air to try and determine what direction it was strongest in. She had just turned to the west when a strange whistling sound reached her ears. She had just enough time to yell at the others and drop to the ground before the bolt whizzed by her hit the trunk of the tree behind her with a solid THUD.

”GET DOWN!”

About that time a chorus of strange sounds could be heard as a group of about twenty Dretches, pale, squat, hairless humanoid creatures that stand about four feet tall, left their hiding places. Each Dretch was armed with some sort of weapon or two. Some had bows with arrows, others had pike looking weapons, and others had bolos. What made these creatures so bad to fight against was the fact they communicated telepathically with each other and worked like one big fighting unit as opposed to several single pieces.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths   2:  Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2: Unwavering Wills and Uncertain Paths
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bifrost Bridge - Best Storytelling :: PORTALS OF ASGARD - Other worldly tales :: Shards of Krynn :: Shards of Krynn Book 1-
Jump to: